Caravaneer Badge

15 posts

Flag Post

Dear Greg,
please make an impossible caravaneer badge! The game is far too addicting to stop playing after the first badge, but it feels like a waste to play it otherwise.
-Wo1ke

Flag Post

a waste! How can you, if you consider the game so fun, also consider it a waste to play?

Flag Post

he meant its a waste to play it after you get the badge, since you dont get anything from playing it.

Flag Post

Yup, thanks DeadlyMan! I guess I wasn’t quite clear with that. >.<

Flag Post

Yup, thanks DeadlyMan! I guess I wasn’t quite clear with that. >.<
Oopps, double click.

Flag Post

The badges don’t give you anything either.

Flag Post

it gives only 15 points that is pretty hard game and they want to get 10,000 money what a hell they need hard to get 10,000 there we are wasting time on it it must be 1,000 money to get badge it terrible to get 10,000

Flag Post

I like getting badges, It’s entertaining and fun.
So, I wouldn’t mind another badge to try and collect.

Flag Post

Caravaneer deserves a hard and an impossible badget!!!

Flag Post

Do you want to do 10,000? … or better buy one of those hummies to ride around the cities … and defeat the robbers, destroy the missiles and so on … then you must TRADE. Shoes, alcohol, gold … everything counts … ! I love Caravaneer … !!!

Flag Post

10000 is pathetically easy, it’s like 1 trip on the 1st suggested caravan. Hard and impossible badges would rule!

Flag Post

I hate caravaneer….that game is not for me…. it is hard..and needs a bit thinking…but i got the badge :)

Flag Post

Kills and wealth are the only two stats reported in that game. People give me a lot of elaborate badge suggestions for Caravaneer without understanding that I can only make them involving those two stats.

Caravaneer is a great game, but it’s so text-heavy and complicated in the beginning that I think a lot of new players are turned off. Really, the badge isn’t for getting 10,000: It’s just for learning how to play the game, then getting started. And that was really my whole goal with the badge, just giving people some encouragement to read through the tutorial and not immediately close the game when their eyes glaze over the brown-on-brown graphics.

So if I were to make another badge, what would it be? I could do “kills,” but that’s an “add” stat, meaning that if I were to make an “impossible” badge requiring 10,000 kills, people would have to spend 100 hours patrolling the starting city and farming bandits.

If I required $10,000,000, I run into the same problem. You can just patrol the starting area over and over to rack up more money, as I understand it. I’d love to do a badge where it’s required that you attain a set level of power or reach a certain point in the story, but the game just doesn’t report those stats, and I’m honestly not even sure if it’s possible for the developer to do so.

So my advice is just to enjoy the game for what it is, even if you got the badge within the first 15 minutes of playing.

Flag Post

Too bad you could’nt give a badge for completing the missions, not too many people know that they exist in the game.

Flag Post

Is it possible to scan gameprogress in the save-games? Like how far along you come with various storylines?
If not, I guess it’d still be impossible to require like $10,000,000 for an impossible badge, but I do see your point about it being a bit excessive. Though, in order to get that kind of money, you probably do need to finish at least some of the story, so it would still be interesting.