RPG Shooter: Starwish page 9

307 posts

Flag Post

Wish I could read all the conversations. There’s the ending video, but no conversation video.

Flag Post

Finally beaten the game. I was hoping to go for at least one special ending, but I wasn’t able to do so sadly. Oh well, it was enjoyable nevertheless.

Flag Post

I seriously doubt this game was inspired from the Naruto manga/anime. In fact, all those types of characters show up in many things from series long before Naruto. Heck those are basically just fundamental characters in almost every series. You’ve got your idiot idealistic hero, tsundere, shy potential love interest, the rival, the humanized enemy, the drunkard father figure (not the abusive kind), and a whole bunch of other things are just common ways to do things in fiction. Heck I could probably compare all the characters in this to friggen dragonball z if I wanted (deuce’d probably be goku or gohan, older chichi could fit for tessa, vegeta mare and neferiti on his own , master roshi swig, the only one I’m having problems with is a ginny comparison.

Flag Post

I sense prety much jappanese influence but i wouldn’t say it’s especially Naruto. You see what you want too see, and there are mistakes in your comparison. Tessa loves Deuce but like brother not like a guy, Sakura does not love Naruto at all. Ginny isn’t passive, and i wouldn’t say she doesn’t show love rather she doesn’t tell about it direclty. Besides u haven’t comapred anyone to Jonny, Aurica and Gen. If u compare some of them like that compare all. If i were to compare anybody i would say that ginny is someone between Hinata and Winry Rockbell, but that still wouldn’t be full ginny.The girl has a Sense of humor he is cheerfll and remarkably selfless. Each Charakter is unique so these all comparing don’t have much point.

Damn it, i was damn hard too get Special ending but it was worth it. My favorite, but i wonder if it’s really good or just i’m sattisfided to get it. Still, i wonder if i would vote for it to be canon if i could.

Flag Post

my favorite ending was the non special no wish ending, but that’s mainly because I like the title deuce gets. it feels like getting the tyrant title in disgaea or something awesome like that. as for a specific character ending I liked mare’s. What I’d really like would be a prequel over a sequel though, something with the 7 pirate lords in their early years could work, maybe introduce Triton and Kitsune, etc.

Flag Post

But prequel would hold no suprises. i too would like to see(or play as) Kitsune but wee know how most of the p.lords Die so author would be very limited.
Main ending was… let’s say, too regular in my opinion. Everybody is happyy deuce (or Deus) Becames pirate overlord everybody does their jobs and everybody is happy. Just standard not much suprises. Sill better than Nefi’s ending, the only one i really dislike. Too bad that Ginny dies in most endings. I liked that girl.

Flag Post

1. Use Overdrive three times in one battle. [Check!]
2. Get one of each weapon. [Check!
3. Moolianaire. Possess 3,000,000 unspent moola. Rich! [Check!]
4. Buy 200 mods. [Check!]
5. Get a level 61 weapon. [Check!]
6. Reach level 100. [Check!]
7. Destroy 4000 enemies. [Check!]
8. Beat the first Firebolt fight. [Check!]
9. Complete the game. [Check!]
10. Chosen One. Completed the game without dying. Immortal! [Fuck I need to complete the game again!?!?!?! ]
All done in the first attempt in normal, couldn’t beat Firebolt in Hard on the first fight, but managed to do it in normal when Lvl 1 :D Yah, you can do that :) About 16 times haha
Reached all weapons lvl 65+, lvl 109 with 212 Mods in 4days.
I LOVE this game, would definitely want a squeal to Starwish!
11/10 Thank you xdanond for all your effort in making this game and even free to play. The best flash RPG I ever played. Looking forward to more projects of yours :D

Just wondering, What are the requirements to get all the endings?
I only managed to get 5 available in my normal ending, Johnny, Swig, Dedai, Terssa, No Wish.

Flag Post

You must Finish the game:) For character ending you must speak whith that character 8 times, For Special yu must be able to get any other(in one game). You can speak with Nefi every day after shi comes to mothership, with Ginny every 2 days before she leaves, with Mare every 4 days whith everyone else every 3 days. Some talks cannot be done before certain day, and everyone except Mare and swig has certain requirements. When talking woth Jonny u can figure out what they are. Her is what Jonny says:
About himself: “If you save up moola i will tell you more secrets”
About Deadeye:“Inventor’s pride, She likes people who test out her weapons”
About Pinkhair:“She likes people who are prepared. Investing in defences for example helps keeping you alive”
About Ginny:“She always seems happy when yopu come back alive from missions”
About Nefi:“If you want to talk to her you should prove yourself in battle”

Not exacly what he said but point is kept. Figure it out yourself, you will have much more sattisfaction:)

Flag Post
Originally posted by NNinja:

I sense prety much jappanese influence but i wouldn’t say it’s especially Naruto. You see what you want too see, and there are mistakes in your comparison. Tessa loves Deuce but like brother not like a guy, Sakura does not love Naruto at all. Ginny isn’t passive, and i wouldn’t say she doesn’t show love rather she doesn’t tell about it direclty. Besides u haven’t comapred anyone to Jonny, Aurica and Gen. If u compare some of them like that compare all. If i were to compare anybody i would say that ginny is someone between Hinata and Winry Rockbell, but that still wouldn’t be full ginny.The girl has a Sense of humor he is cheerfll and remarkably selfless. Each Charakter is unique so these all comparing don’t have much point.

