MineCraft Vs. Terraria page 5

203 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by EPICLiLdEaTh:

This thread is
POINTLESS
i mean really its like comparing Fable to fallout and Halo to CoD
THERE ALL GREAT GAMES
and for those of you who think terraria is a rip-off of minecraft how about this:
MINECRAFT IS A RIP-Off of other games too herp derp
(although i like terraria better because you can do more things you can BUILD the same amount of things as minecraft and theres more adventure)
capiche?

We are comparing them just to show that great games also rip things off. i agree with you to!!

Flag Post

facepalm

Minecraft is a 3d sandbox adventure game.

Terrarria is a 2d rpg/adventure game.

Its stupid to compare the two.

Flag Post

3d and 2d. That’s it. That’s the only difference.

Flag Post

and why the hell should i pick terraria? minecraft has lots of creativity.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Redfin_802:

a rather large difference when it comes to a building game. immersion is huge.

Flag Post

Minecraft. DUHHH
Does anyone know how to download a skin from minershoes.com?

Flag Post

You can always compare games in terms of how much entertainment (fun) it gives to the player (which is the whole point of games), thus making Minecraft the winner by a mile, be it SSP or SMP, be it vanilla or modded.

Flag Post
Originally posted by minecraftfan479:

and why the hell should i pick terraria? minecraft has lots of creativity.

You can build whatever you want in Minecraft but it has mobs that i could kill in my sleep without even looking. On terraria there are multiple bosses and mobs that are actually a challenge.

It is just your personal preference. would you rather have easy mobs and more build-ability, or a challenge and bosses with unique items and weapons.

Seriously they are different in so many ways. If needing to build your house, get your own resources, and fight off mobs at night is copying minecraft there are mulitple games before it that ripped off notch. And its basics of snadbox action game.

Flag Post

I feel much more awesome when building something in Terraria than when building something in Minecraft.
I like Terraria more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seesine:

I feel much more awesome when building something in Terraria than when building something in Minecraft.
I like Terraria more.

Well too bad. All minecrafters…. ATTACK!!!!!

Flag Post

Both of them suck and are rip-offs of infiniminer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by My_Pale_Rex:

Minecraft is better because it has an extra dimension.

Also, Minecraft is better because Terraria is a RIPOFF of Minecraft

How is Terraria a ripoff of Minecraft?
On Minecraft you just build things and get bored of it after like 20 minutes of playing.
In Terraria there is a storyline (kind of) and you get items like a grapple hook, weird rocket boost shoe thingys.
So in my opinion i don’t think you have ever played Minecraft or Terraria… You seem to know nothing about the both of them except for the extra dimension in Minecraft.

Flag Post

Minecraft is the best, but Terraria is also good

Flag Post

Ok, lets get this straight. Terraria is in nooo way a rip off of Minecraft. Mincraft can’t even compare to 1 100000th of Terraria. Lets put it like this, Mincraft x 10 wouldn’t have as many items and awesome accessories as Terraria. Terraria is both a sandbox game AND rpg. The thought put into the enemies is outstanding! What do you think is better, a walking pickle with a face that blows up all of your hard work that you spent all of your time on, or a terrifying wall of flesh, that is in the underworld, so none of your work is ruined. Which one is scarier, the retarded pickle, Skeletron Prime?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jon010:

Terraria.

Minecraft is not a game yet. It’s VIRTUAL LEGO. WITH GRINDING.
I’m not saying it doesn’t do a damn good job at it, but still.

Minecraft is first off NOTHING like LEGOs, because LEGOs have studs and in Minecraft no. Anyway I’m Minecraft.

Flag Post

I like Minecraft a lot better. You can use amazing mods to add in tons of features =3

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

a rather large difference when it comes to a building game. immersion is huge.

If thats the only difference, then that’s why Minecraft has the bosses Skeletron Prime, Wall of Flesh, Goblin Army, and The Eater of Souls. Right. That’s also why Excalibur, Sun Fury and Lights Bane are weapons. That’s also why Minecraft has Demonite. oh, but 3d and 2d is the only difference. Sure.

Flag Post

minecraft is the best people will love it.terraria is a copy of minecraft.minecraft came out before but minecraft is the best

Flag Post

I personally don’t think that these games are alike in many ways. Yes you can build blocks on both games, but in all honesty, I would probably buy both games as they are two very different experiences to enjoy. Terraria is not a “copy” of Minecraft in any way at all, it might have a few hearts splashed across the screen, but apart from that they don’t look alike or play alike for that matter. One way or another this is a “game vs game” thread, and if I had to pick I would say Minecraft as I prefer first person games to platformers. None the less they are both good games.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

i think that minecraft is better as far as building and customizing things but you can do much more things in terraria is like comparing Facebook to kongregate there different but both fun

Flag Post

You can build whatever you want in Minecraft but it has mobs that i could kill in my sleep without even looking. On terraria there are multiple bosses and mobs that are actually a challenge.

It is just your personal preference. would you rather have easy mobs and more build-ability, or a challenge and bosses with unique items and weapons.

Seriously they are different in so many ways. If needing to build your house, get your own resources, and fight off mobs at night is copying minecraft there are mulitple games before it that ripped off notch. And its basics of snadbox action game. originally posted byarchersdog51

actualy the new boss enderdragon has very complex movement patterns

Flag Post

All I can tell you guys is that I love Minecraft and dislike Terraria.

Flag Post

Lets be honest here, Terraria is a complete ripoff of minecraft. They made Terraria look unique with its 2d dimensions but in reality it’s the exact same as Minecraft just expressed differently. In my opinionm Minecraft is the best out of the two.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ABipolarCactus:

Lets be honest here, Terraria is a complete ripoff of minecraft. They made Terraria look unique with its 2d dimensions but in reality it’s the exact same as Minecraft just expressed differently. In my opinionm Minecraft is the best out of the two.

Similarities:
Building, mining, chopping trees, killing zombies, crafting, farming,
What other games have all that? Plenty. Even runescape >_<