DTD 10,000

12 posts

Flag Post

Help! I can’t seem to get past about level 84. If I build the beginning of my maze really strong, I don’t have enough swarm towers to kill the flyers (and I can’t kill the later ones with sqirts). If I spend all my money upgrading the swarms, I don’t have enough firepower to kill the late rounds of other creeps.

If I build a maze I can juggle, I HAVE to start juggling earlier since all my firepower is split between juggling arms. Then I’m selling too many and selling takes too long at later stages to work.

Anyone got a screen shot of a maze that works?

TIA

Flag Post

I think your problem is that dart towers don’t hurt flying things… Unless you’re talking about swarm towers…

Flag Post

Yep – sorry – that’s what happens when you post while playing.

Everywhere I said dart I meant swarm.

Fixed, thanks

Flag Post

Just put one fully upgraded Bash tower at the crossing point of the maze when juggling and juggle a lot. Use everything else for anti-air. Remember that Boost towers can save you money by using some of them instead of Swarm towers.

And Juggle.
A lot.

Flag Post

I think the best way to handle those flyers is creating 9×9 swarms tower in the middle and give 1 max boost tower on it.
And keep juggling.

Flag Post

I think the best way to handle those flyers is creating 9×9 swarms tower in the middle and give 1 max boost tower on it. And keep juggling.

This is what I thought at first too, but it seems more cost-effective to build more boost towers than just one, even if they don’t hit as many towers. As long as they’re boosting at least 2 towers (yeah, only 2), boost towers are pretty effective because they basically add at least a whole extra swarm tower at a fraction of the cost.

Flag Post

greg: That’s sort of true, but only if you upgrade the swarmtowers to the maximum level. However: the last upgrade is not always cost effective, since the main thing it adds seems to be splash damage but very little extra damage. To handle flyers the snap towers can be good, since they can stun the flyers for a few seconds. To handle the late-stage flying bosses you can stun them when they are on top of eachother to make the splash work wonders.

Flag Post

“To handle flyers the snap towers can be good, since they can stun the flyers for a few seconds. To handle the late-stage flying bosses you can stun them when they are on top of eachother to make the splash work wonders.”

Okay – what is a snap tower? I didn’t know you could stun the flyers. I think I need this.

I can get to level 98 now, but still can’t get past that.

Flag Post

Okay, I see the snap tower. I’ve tried it before on groud units and it seems to miss them completely. I’ll try it on the air towers.
Meanwhile, if I build a large anough group of swarms in the center, I can’t build a long enough maze to juggle effectively. And it seems like I just kill off the middle of the line of creeps, but there’s nothing to kill the creeps on each end, so I have less and less time to do the juggling before someone escapes. And if I only use 1 bash tower, it takes forever to kill anyone. I’ve been using 3 with boost towers between, but it’s still barely enough to take care of the ground creeps. I’ve got creeps passing them all 10 times before they die. And it leaves me a little short on cash for the swarms and their boosts.
Anyone got a screen shot of something effective?

Flag Post

Finally got it! Only 2 spare lives, but I’ll take it. GD I never want to see that game again. I think I’ve played 5 hours a day trying to beat that same challenge. I hear the creeps splatting in my sleep.
Thanks, all, for your help!

Flag Post

After several months of trying I finally got the badge for 12,000 points. My main issue is that there is noone at home or work that I can boast to!

Cheers All,
Ross

Flag Post

i can beat it,but it is too long!