Most bloodiest, goriest, violent game?

163 posts

Flag Post

I’d have to say Gears of War, Soldier of Fortune, Hitman Blood Money and Bioshock. Gears of War is pretty much everything covered with blood, like SOF, Hitman has a lot of gore in it and Andrew Ryan’s death with the golf club in Bioshock was satisfying (yes, i am a sadist)

Flag Post

Manhunt?

And Manhunt 2?

Flag Post

What about Resident Evil 4?

Flag Post

Once again, your opinion of [insert topic name].

Flag Post

ya know, bioshock score highest in my “creepy gore, plasmid powered category”

i mean where else will you find a little girl singing while sticking a needle into a dead guy?

Flag Post

you can’t go wrong with a classic. Turok. yeah, i said it, Turok. For the N64. where else could a 6 yr old blow the head off a raptor with an arrow in a gruesome way during the mid 90’s? It led the way to others like what you named, maybe beside Hitman.

Flag Post

Hell yeah with Turok. Especially that gun which drills into your enemies head sending his grey matter everywhere.

Flag Post

The most pwnage gun in the game, the Cerebeal Bore!

Flag Post

I looooooove Bioshock, it’s sooooooooooo cool!

Flag Post

Umm, discuss that somewhere else. I love Bioshock too, but this is a topic about ridiculously violent games i.e. seeing someones guts, eating the heart out of dead bodies

Speaking of eating hearts, The Darkness wins the trophy for “Best use of hearts in a game”, surpassing Zelda.

Flag Post

Yeah. Final level in The Darkness is BRUTAL!

Flag Post

You know what is really odd?

Nobody has mentioned two of the most violent bloody/gory games I’ve seen for a while, and they are on this site!

Endless Zombie Rampage and The Last Stand.

Flag Post

Carmageddon anybody? o_o

+15 sec each killed person on the road?

Flag Post

it would have to be either gears of war or the 360 version of shadowrun

Flag Post

Lol aphex I loved carmageddon xD

Flag Post

Manhunt.

Snuff Films Are usually the highest form of Gruesome violence and such.

Flag Post

Bioshock, Gears of War, and i’m suprised no one mentioned Dead Rising, because disembowl never gets old

Flag Post

Dead Rising = Gorefest

Full GoW Execution match = Gorefest

Halo 3 Full Server Slayer = Bloodfest (not gory)

Manhunt = Plastic bag whackfest

Flag Post

Hey, I work with plasmids for a living.

Am I scary or what?

Mwahahahaha!

Flag Post

Anyone remember the old PC game “Rise of the Triad”? Enemies’ eyeballs would fly at you once you killed them.

Flag Post

Oh god, Greg. You HAD to remind us of ROTT, didn’t you. xD That game freaked me out when I first played it…given, I was only like…7 or 8 at the time, but still. That terrible third boss…the robot one? Oh god. xO But you’re right. Oh, and if you use the \EKG cheat…shudders Unusual memories there…point is, though, ROTT was definitely one of the goriest. ((Ludicrous Gibs!))

Flag Post

Oh, holy crap. ROTT. Yeah, had totally forgotten about that one.

However, I’m going to throw Loaded (PSX) into my list of bloodiest games. And what about Time Splitters (arcade)? A fighting game (Street Fighter 2 style) where the object was to slice off your opponent’s limbs. Heck, even the original Smash TV (arcade, not the toned-down NES version) was freakin’ violent. That’s the first eyeball-flying-at-screen game I ever saw. And I think Postal (PC) (probably over Postal^2^ actually) was one of the most brutal games I’ve played.

Flag Post

Hahaha, this games you games you guys are naming are nothing. All those games, except for one or two, are all popular games, so of coarse they’re going to be edited a little for public. The number one, undeniably , most goriest game is postal, the whole series. What’s worse, a flying eyeball coming toward you, or lighting someone on fire, beating them with a shovel, decapitating them, kicking there corpse, piss on there body, and play soccer with there head? And the worst game is Columbine the RPG, although I believe there might be a new one for Virginia Tech.

EDIT:hahaha, i just found a comment about postal:
“Postal (1997): Extremely violent even by the standard of extremely violent gaming, this mass-murder title had players blowing away … well, just about every innocent person in town, including the high school marching band. You can’t really blame the U.S. Postal Service for (unsuccessfully) suing the game’s producers for copyright infringement. Or Australia and New Zealand for outlawing the game’s sequel.”

Flag Post

I’d Have to Say Mortal Kombat any of ’em….every hit gives blood..and who doesnt like tearing off opponents spinal cords..FATALITY!!!

Flag Post

For the record, tivaelydoc, I listed Postal in my post just above yours. And I dare say Loaded and Time Splitters weren’t exactly blockbusters either. So yes, I agree with you, but try reading the posts before popping in and claiming we haven’t named exactly what you named.

As for the Columbine game (which I believe is Super Columbine Massacre RPG), it is quite disturbing, but primarily because of its relevance to an actual event. Now, I haven’t played all the way through it yet (honestly have a hard time bringing myself to do so), but there are a number of people who believe that SCMRPG is in fact an artistic and political statement, not an abuse of the subject like many claim. Of course, it’s still quite disturbing, but it does try to examine the motives and give an interactive analysis of the events of that day.

And for the record, the programmer who did SCMRPG has no intention of doing a VaTech project.