RPG Shooter: Starwish page 11

306 posts

Flag Post

No it’s not possible. Even if u get all character endings u can view special ending but then u can’t view regular ending. To view Regular ending u MUST fail to get at least one of the character endings, or chosing “no wish” will result in seeing special. So if u want to view ALL endings u MUST complete game at least twice. Still i agree that it’s really hard to get special in first play:) and i seriouslky doubt somebody will look for “how to get special” guide before playing first time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NNinja:

No it’s not possible. Even if u get all character endings u can view special ending but then u can’t view regular ending. To view Regular ending u MUST fail to get at least one of the character endings, or chosing “no wish” will result in seeing special. So if u want to view ALL endings u MUST complete game at least twice. Still i agree that it’s really hard to get special in first play:) and i seriouslky doubt somebody will look for “how to get special” guide before playing first time.

Hahah, oh right I forgot the normal ending :). Although playing through a game 2 times isn’t too bad imo. I do think it would be nice to have an option in the main menu to view endings you’ve already earned though.

Flag Post

To be honest, the in-game “all endings viewed” achievement is activated even if you haven’t seen the normal ending and went straight to Special Ending. But to see all the endings in earnest you would indeed need to play the game twice, and on Hard at least one time.

Flag Post

Question when exactly doe the game autosave? I was trying to get the chosen one achievement but messed up right before the end. Can I just refresh before returning to the ship or do I have to restart :( ?

Flag Post

U have to restart:( sorry man bad luck. I also messed up like that when i was hunting ginny’s ending and tryed to refresh but it didn’t work.

Flag Post
Originally posted by supermuddy:

Question when exactly doe the game autosave? I was trying to get the chosen one achievement but messed up right before the end. Can I just refresh before returning to the ship or do I have to restart :( ?

It autosaves after each level, so yeah, any deaths instantly mess up anything that requires no deaths (Ginny’s ending, chosen one). That being said, the big cheese way to get no deaths is a new game plus where you max out your Defense and Intel stats, get defensive shielding and overheal for the last two bonus options, and and pump all your mods into regen, except for like 7 or 8 in engine (can drop to 5 when you’re not in a water level) and a couple dozen each in shield and health, so your playthrough isn’t totally for nothing. That’s probably also the best strategy for a normal game, too.

Also, I’m probably being blind, but how do you see which achievements you have? I think I have them all but I want to check.

Flag Post

Also, I’m probably being blind, but how do you see which achievements you have? I think I have them all but I want to check.

I remember clicking the small yellow thing on the top right corner when at the level selection screen.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SAL37:

I remember clicking the small yellow thing on the top right corner when at the level selection screen.

Thanks, that worked.

Flag Post

The game was good for a bit, but got boring and repetitive because of the bosses and the gameplay. If it didn’t have such an amazing story, I would have quit about halfway through the game. Still one of my favourites, though.

Flag Post

agreed.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

The gameplay left much to be desired. Being unable to avoid the laser beams on the final boss = very irritating. And on a whole, the gameplay is no Frantic/Frantic2/BulletHeaven

But the plot/characters are the best I’ve ever seen in a flash game and the emotional responses the endings got out of me more or less blew away any game I’ve ever played past the golden age of RPGs on the SNES.

Makes you realize…if a couple of people can make such an experience…why is it that professional game companies can’t deliver anything memorable? Odds are, I’ll remember this game for a LONG time, right there with Seiken Densetsu 3, Chrono Trigger, FFVII, and FFX.

Very, very well done in the story department, which just goes to show that no matter what kind of gameplay you have, it’ll be forgotten. But a good story is immortal.

Well done, Starwish team. That said, please don’t ruin this game with a sequel. The experience was too beautiful, and any of the endings deliver a sense of closure—of course, the special ending should be the canon one—when EVERYONE gets to be happy =).

Flag Post

I don’t think sequel qould ruin this. Of course each ending somehow closes the story but i know some good stories that wheren’t meant to be continued but still had good sequels. Actually each of the endings(or at least most of it) gives MUCH room for sequel, for example we know that deuce becomes a father in at least some of ending(in 3(D,M,N) whe know he is, in 3(normal,S,J) we know he’s not and in other 3 it’s uncertain.) and his children could easily be heroes of another story. Universe is full of mysteries and some of them could be found out.

