Who do you think is gaming's most underated games that are actually awesome,and deserve to be well known? page 3

65 posts

Flag Post

Warcraft. Because those MMO nerds made Blizzard overshadow any good aspect of Warcraft by creating that lame WoW.

Flag Post

Psychonauts & Dark Cloud 1 & 2.

Flag Post

I couldn’t call WarCraft “underrated”, but World of WarCraft has definitely stolen its thunder.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SuperCaliFragil:

EDIT:ok psychonauts isn’t under rated but it isn’t very well known.

Flag Post

Tecmo Secret Of The Stars.

Flag Post
Originally posted by KlinH4xx0r:

XIII. Cel-shaded goodness and violence with comics telling the story between levels.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone talking about this great game before, god… I need to buy this game again, shame on me for ever getting rid of it.

Flag Post

this game was very poorly recieved, got bad ratings from most places that i looked at, but i picked it up at gamestop for like $5 a few years back. i just had shoulder surgery and needed sometimes to pass the time while i was bed-ridden.(played this and steambot chronicles)

this game is a hidden gem. my only fault with the game is the battle system is a little bit meh, but thankfully battles dont take too long for most of the game.

i would recommend ephermeral fantasia to anyone who likes adventure/rpgs. its one game where i feel that using strategy guides lowers the enjoyment level even more than using a guide normally would. i did almost the entire game without a guide(i got lost in one bit near end game) and it took a lot of exploring to progress. if you play it, do try to not use a guide or else imo all the fun of the game is lost. this game is about exploration with a decent story.

Flag Post

Jinx and 40 Winks.

Jinx is almost completely unknown, but probably the greatest puzzle-platformer I’ve ever played. Even though it looks pretty linear there’s a lot of things to do to gather all the crowns and many back-and-forth banjo-tooie-ish quests.

40 Winks actually got on PSN about two years ago for PAL, however the reviews seems to be average. When I played it as a kid it was the scariest shit I’ve ever been through, and it was a pretty original and very fun platformer. Might have been more fit for N64 for its style, but that was disappointingly canceled.

EDIT:ok psychonauts isn’t under rated but it isn’t very well known.

Dark Cloud is definitely not underrated either. It is fairly known and highly rated.

Flag Post

For me it’s the Last Remnant by Square Enix

The characters aren’t catchy, but the story and gameplay are excellent.
Too bad it’s not really known by all :(

Flag Post

Well of Souls

Shining Soul 1/2

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Flag Post

This may be a bit of a necro, but what the heck.
I’d say Supreme Commander.
That game, and SP: Forged Alliance were great games.
Of course, they f**ked it all up with SP2.

Flag Post

I always wished Black & White was more popular. It seems so forgotten that people mistake it for the Pokémon game when I bring it up.

Flag Post

It seems like the Tales series is underrated. I’ve played through Tales of Vesperia and most of Tales of the Abyss and they are both excellent games.

Flag Post

Well, there are tons of games, that didn’t get the hype that they could have. Many of them, because they were clones (or even sequels) of a popular game, and all the fanboys refused to play a clone. One of them was Kid Chameleon for Sega Genesis. It was pretty much a clone of Super Mario, but with way better looking charakters (actually transformations of the same character) and with much better abilities and level design.

Other games that lived in the shadow of the original games are:

SNK fighting games
Puzzle Bobble
Final Fantasy 8

I guess that’s because some games are totally overhyped (like FF7 or Super Mario) and no matter how hard other developers try to make a better game and break the hype, the fanboys will never accept another game to be better. But trying to achieve the impossible causes those underrated games to become technically much better.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LizzyH123:

It seems like the Tales series is underrated. I’ve played through Tales of Vesperia and most of Tales of the Abyss and they are both excellent games.