MineCraft Vs. Terraria page 4

204 posts

Flag Post

they’re stopping terraria development

Flag Post

ok terra add’s a LOT to minecraft… and really they aren’t even the same. they did not steal much from minecraft as its in 2d… its a HUGE difference… even if they DID steal from them they changed SO MUCH. its in 2d instead of 3d there are differences!!

It’s exactly what I stated… are you capable of reading?

im not saying that it is a problem im just stating a fact!

If it’s not relevant, why state it? It’s like if in the middle of my Minecraft-pro rant I stated “I have also noticed taht Minecraft starts with an M, AND TERRARIA DOESN’T!!!”

when did i say that being a game is better than being a sand box?

In the middle of a pro-Terraria rant you noted those differences – which can only mean it’s yet another argument in favor of Terraria and against Minecraft.

SOMEONE TAKES THINGS TOO SERIOUSLY

Flag Post
Originally posted by macaw5:

I find it funny how everyone believes that if a game has mining in it, and crafting, it’s an instant ripoff of minecraft. Minecraft wasn’t even the first that did mining in a game. Does that mean minecraft is a ripoff? (HINT: the answer starts with “N” and ends with “O”) they are immensely different games if you actually think about it. Of course, the pea-brained extreme (not all of them, just a select few) minecraft freaks will still adamantly refuse that another game can have mining and crafting, I don’t really play either game. So get over it and just respect games for what they are.

i feel ya… its really annoying. i love minecraft but i feel like others can use it. imagen if another game like minecraft came out and it was 3d… god i cant even imagen…

Flag Post

If terraria is 2-d…then WHY does a thread comparing it to minecraft (3-dimensional) even exist?….
if terraria is 2-d, you can’t make a menger sponge, and you can’t make anything remotely resembling a redstone computer within it.

a redstone computer within a game within a virtual machine (java) on a virtual pc (:P) on windows code running on an actual windows… :D
Horrible clock speed, but awesome concept.

Flag Post

there are no original ideas anymore in gaming, because devs are too scared to try something new when they know gamers are content with what they got.

just look at dear esther. any legit reviewer who gave that game higher than a 3/10 should be instantly fired from their job. it was for some reason a popular..art project.

minecraft uses so much of what previous games had, but it was made to be better than them. that is called a successful business strategy. its foolish to try to make new ideas, you are better off stealing other peoples ideas and making it your own. this is a fact, many very successful people will tell you this.

Flag Post

Please dont compare these two games. The only thing the same in them is the fact you can build. Does this mean sims is a ripoff of minecraft?

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

there are no original ideas anymore in gaming, because devs are too scared to try something new when they know gamers are content with what they got.

just look at dear esther. any legit reviewer who gave that game higher than a 3/10 should be instantly fired from their job. it was for some reason a popular..art project.

minecraft uses so much of what previous games had, but it was made to be better than them. that is called a successful business strategy. its foolish to try to make new ideas, you are better off stealing other peoples ideas and making it your own. this is a fact, many very successful people will tell you this.

EVERY GAME IS A RIP OFF OF ANOTHER GAME >.< read my post on the last page…

Flag Post

I think, in comparison to Terraria, Minecraft has almost nothing. So Terraria’s better. I don’t care about 3d or 2d.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Toranado:

I think, in comparison to Terraria, Minecraft has almost nothing. So Terraria’s better. I don’t care about 3d or 2d.

a tl: dr response may be found at the end of my post.

On to the details.
Minecraft actually has a TON of stuff on terraria….

For starters, you can build 3-d fractals like menger sponges.

Second, the naturally generated caves double as mazes, which cannot, in general, be navigated by the right hand
rule (or left hand rule). 2-d mazes can always be entered+exited by sticking to such a rule, as long as portals are disallowed.

Third, terrain: have you ever seen the extreme hills zone, or the minecraft nether, or “the end”?

My absoulute favorite: minecraft is a turing machine (eg, you can build a computer inside of minecraft. Granted, any computer built within minecraft will have a horrendous clockspeed…but a redstone computer just seems cooler than a computer built in conway’s game of life. Doesn’t mean I’ll make one, but the fact that I could is awesome.

…I’m sure terraria is a decent game. There are just some things that it simply cannot do, no matter how good it is/becomes…because it’s 2-d.

tl: dr: 2-d or 3-d DOES MATTER!. That said, it’s not so much a case of “3-d is better”-it’s just that 3-d instantly gives you things that no 2-d game can acheive, while potentially detracting from actual content.

Flag Post

tetarria is better

Flag Post

Minecraft, definatly.

Flag Post

Terraria=Adventure
Minecraft=Building

Building=Boring
Adventure=Fun

And also Terraria is cheaper.

Terraria>Minecraft

Flag Post

Except that the adventure and exploring in Minecraft are far superior to those of Terraria, and the building part is extremely satisfying (and optional, if you disagree) since you gathered your own resources and there are RPG elements that don’t make building your house simply an esthetic-seeking labor, since it becomes more of a headquarters striving for awesomeness.
Not to mention 3D.

Flag Post

minecraft is way better than terraria terraria is a copy so as brick force and minecraft has texture packs and mods and
the nether and slip best cod texture packsssss minecraft rocks

Flag Post

Minecraft is also a copy.

Flag Post

I think TERRARIA IS BETTER because terraria has more things to do then in minecraft: All you do is kill the ender dragon and look for dimonds. While in terraria you have SOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY more things to do then in minecraft. (I think terraria is better) SHADOW ARMOR FOR THE WINN!

Flag Post

Totally minecraft. Minecraft is more popular, more famous and BETTER.

Flag Post

Minecraft. I like being creative.

Flag Post
Originally posted by slasher:

Yogscast. Checkmate.

ITT: Minecraft.

Flag Post

Minecraft is better cause of all the things you can craft, also because the view looks more realistic…

Look at this, Minecraft even has a 3-D mode along with some other cool features, Terraria has that too.
But, Minecraft is BETTER because alot more people play it, plus it’s less complicated than terraria.
Minecraft has interesting monsters too, including creepers!

And that’s why Minecraft is better!

Flag Post

The games are pretty much equal though, Minecraft is a little better because of all the expansions to building…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolando12e:

Minecraft is better cause of all the things you can craft, also because the view looks more realistic…

Look at this, Minecraft even has a 3-D mode along with some other cool features, Terraria has that too.
But, Minecraft is BETTER because alot more people play it, plus it’s less complicated than terraria.
Minecraft has interesting monsters too, including creepers!

And that’s why Minecraft is better!

…What? i think you ment to put the terra has it to somewhere else… Terreria does NOT have 3d, (however it does have crafting)
and also terra has a lot more interesting monsters, it has around 6 bosses, and it has more of anything gameplay wise than minecraft.

Flag Post
Originally posted by elldog:

I really don’t get why everyone fights over this, I play both regularly and I love them both.

Yeah, exactly! I totally agree.

Flag Post

i like minecraft by creeper hugz :3
and terraria by boss torture

Flag Post

This thread is
POINTLESS
i mean really its like comparing Fable to fallout and Halo to CoD
THERE ALL GREAT GAMES
and for those of you who think terraria is a rip-off of minecraft how about this:
MINECRAFT IS A RIP-Off of other games too herp derp
(although i like terraria better because you can do more things you can BUILD the same amount of things as minecraft and theres more adventure)
capiche?