RPG Shooter: Starwish page 2

309 posts

Flag Post

Ok, well starting a new game on hard to see if I can see the other 2 endings.

Does anyone know what the initial set of questions do? A wild guess says they are the original stat point location, but I didn’t pay close attention last time. Perhaps initial stats and the stats that you get every time you level up but are pre-assigned? Eh, I am over analyzing a flash game that is awesome because of the story line.

Flag Post

Your wild guess is right. Someone asked the developer and he said the questions just set your starting stats.

Flag Post

Thanks for the info Colorstyle, I was afraid I’d have to redo everything if I started a new game with a different difficulty.

To contribute something more useful, I had some thoughts on the cafe requirements/endings. In terms of what I’m pretty sure of, the conversation requirements I (think) I’ve figured out so far:

Johnny – related to having lots of moola
Deadeye – weapon purchases/upgrades
Tessa – defense stat (After continuing a game I beat (not a new game plus, just right before the final boss), I leveled up an put more points into defense. She suddenly appeared in the cafe, even though it had been empty previously. Also I think one of Johnny’s advice tips hint at this.)

On my first play through, I got only endings for Johnny, Swig, and Deadeye, and always talked to everyone who became available in the cafe. I put almost no points in defense until later in the game, and noticed my Tessa conversations stopped fairly early on. I also thought that the achievements seemed to be related to the conversation requirements (moola achievement, overdrive achievement (defense boosts overdrive stat), weapons collector/excessive force) so if I had to guess, I’d think Swig’s requirements were related to killing enemies. I didn’t get Mare’s ending and I’m starting to think it has to do with dying under a certain amount of times (using “escape” in battles seems to match up with Mare’s lessons, and this requirement relates to the not dying achievement…I tended to just go down shooting instead of escaping >_>).

Just a wild guess, but is it possible Ginny’s conversations/ending is related to purchasing a certain number of mods? It seems to fit with the achievement theory, in addition to relating to where she works. Also, while this is just anecdotal evidence, I purchased very few mods on my first play through and didn’t get her ending.

Flag Post

I think Ginny’s ending requires you to not die while Ginny is with you. AKA not die during world 1 and 2. I saw this somewhere i forget where, i googled it though. Anyways thanks for the info, i’ll try to get all the endings.

Flag Post

Swig – related to either guns you have or kills you have.
Mare- related to deaths you have, i died alot and her whole story plot is about not knowing when to leave battle before dying.

Flag Post

Johnny and moola makes sense. I only got his ending after I saved up lots of moola.

But I didn’t save up moola on the playthrough when I got Johnny’s ending. That was an earlier playthrough. So maybe you just have to meet these hidden requirements once. Then it carries over like achievements.

The developer’s hint for Ginny was “try living”. That’s why I thought it had to do with deaths. But maybe he secretly meant, “Buy a lot of mods and put them in health” or something, heh. That would be sneaky.

Flag Post

also i don’t think that Tessa’s requirement deals with defense. In fact i have a very high defense stat and she didn’t appear much. I think it is about the amount of times you overdrive.

she started to appear more when i overdrived more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Colorstyle:

Johnny and moola makes sense. I only got his ending after I saved up lots of moola.

But I didn’t save up moola on the playthrough when I got Johnny’s ending. That was an earlier playthrough. So maybe you just have to meet these hidden requirements once. Then it carries over like achievements.

The developer’s hint for Ginny was “try living”. That’s why I thought it had to do with deaths. But maybe he secretly meant, “Buy a lot of mods and put them in health” or something, heh.

I think your right, all the requirements seem to follow the achievements closely.

Flag Post

Overdrive would actually make more sense, since they do seem to match up well with the achievements. When Tessa appeared in the cafe, I just assumed it was defense cause I had been only pumping that stat, but I had also been fighting the final boss and overdriving a lot (which I usually did one or zero times per stage during my play through). Again, its only anecdotal evidence, but that theory sounds like a better one than my initial impression.

Flag Post

Johnny’s is having a certain amount of moola when you check the cafe. I’ve tested it by checking the cafe and seeing him there, then buying something and the option to talk to him is gone.
I did basically the same thing with Deadeye, I checked the cafe and she wasn’t there, bought a weapon upgrade and found her there. Oh, and Tessa’s chats are related to defense and to get Neferiti you need to do hard mode, but that’s been stated several times already XD

Edit: You also have to beat a certain amount of stages for certain chats to appear. Some of them mention events that have happened in the game already.
SPOILER: Like how Swig mentions Oracle’s death in one of his conversations.

Flag Post

i died 4 times and i didnt get ginny’s ending ahhh

Flag Post
Originally posted by weegee10:

i died 4 times and i didnt get ginny’s ending ahhh

how many mods do you have, did you die only on the 3rd world?

Flag Post

Getting endings is much more tricky than I originally thought _ How did I manage to get so many on my first playthough when all these requirements are here?

The three I missed were Tessa (I maxed attack and agi, with def as my minor stat and no points in int or luck), Mare (I only escaped a few times ever), and Ginny (I died a buttload, definitely while she was around and only had about 50 mods by the time she was gone).

Next time I play through, which should be soon, I’m going to be playing on normal, I’m going to be escaping a lot, maxing out def and int, and trying to get the no deaths achievement. I’ll let you guys know my results and what I notice.

Update: I noticed that Tessa almost never showed up unless I went into a level, escaped, and re-checked the Cafe. Strangely, this rarely was the case for Mare. I’m not sure what to make of that. In the end, All three endings that I had not previously achieved were available. All I did was talk to no one aside from Mare, Tessa and Ginny. I also never died, and escaped right away every time I entered a new level for the first time to check the Cafe. My stats were max def, max int, leftover in agi. This stuff worked wonders. Good luck to the rest of you guys!

Flag Post

As far as I can tell, there are only eight endings

EDIT: Sorry, make that 9. 8 total (7 character endings + “no wish” ending) plus the optimal ending

Flag Post

I don’t play games on this site….
But you people make me wanna try this game >:
Is it really decent?

Flag Post

If anyone is dying to see/read all the endings, let me know

Flag Post

Here is the secret ending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMm0tsUFWCc

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrRubix:

If anyone is dying to see/read all the endings, let me know

I am very much dying to see all the endings.

Flag Post

you know what annoys me?
I was so close to the perfect ending on my first playthrough… ginny’s ending screwed me. T.T

Flag Post

It’s easier to just follow Mare’s advice and bail when you’re about to die. :P

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Go back to off-topic, Duckboii >.>
Thanks for the secret ending post, Rubix.

Flag Post

So, MrRubix, I watched your video and I have a couple of questions.

I have achieved all character endings, and have all 11 in-game achievements.

If I start a new game on hard (not new game+), will I be able to see the special ending regardless of my character relationship choices?

If not, the alternative is that I have to play it through one more time on hard (getting all of the characters that I can to a good relationship) and one time on hard+ (getting all characters I missed on the first playthrough), right?

Or do I have to have a good relationship with every single character in a single playthrough of hard? That doesn’t seem possible to me plus I think your youtube video said that you need to do more than one playthrough, but I don’t know for sure.