MineCraft Vs. Terraria page 8

203 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:
Originally posted by Maowee:

This is still going? Lemme tell you…

I am a builder, I enjoy doing graphics and I prefer Terraria all the way, it has more challenge when comes to designing -yes! That’s not necessarily a bad thing, actually I like to have limits when creating, cause then I am forced to use my imagination some more, to make it exactly the way I want it.

Besides I tried to start playing minecraft the other day… it sucked so much I closed it down after 30 minutes – besides it’s not very fun when a creeper explodes all your buildings in which you spent hours to built – the worst that can happen in terraria is a goblin that smashes your door in, which you can easily pick up and place again, and also this can be prevented in multiple ways.

Minecraft devs. stopped caring about quality long time ago, and just made updates for the sake of updates.

Only downside with terraria is when entering hardmode and corruption/hallow spreads all over :(

And biosandy, the mobs are way cooler in terraria, and it also has mods, so you can’t really use that as an arguement for minecraft being better. Also LeeTLucas, realism doesn’t necessarily make a game better, I for instance like the retro-Mario-ish-style there is over Terraria :P

The only, ONLY reason Minecraft “could” get a win is for the 3D. Nothing else in-game is better.

terra has NO mods.
And Don’t say a game is bad just due to it being hard. As some people do enjoy the creepers.

Terraria is so boss, there is no need for mods. If minecraft was “Such a great game”, it should have been great without some other peoples creations. Hell, Notch couldn’t even develop enemies himself. One of them was a glitch, just like what the entire game is. A glitch. Yes, I play it alot on Xbox. It is a great game, but Terraria is just fo-show the winner here.

Flag Post

terra has NO mods.

Um, yes it does. It actually has quite a collection of mods. There’s not nearly many mods for Terraria as there are for Minecraft, but there are quite a few great mods for Terraria.

Flag Post

minecraft!case closed.

Flag Post

minecraft!case closed.

Flag Post

thumbs up if you think the should put MINERAFT!everybody who tumbs up is a friend of notch! NOT jeb!

Flag Post

never mind sry you cant thumbs up but if you like notch then pick minecraft plz

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I change my mind. Terraria is better.
(Sorry if this is counted as necroing)

Flag Post

Minecraft is mainly for creating and exploring, but adventuring is also good.

Terraria is mainly for adventuring and exploring, but creating is also good.

Case closed.

Flag Post

Terarya is a ripoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!™

Flag Post

Like Minecraft Hate terarya. Terarya Stinks. Minecraft Rocks

Flag Post

Terraria isn’t a rip-off, it’s just inspired by Minecraft. And if you so put it that way, Minecraft is a “rip-off” of Infinimer.

Flag Post

Both have the same theme, but minecraft has better replayability imo, tried to run a terraria server with a few friends and we got bored. Thing is: Terraria is very cool and all, but it’s not a building game or a mining game. It’s too poor in that aspect, but it’s a good grinding game.
Bad thing about grinding games though: They got no replayability. Beat the wall of flesh once, get all minerals and full equipment. You won’t want to do it again.

Flag Post

minecraft is better due to it just being plain awesome…BUT terraria is defianetly close. They both have there ups and downs.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rpgplayer0491:

Both have the same theme, but minecraft has better replayability imo, tried to run a terraria server with a few friends and we got bored. Thing is: Terraria is very cool and all, but it’s not a building game or a mining game. It’s too poor in that aspect, but it’s a good grinding game.
Bad thing about grinding games though: They got no replayability. Beat the wall of flesh once, get all minerals and full equipment. You won’t want to do it again.

Originally posted by Rayr6376:

minecraft is better due to it just being plain awesome…BUT terraria is defianetly close. They both have there ups and downs.

Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:

Minecraft is mainly for creating and exploring, but adventuring is also good.

Terraria is mainly for adventuring and exploring, but creating is also good.

Case closed.

There’s your answer. ;)

Flag Post

i think it’s funny how everyone says terraria is a ripoff of minecraft when in fact minecraft ripped off infiniminer
pwned

Flag Post

ANY GAME THAT INVOLVES MINING TO MAKE SHIT IS A COMPLETE RIPOFF K

Flag Post
Originally posted by taxirobot:

Terarya is a ripoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!™

no. the problem is, its like saying halo is a ripoff of CoD. because minecraft has mining, and terraria has mining.

JUST BECAUSE they both have some similar features does NOT mean the second game is a ripoff.
the thing is, people don’t think. they only see something and then act.

Flag Post

Im just curious… was minecraft the game that was made by two people in an attic, and was originally sold for $20 on netflix?

I just dont understand how you people can take the crap graphics of minecraft… a 3-D character with eyes two pixels wide, and swords look more like two staircases than anything else.
Actually, here is a list
>Terrible graphics. 3-D + Pixels = crap
>Expensive (Steam sold Terraria for $2.50 last year)
>Horrible enemy system—can you actually die?
>No bosses
>Crafting system, or w.e. you want to call it, sucks. Has anyone seen someone who DOESN’T have the best stuff?
>Practically runs on mods
>Nothing to do after you build. Oh wait, you could always build more stuff—and when you are done with that, why not build some more. :|

Originally posted by taxirobot:

Like Minecraft Hate terarya. Terarya Stinks. Minecraft Rocks

Like Terraria Hate mynecrapht. Mynecrapht Stinks. Terraria Rocks

/end Rudeness

Flag Post

Jesus so many people say that terraria is a rip off….Are you guys stupid? ONLY you guys THINK that itt’s a rip off. The creators never said that terraria ripped of minecraft they even said that itt is completly different games.
I actually like terraria waaaay better because itt’s is a lot more fun itt has more armor/weapons and lot’s of different cool stuff (for ex. wings ,rocket boots etc)
In Minecraft you can just calm down create cool buildings (even villages) (i am tallking about creative mod)
Adventure mod is fun to and all that cool stuff but after a while itt becomes boring as hell…

Terraria is a much much much better game itt has more content and bosses and a pretty cool mining system when you dig down more you are able to actually go down to hell..
And as i said before Notch and Andrew(creator of terraria i think that’s his name xD) said that terraria/minecraft is a good game itt is not a rip off .

THE END.

Flag Post

Let the fanboys hit the floor!

Let the fanboys hit the floor!

LET THE FANBOYS HIT THE FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUR!

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I own both Minecraft and Terraria, and I enjoy both equally in different ways. Minecraft is better at being a sandbox where you can just do whatever – build a fort, explore some caves, mine some diamond, whatevs. Terraria has more of a focus on progression through equipment and dungeon tiers – you mine some iron to make gear that’ll help you survive long enough to mine silver, which helps you mine gold, which allows you to start taking on the bosses, which gets you shadow gear, which on and on and on. It’s a bit like a Metroidvania that took inspiration from Minecraft, and I think we can agree that’s an awesome idea, whether or not we agree on if Terraria did it well.

Flag Post

Minecraft. If I was 3 hours into playing each then I’d pick Terraria, but after exploring the possibilities in both and getting to the endgame in both I will always choose Minecraft when given the choice to return to either of them.

And PhoenixUltima’s description of Terraria is spot on; it really is like a procedural Metroidvania.

Flag Post

Minecraft, terraria is a piece of shit game….(in my opinion, dont judge me)