Damn it, i was damn hard too get Special ending but it was worth it. My favorite, but i wonder if it’s really good or just i’m sattisfided to get it. Still, i wonder if i would vote for it to be canon if i could.

Well considering the title screen has Japanese text, and most of the character artwork is anime style…
Also Sakura does love Naruto as a brother, she’s (arguably) in love with Sasuke

“i wouldn’t say she doesn’t show love rather she doesn’t tell about it direclty.
Sounds pretty close to what shy means

Originally posted by craftymofo:

Not perfect copies obviosly, but I wonder if Naruto influenced the Dev when making this game

Flag Post

@Neontrombone
Read the rest of the thread
Protip: You have to play on hard mode

Originally posted by vaen:

I seriously doubt this game was inspired from the Naruto manga/anime. In fact, all those types of characters show up in many things from series long before Naruto. Heck those are basically just fundamental characters in almost every series. You’ve got your idiot idealistic hero, tsundere, shy potential love interest, the rival, the humanized enemy, the drunkard father figure (not the abusive kind), and a whole bunch of other things are just common ways to do things in fiction. Heck I could probably compare all the characters in this to friggen dragonball z if I wanted (deuce’d probably be goku or gohan, older chichi could fit for tessa, vegeta mare and neferiti on his own , master roshi swig, the only one I’m having problems with is a ginny comparison.

Yeah true, but I don’t know that many animes besides Bleach/Naruto/Death Note, but I was too lazy to find other shows to match characters

Flag Post
Also Sakura does love Naruto as a brother, she’s (arguably) in love with Sasuke

Primo, not arguably if you know her, Secundo, Sakura likes him as a friend but they,re not even close to siblings. I wouln’t call it love

“i wouldn’t say she doesn’t show love rather she doesn’t tell about it direclty.
Sounds pretty close to what shy means

Never said that she is not, but yous said “Too shy to show love” which is little incorect.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrRubix:

If you’re cheating, the game will prevent you from seeing any other endings.

There was also a NG+ bug that also nuked the other endings but I think the dev has since fixed that error.

What does the game consider cheating?

Flag Post

It’s not so much that the game as influenced by Naruto, as that those are huge character archetypes. A “well intentioned, headstrong, not too bright” protagonist and an easily angered healer-type girl are not necessarily any kind of huge, original development. A seemingly emotionless enemy and a drunken sidekick with hidden power aren’t either.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NNinja:

You must Finish the game:) For character ending you must speak whith that character 8 times, For Special yu must be able to get any other(in one game). You can speak with Nefi every day after shi comes to mothership, with Ginny every 2 days before she leaves, with Mare every 4 days whith everyone else every 3 days. Some talks cannot be done before certain day, and everyone except Mare and swig has certain requirements. When talking woth Jonny u can figure out what they are. Her is what Jonny says:
About himself: “If you save up moola i will tell you more secrets”
About Deadeye:“Inventor’s pride, She likes people who test out her weapons”
About Pinkhair:“She likes people who are prepared. Investing in defences for example helps keeping you alive”
About Ginny:“She always seems happy when yopu come back alive from missions”
About Nefi:“If you want to talk to her you should prove yourself in battle”

Not exacly what he said but point is kept. Figure it out yourself, you will have much more sattisfaction:)

