MineCraft Vs. Terraria

203 posts

Flag Post

This is a Poll the two games. Please tell me what you, the people (not trolls Because they have no rights) think of Minecraft and Terraria and which game is better.

Flag Post

Minecraft is better because it has an extra dimension.

Also, Minecraft is better because Terraria is a RIPOFF of Minecraft

Flag Post
Originally posted by My_Pale_Rex:

man,i dont know what to say
That is wrong beyond levels

Flag Post
Originally posted by tinkid2:

man,i dont know what to say
That is wrong beyond levels

Welcome to the internet.

Mafefe supporting Minecraft? The fuck?

Originally posted by Ryu_Ninja:

This is a Poll the two games. Please tell me what you, the people (not trolls Because they have no rights) think of Minecraft and Terraria and which game is better.

They’re pretty different games, and both have their pros. I’d go with Minecraft due to personal preference though.

Flag Post

Minecraft is more fun in SMP and I just find it a lot more fun to build in a first person view.

Also 1.8 will bring a lot more adventure to it so I’ll definitely go with Minecraft.

Flag Post

Minecraft
/thread

Flag Post

Well, It depends on what you like, Minecraft is more Sandbox, But less RPG, Terraria has more RPG elements, But not that big of a sandbox.. I personally like Terraria Better, Just because of the Eater of Worlds..

Flag Post

really depends on who’s talking.

by the way, the trolls will come. there is no stopping them.

Flag Post

Minecraft

Flag Post

Terraria is better. There is a game, not a sandbox, there is more blocks, water physics, rare items, better multiplayer, and bosses.

Flag Post

I think article on IGN sums up my opinion on the two pretty well http://pc.ign.com/articles/117/1179546p1.html

Terraria is a better “game”, as in it has more emphasis on combat and exploration. Minecraft is more a sandbox and creative. Although the presence of mobs in Minecraft pose somewhat of a fight, it is too easy to make a 3×3 box and wait out the night, defeating any challenge. Terraria on the other hand is similar, but with the Blood Moon feature, one needs to acquire the weapons and armor beforehand.
I do enjoy Minecraft more though, SMP is great. and with the new adventure update, hopefully the game will pick up on what it’s been lagging behind on.

Flag Post

This is like comparing fallout and fable because they’re both RPGs. There are many distinct differences in the game.

That said, I now prefer Terraria because Notch is a lazy fatass.

Flag Post
Originally posted by googoolyeye:

I think article on IGN sums up my opinion on the two pretty well http://pc.ign.com/articles/117/1179546p1.html

Terraria is a better “game”, as in it has more emphasis on combat and exploration. Minecraft is more a sandbox and creative. Although the presence of mobs in Minecraft pose somewhat of a fight, it is too easy to make a 3×3 box and wait out the night, defeating any challenge. Terraria on the other hand is similar, but with the Blood Moon feature, one needs to acquire the weapons and armor beforehand.
I do enjoy Minecraft more though, SMP is great. and with the new adventure update, hopefully the game will pick up on what it’s been lagging behind on.

Are you joking? All you have to do during a Blood Moon is block the doors with blocks. Barely any extra challenge.

Also, if you’re placing so much emphasis on combat difficulty, you must remember that on Terraria you can see everywhere around you, where on Minecraft you can only see what is directly in front of you. This makes a huge difference when scouring and large cavern for resources.

Not to mention the 3D nature of Minecraft gives enemies 2 extra directions to kill you from.

Flag Post

I like Terraria better. The game styles are very different and both are good for their styles, but Terraria seems much more polished and poses more of a challenge. For example, Terraria has more general items, has bosses and special events, gems, accessories, and weapons other than swords. Minecraft has the major advantage of being able to be modded, but I still personally like Terraria better.

Flag Post

Minecraft. I haven’t played terraria so of course I would choose minecraft.

Flag Post

Minecraft. Although it is a little simpler, Terriaria is only 2 demensions. Also, Terriaria is too much like an RPG. Weapons, Treasure, Drops like coins, to confusing. Also, minecraft has better multiplayer. Also, the mods are great. I am playing minecraft, just started about an hour or 2 ago, I found diamond! I know a lot about minecraft, I watch a lot of videos from it. Minecraft is better in some aspects (I would say most, but that might insult terraria members) like exploration, and simplicity. Terraria is more of an RPG (not to say that I don’t like RPGs)

Flag Post

Lately I’ve been switching between both the games with friends and I’m definitely with the people who say they’re both different but similar. I think I enjoy building stuff more in Minecraft, maybe it’s a bit more extensive, but it’s been around longer for sure. Terraria I probably enjoy more screwing around with the tons of different weapons and equipment exploring in general. Bit more toward Terraria, but while people think it’s a rip off, I find Terraria to be a bit more fun. Plus there are a lot more enemies in Terraria thinking about it now, the creepers in Minecraft though always can be annoying as hell =P

Flag Post

minecraft, why?
Terraria hasn’t been out for that long, it’s a great game and it’s in a old school rpg style wich i love but it’s just to joung, maybe in a year…
and people it isn’t a rip off, it’s in the same genre, total miner is a rip off, not this

Flag Post

I think I enjoy Minecraft more, as there are multiple modes, a free-build, a find-it-and-build-it, and a multiplayer. I like the way that in Minecraft you can build in 3-D, while in Terriaria you can only build in 1 dimension. I like all the different mods for Minecraft, as they enhance gameplay a lot. The only 1 thing I don’t like about Minecraft is that there is no real goal, but some people might think that is a good thing.

Flag Post

Notch himself said that Terraria was a great game.

Flag Post

Terraria.

Minecraft is not a game yet. It’s VIRTUAL LEGO. WITH GRINDING.
I’m not saying it doesn’t do a damn good job at it, but still.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CrownWith8Jewels:

Notch himself said that Terraria was a great game.

because obviously if a game creator likes a game the didn’t make, it means that the game is better than anything they made, right?

cool logic, bro

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jon010:

Terraria.

Minecraft is not a game yet. It’s VIRTUAL LEGO. WITH GRINDING.
I’m not saying it doesn’t do a damn good job at it, but still.

>minecraft is virtual Lego with grinding

then what is terraria?

Flag Post

They just announced everyone who buys Humble Indie Bundle #3 at http://www.humblebundle.com/ can play Minecraft for free until August 14th! The bundle includes Crayon Physics Deluxe and VVVVVV and 3 other games, and you can pay whatever you want for the bundle! Just be generous.

Flag Post

Minecraft , Terraria is a ripoff of minecraft