Who do you think is gaming's most underated games that are actually awesome,and deserve to be well known?

65 posts

Flag Post

Basically which games do you think should get well known? My opinion is the Mother/EarthBound games. Agree with me. That series is one of the greatest RPG series of all time. The only problem is copyright issues, and the original creators of the games not wanting to remove some of the content that could get Nintendo butt sued. Including that the series original creator has already retired from the gaming industry. Dang. So, what’s your opinion?

Flag Post

Most of the lesser known Working Designs games. Especially Vanguard Bandits, which is amazing.

Flag Post

Xenosaga 1-3. Less so on #2.

Knights in the Nightmare. I’m willing to bet that ALOT of people passed over these games.

Flag Post

Europa Universalis III

Though of course the reason it’s not well known is because it’s incredibly niche; I doubt very many people here would like it at all.

Flag Post

@Mavyrk I bet that all of Working Designs games are awesome, including Vanguard Bandits.
@AnemoneMeer I’ve kinda heard of the Xenosaga, because one of the games the original creators made, Xenogear, or Xenoblade(correct me if I’m wrong on the name), is an referance to the Xenosaga.
@HappyYay I think it’s kinda interesting to control your own French Army All the way up to the French War.

Flag Post

Probably going to sound like a broken record but… I would have to say Killer7 deserves to be more widely known than it is. I don’t really think it could ever gain mass appeal due to the unusual gameplay and having a story that is more than just “Killing Iraqis: The Game” but I do believe that more people should at least know about it.

Flag Post

I agree about Earthbound. Also Soul Blazer/Illusion of Gaia/Terranigma. I don’t even think those were released anywhere but Japan and Europe. (At least that’s true of Terranigma.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by seventhdeep:

I agree about Earthbound. Also Soul Blazer/Illusion of Gaia/Terranigma. I don’t even think those were released anywhere but Japan and Europe. (At least that’s true of Terranigma.)

The first two were released everywhere, Terranigma was only not released in America.

Flag Post

Either way, not as well known as they deserve to be.

Flag Post

Beyond the Beyond for the PS1 comes to mind. Not many people I’ve talked to have heard of it, and the few that have seem to hate it for some reason.

Earthbound

That’s not underrated.

Flag Post

Earthbound is not underrated in any kind of way.

If anything, it’s getting too much attention.

Flag Post

Ico.

edit: Also Psychonauts, after thinking about it.

Flag Post

Earthbound is a bit overrated.

Mother 3 is more underrated.

Flag Post

The Spirit Engine 2

Flag Post

The entire shining series

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arturotimara:

The entire shining series

yes. yes.

shining force 2 as the best rpg ever!

Flag Post

The Unholy War
Probably one of my favourite games when I was a kid, though I never got to actually own it, unfortunately.

Flag Post

If the shining series counts then I one up the choice with FEDA Emblem of Justice.

Flag Post

The Splinter Cell series is well known but I think it is underrated.

Flag Post

Silent Storm, one of the best turn-based strategies I ever played. Oh and James Bond: From Russia With Love, the best shooter I ever played, shame it’s kinda short, but at least the multiplayer has armored cars ‘n’ shiz.

Flag Post

Brutal Legend. It seems many people know nothing about it :(
But on kongregate, one of the most underrated games is Thousand Dollar Soul

Flag Post
Originally posted by jshanholtz:

The Splinter Cell series is well known but I think it is underrated.

YES! This september Splinter Cell classic trilogy HD is coming to playstation 3! I love Splinter Cell!

Flag Post

http://www.frozensynapse.com/

soooo good

Flag Post

XIII. Cel-shaded goodness and violence with comics telling the story between levels.

Flag Post

Galactic Civilizations 2, not sure how many people know of it, but I think not many do. Awesome game though.