Should I upload my game to Kongregate and what should I do to improve?

14 posts

Flag Post

http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brutalinsulter6te4.swf

WARNING IT’S EXTREMELY VULGAR AND HAS SEVERAL MISSPELLINGS

Right now it’s very simple with over a quintillion different combos, but I got a few ideas I want to incorporate into it, like:
*a sound clip for each word
*BGM

But I have to get a mic first. It might be over simple and not much of a game, but I feel that it can take the stress off loosing at other games. Right now, I have to put off my TD shooter game because I am at a standstill.

Any other ideas or is this game to vulgar for Kongregate? Should I make it more interactive?

I could possibly make a cussing game out of it…

(I found the edit button. Sorry for the double post.)

Flag Post

Oh, since I can’t edit my post I’m forced to double post so sorry, but to play, just click on “brutal insulter”.

Flag Post

You should be able to edit your post.

And yeah, I dont think this has any place on Kongregate.

Flag Post

This is horrible. I hope you don’t live with your mom, if you do, don’t show her this. Don’t ever upload that senseless vulgar idiocy onto this fine website.

Flag Post

Mm. You got it right, there, Tiva. Definitely much too vulgar for Kong. Plus, I wouldn’t necessarily call it a game, so much as it is a tool to create…well…vulgar insults. laughs While it certainly would attract a decent amount of fan base if you did add sound/extra interactivity, I don’t think it would ever pass around here. Other sites, however, would have no problem showing such vulgarity, so check it out. It couldn’t hurt.

Flag Post

Plus, teaching people how to dish out extremely vulgar insults is not a very decent way to spend your time ;)

Flag Post

Alright thank you everybody. I just wanted to run it by the forums before I just uploaded it. But, correct me if I’m wrong, I do believe this is the most vulgar game/tool ever. Well I am working on sounds. So even if I did turn it into a game more then a tool, it’s still AO?

Flag Post

AO? What do you mean by that? XD

And yeah, it’s not a problem. ^^ ’tis better you checked in, first, to gauge public reaction, right?

Flag Post

Adults only. Any game that gets that rating, like Manhunt 2, is pretty much doomed. Alright, glad I did. Boy did I upset a few people, lol. But what if I made it into a card game or something?

Flag Post

I wouldnt plan on uploading anything like that, game or not. What you should do is take a look at a lot of the games that have high ratings; that will give you a good idea of what belongs here.

Flag Post

Ach…well, yeah. Probably AO, then. I wouldn’t call it doomed, though…Ebaums folk go crazy over things like that. If you make it a little more presentable, I’m sure some people there would enjoy it a lot. It just doesn’t really belong here, I don’t think.

Upset a few people? I really don’t think Arcane or Henry were upset…I certainly am not. laughs

But hm…a card game? To be honest, I don’t think that’d be all that great. I don’t know how you could put the two together to create something worthwhile…no, I think what’s best is to just make what you have now presentable, then upload it somewhere else. At least that way your work won’t go to waste. ^^

Flag Post

I don’t have a honest idea how I would do it either; just throwing out ideas. Alright thanks everybody, I’ll beef it up a bit and submit it somewhere else. I’ll think of something cool.

Flag Post

Plus, teaching people how to dish out extremely vulgar insults is not a very decent way to spend your time ;)

Johnny Rocketfingers 2 FTW.

Upload it into NG. They allow it as long as you state mild language.

Flag Post

If your question is: is it appropriate to Kong? I don’t think so, and the guidelines for uploading games states this clearly (as this game is in fact, “obscene”, at least to the general standards of the community). Right now, I don’t think it can be considered as a game, it’s more of a “tool” or a “web application”, lol.

Personally, I smiled at some of the random sentences generated. I don’t think you’re the first one to do this, but it’s still slightly funny. Maybe make a web page out of it, post it on some content aggregate sites, and see how popular you can get. Depending on how you execute this process, you can potentially get a ton of page views, albeit it’ll probably die down after a few weeks after the novelty wears off.

Take this web page as an example: http://www.tdbspecialprojects.com/, it’s an idea generator that constructs random sentences that’s currently featured in Digg’s Technology > Design section. It’s got like 1800+ Diggs which means it’s fairly popular.