Flag Post

To be honest, I don’t see how there would be a sequel, unless the plot is in a whole different time period.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Adrokila:

To be honest, I don’t see how there would be a sequel, unless the plot is in a whole different time period.

Agreed. It’s an all right pure happy ending in general for the game by continuing the plot.

Flag Post

Of course it won’t be the same time period;) As i said, the main hero in sequel will most probably be deuce’s kid(s), or for example Swig’s kid(also deuce;) ) from swig’s ending if it’l become canon. I would say that sequel will take place about 20 years at least from where the story ended(no matter how). I wonder, if we’ll play as half-lucernian will he have some special abilities to use during game?

Flag Post

Well, frankly, I’m of the opinion that Ginny Good End aka Special End should be canon. Why we can’t vote for that is beyond me, because that puts the best (and actually most believable) ending to the story—the rest are simply a case of “well why THAT character over ALL the others” not to mention that Ginny’s and Johnny’s explicitly suck, Nef’s and Mare’s require far more suspension of disbelief, Swig and Deadeye are far more secondary in the game than most others besides Johnny, and Tessa’s just has bad implications for Nef and Mare (no Janni transform, Lucerna kaboom’d, death in short order).

Special end just seems to make the most sense given all of the above negative consequences.

Flag Post

I wouldn’t call it “Ginny good ending” because i’ts EVERYONE’s ending.
SPOILER WARNING!!!
Deadeye gets her sight back, swig get’s his planet back, generally everyone has their wish granted. In fact i would call speacial ending combination of all other endings. BTW where the hell have u read that in tessa’s ending Mare and Nefi did NOT become janni? They weren’t mentioned but imo i’ts obvious the did. Jonny promised to tell them The Secret and they could easili give their powers to , let’s say, swig.

Flag Post

This game is fantastic. Although the special ending is really hard to get.

Flag Post

Wouldn’t be special if it was easy;) Still good scheme, and little work and u can do it;)

Flag Post

These are the Requirements for talking to people in the Cafe:

Mare: 4 days. No requirements, but because Mare comes back every 4 days, you must talk to Mare within the first 2 days.
Johnny: 3 days. Requires an increasing amount of unspent moola.
Ginny: 2 days. To get her last chat, you must not have died prior to viewing it. After that, you can die as much as you want.
Swig: 3 days. No Requirements. Swig is pretty much guaranteed.
Deadeye: 3 days. Requires that you increase your weapon levels.
Tessa: 3 days. Requires you to buy an increasing number of mods.
Neferiti: 1 day. Requires 500 kills on hard mode.

Flag Post

These are rather requirements for endings not for talking. In most cases u are correct but in case of Ginny 1 death means 1 lost talk(example: u died 3 times so u can talk to Ginny at most 5 times) u should also ad that the last talk with ginny MUST be made exacly on day 18(just before her escape) and u can’t talk to Nefi before 3rd world.

Flag Post

Please help…
How do I copy my saved game so that I can paste it in later?
I worked long and hard to unlock all the endings, then came back and found that the save had been deleted, getting rid of my save file for directly before the Iblis fight.
I like to view the endings again, but I don’t want to have to replay the entire game every few days just to do that.

Flag Post

1. Don’t clear your cookies or history
2. Set save data for this site in the Flash Storage Settings to “Unlimited”
3. Make sure “private browsing” is OFF
4. Make sure “block sites from setting any data” is OFF
5. Make sure “clear browser history on exit” is OFF
6. Don’t run a tool like CCleaner or Better Privacy (unless you add the proper exceptions)
Do this and save file won’t be cleared. I’ve completed everything weeks ago and i can still view everything just by beating ibby.

Flag Post

this game is one of the best ever…
the gameplay is average… good job for a mediocre programmer
but the power of the game came from the storyline and the
“cafe” sequences where u grow relationships between deuce(main char)
and the others…
i think acheive #10 is to get all endings 1normal (no wish), 1 special(where Starwish gave every char pretty
much what they desired) and 7 char endings (Ginny,Tessa,Deadeye,Swig,Johnny,Mare,and Neferiti)
and i think its possible to get all of them on 1 playthrough… u beat the final boss, choose an ending, then
at the main menu u choose “continue” not the new game plus.. then u kill the final boos and choose a different
ending… repeat until u get all 9 endings… i think that works