Yeah you are right. Then you can refer to the discussion in P.3 or directly refer to here: 1: Mare (1-2) Deadeye (1-2) 2: Tessa (1-2) Swig (1-2) 3: You need 10+ total weapon levels tomorrow. Ginny (1-2) Johnny (1-2) 4: You need 10+ mods tomorrow. Deadeye (2-3) (requires 10+ total weapon levels) 5: Mare (2-3) Tessa (2-3) (requires 10+ mods) 6: You need 50,000+ cash and 30+ total weapon levels tomorrow. Ginny (2-3) Swig (2-3) 7: You need 20+ mods tomorrow. Johnny (2-3) (requires 50,000+ cash) Deadeye (3-4) (requires 30+ total weapon levels) 8: Ginny (3-4) Tessa (3-4) (requires 20+ mods) 9: You need 100,000+ cash tomorrow. Mare (3-4) Swig (3-4) 10: You need 60+ total weapon levels and 30+ mods tomorrow. Ginny (4-5) Johnny (3-4) (requires 100,000+ cash) 11: Deadeye (4-5) (requires 60+ total weapon levels) Tessa (4-5) (requires 30+ mods) 12: You need 150,000+ cash tomorrow. Ginny (5-6) Swig (4-5) 13: You need 100+ total weapon levels tomorrow. Mare (4-5) Johnny (4-5) (requires 150,000+ cash) 14: You need 40+ mods tomorrow. Ginny (6-7) Deadeye (5-6) (requires 100+ total weapon levels) 15: You need 200,000+ cash tomorrow. Tessa (5-6) (requires 40+ mods) Swig (5-6) 16: You need 150+ total weapon levels tomorrow. Ginny (7-8) Johnny (5-6) (requires 200,000+ cash) 17: You need 50+ mods tomorrow. Mare (5-6) Deadeye (6-7) (requires 150+ total weapon levels) 18: You need 250,000+ cash tomorrow. Ginny (8-9) (Ginny ending unlocked) Tessa (6-7) (requires 50+ mods) 19: You need 210+ total weapon levels tomorrow. Johnny (6-7) (requires 250,000+ cash) Swig (6-7) 20: You need 60+ mods tomorrow. Deadeye (7-8) (requires 210+ total weapon levels) 21: You need 300,000+ cash tomorrow. Mare (6-7) Tessa (7-8) (requires 60+ mods) 22: You need 280+ total weapon levels tomorrow. Johnny (7-8) (requires 300,000+ cash) Swig (7-8) 23: You need 500+ kills and 70+ mods tomorrow. Nefertiti (1-2) Deadeye (8-9) (Deadeye ending unlocked) (requires 280+ total weapon levels) 24: You need 1000+ kills tomorrow. Nefertiti (2-3) (requires 500+ kills) Tessa (8-9) (Tessa ending unlocked) (requires 70+ mods) 25: You need 1500+ kills tomorrow. Mare (7-8) Nefertiti (3-4) (requires 1000+ kills) 26: You need 2000+ kills tomorrow. Nefertiti (4-5) (requires 1500+ kills) Swig (8-9) (Swig ending unlocked) 27: You need 2500+ kills tomorrow. Nefertiti (5-6) (requires 2000+ kills) 28: You need 3000+ kills tomorrow. Nefertiti (6-7) (requires 2500+ kills) 29: You need 3500+ kills and 350,000+ cash tomorrow. Mare (8-9) (Mare ending unlocked) Nefertiti (7-8) (requires 3000+ kills) 30: Nefertiti (8-9) (Nefertiti ending unlocked) (requires 3500+ total kills) Johnny (8-9) (requires 350,000+ cash) P.S. The "pinkhair" you mentioned is Tessa, isn't she?

Flag Post

I notice I am allowed to start a new game plus at any point now. I am trying to gain the one ending i could not before and that with no dieing, If I die, is it smart to restart with a new game plus, or am i looking at giving me a harder time.

Flag Post

I followed the guide but Nefertiti still refuses to show up in the cafe. Am I suppose to have 500+ kills and 70 + mods BEFORE the 23rd day or can I make up for it by redo a stage over and over again on the 23rd day?

Flag Post
Originally posted by wandering_soul:

I followed the guide but Nefertiti still refuses to show up in the cafe. Am I suppose to have 500+ kills and 70 + mods BEFORE the 23rd day or can I make up for it by redo a stage over and over again on the 23rd day?

Yes, you can.

Flag Post

Ok this might be a stupid question but can Nefertiti and the special ending be unlocked only on Kongregate or will any other site do?
Thanks

Flag Post

they can be unlocked on any site lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by Crudus:
Originally posted by MrRubix:

If you’re cheating, the game will prevent you from seeing any other endings.

There was also a NG+ bug that also nuked the other endings but I think the dev has since fixed that error.

What does the game consider cheating?

Screwing with stats, messing around with your save file, etc.

Flag Post

Best flash game I played in a Long time, story wise. I voted for Mares ending. Hot bounter chick as wife(check). 2 kids that could be used as characters in sequel (check.). BadA$$ new ship(check.).

Flag Post

Is there a way to get the cheating achievement without actually cheating? Because I’d like to get all the achievements, but I don’t want to go downloading some suspicious program to get an achievement for cheating, also that might be too tempting with some badges I have trouble with on other games (Why do I hope that meatboy won’t come back to life every time he jumps into a wall of spikes/salt/missiles? And for that matter why does he need to bone the bandaid chick when he’s immortal and doesn’t need to pass on his genes to ensure his races survival, and he probably doesn’t feel any pleasure from it considering he’s a pile of meat without sensors in his… “skin” can I call it that?).

Flag Post

sucks how you can get hard badge without medium badge

Flag Post
Originally posted by tommy200401:
P.S. The “pinkhair” you mentioned is Tessa, isn’t she?

No, it’s Kitsune. Do u know any other pinkhairs in Starwish than tessa?

Originally posted by Darkmoone1:

Best flash game I played in a Long time, story wise. I voted for Mares ending. Hot bounter chick as wife(check). 2 kids that could be used as characters in sequel (check.). BadA$$ new ship(check.).

I did not like this ending much. Deuce always Rivaled Mare, and he didn’t like him much and suddenly everything changes only because Mare is a girl. Still better than Nefi or Dedai.

Flag Post

I keep seeing people post about voting for which ending is cannon but where do they vote exactly?