How To Make A Game With Flash

9 posts

Flag Post

Here, I will demonstrate how to make a great game in Flash, using steps. I really hope you enjoy my guide, and thanks in advance for reading it. I’m also going to add the best way to get money from it. Once again, thanks.

1st: Buy Flash CS3. You require it to make games. It is a must for the Kongregate game developer.

2nd: Take some coding lessons! I recommend reading The Essential AS3 by Colin Moock, as it is very helpful and is also the only book made for AS3. It also helps to know OOP.

3rd: Experiment! Mess around making tests and drawing and whatnot. Have fun!

4th: Plan out your game, choose a sponsor (I recommend Kongregate… I will soon be contacting them for my games), and do some sketches.

5th: Get out and code your game. Do all the art, or hire an artist if necessary. Just do it.

6th: Install MochiAds! That could really bring in a lot of money and all.

7th: Hire some testers. Any game could have a nasty little bug here ’n there. Be sure to make sure all of ’em have been taken out.

8th: Hit “Upload”. Oh yes… the moment of truth. Hit “Upload” and let your dreams come true!

9th: Listen. Most developers skip this one. Listen to the user’s and find out what could make the game improve.

That’s it. I really hope you liked the guide. Bye.

-Retron

Flag Post

Well, Retron. I can’t say it’s the most instant guide, but it does get to the point.

Flag Post

Yeah, It’s late, and I wasn’t gonna write a damn 100 page manual explaining everything, I just wrote down some handy techniques.

Flag Post

Those techniques are no more “handy” than when I watch pr0n.

Flag Post

Aww…Dazzer, that joke was in bad taste. xO laughs But hey Retron. While your guide really does give a general idea of what you need to do…you should give some examples.

…or…you can add to this thread.

Flag Post

>The Essential AS3 by Colin Moock, as it is very helpful and is also the only book made for AS3. It also helps to know OOP.

I’d like to use AS1/AS2 because Kongregate’s API doesn’t support AS3.

And you forget one thing : Sign up on Paypal to make the money payment easily.

(This is optional. XD)

Flag Post

Ok Thanks for the the guide retron! You can also get flash tutorials at newgrounds.com! I will use that advicde when I get enough money!

Flag Post

Ok Thanks for the the guide retron! You can also get flash tutorials at newgrounds.com! I will use that advicde when I get enough money!

Flag Post

Whoa whoa – Kong API doesn’t support AS3? You can’t be serious. Yo, Arcane. Can you verify this?

Considering Arcane was arguing for the various benefits and improvements that came with AS3 in the programming forum, I seriously doubt this is true.