Any Tips for Oroboros?

24 posts

Flag Post

WTF?!?!?! My highest score in 600,000 and something…..the seekers keep eating my oroboros or orbs whatever…..Oroboros is boring to most people…..any tips?

Flag Post

nevermind i got the badge ^^

Flag Post

Well I’d like some tips. Like what the freak causes you to die? Out of the 10 times I’ve played I beat it once. The other times I just died without a clue as to what killed me. Also what upgrades are worth getting? You don’t get enough points to get them all. And what does segment cohesion do, if it actually does anything?

Flag Post

Some other people could do with hints I guess (myself included). Something (not immediately obvious to me) which helped me get further was realising that you could sell power ups for evo points for other stuff, even in mid level. Don’t power up your blades unless you have them, instead focus on agility and retraction stamina, and trade for level 3 blades (press M in game). Same goes for armor, though the only really useful thing that does is bounce the clusters a little so you can pick them up instead of losing a segment. Seekers tend to lurk at the edges off screen, so stay away from the edges if possible, maybe about halfway to the centre of the screen, so that you can avoid the purple balls. On levels with rockets, stay away from the rails and corners, I think if the launcher touches your head when it’s moving you die.

That gets me to about 150k, so I’ve got the card (and easy badge), but no further so any help would be appreciated.

The first time I played this, the level where there’s supposed to be a blade factory underneath you (the seeker nest), there was a good supply of blades, but now it’s armour. Is this happening to anyone else?

Edit: JohnSteel, when you die do you have a seeker on you, and have no segments left?

Flag Post

I found it very easy to get both badges and the card, so I guess I’m qualified to give tips. I bought agility straight off, up to 9, because having the head follow the mouse very exactly is very useful for dodging – if an energy cluster pops out just behind you, heading for your middle, for example. Next I bought segment cohesion up to 9, because that shortens the distance between segments even when not retracted. At high values, it’s almost as good as running around retracted all the time. Having both of those made it possible to simply dodge just about everything, and I had over a million points by dimension 5 or so (with a multiplier that I recall getting as high as x41). After that, I bought blades to max over the next couple of levels, although they’re not all that impressive. I never really bothered with armor, preferring to switch to blades if I ever did pick up an armor powerup, because of my dodge priorities.

Priority of dodging was based on how much damage something could do to me; warpers lurching across the screen damage every segment they touch, and thus are the most dangerous to mishandle. Moving rocket launchers are similarly powerful, but much easier to avoid. Seekers can eat up to three segments very slowly, and have an annoying ability to dart past blades to your one unbladed segment – thus making themselves invulnerable to your blades. I found the easiest way to dodge seekers was to leave as many segments bladed as possible so they never saw a target and never homed in on my tail – they get bored and wander off after a while. Everything else does only single-segment damage, even the missiles.

I hope this helps people!

Flag Post

The way to get a big score is not to get hit. Agility is the most important stat, and bladed segments are useful for (a) killing seekers and (b) they give you one hit of ‘oops’ before you lose a segment, which keeps the Max Tail multiplier alive.

Flag Post

I had over a million points by dimension 5 or so (with a multiplier that I recall getting as high as x41)

At first I thought you must be joking, but now I see that it could be possible. I managed a multiplier of 30 in level 6, score of 2.5 million, though nowhere near a million at the end of level 4. Thanks for the help Milarion. Main bits were not to attack the seekers and to favour agility only.

Now off to see how high I can get :D

Flag Post

get the card and never play again

Flag Post

ul upgrade your Shield durability, blade durability and agility then it gets easier ^^…..

yeah never play again ^^..it is so boring

Flag Post

Shield is only useful if you get hit.

Flag Post

Tips:

1) Blades act as armor against the energy clusters, so they’re good.
2) Blades at higher levels are “sharper” and thus require fewer to kill seekers.
3) Shields bounce clusters off multiple times and protect against swarmers (purple dots).
4) Shields at higher levels bounce more, and at lvl 3 can deflect the rockets on the sides.
5) E-bombs kill all clusters and swarmers on the screen. Use only in tight spots.
6) Seekers will dissappear after a while, so you don’t HAVE to kill them. So do swarmers (though not as fast).
7) Get the multiplier UP!!! This is how you get 1 million points. If you can get it to 20x, you’ll probably get 1 mill easy.
8) You can “spend” your upgrades. So on the 3rd level, you can downgrade your blades and upgrade your shields. Then on 4th, you can put everything into segment and agility. My personal fav is segment, since i like SHORT tails.

Flag Post

Does not work for me. The game area just goes black. ???

Flag Post

The easiest way to get the badge is to bump up Agility and then Cohesion to the max respectively. After that, if you can get to dimension 5 on a continuous multiplier – not nearly as hard as it sounds – it’s an easy million+.

I think this was a good game to put a badge on, to get some more thorough exposure for those easily put off.

For a community of gamers, oh how they whinge… for shame.

Flag Post

I find the easiest way to kill a seeker is you must have blades of course and all your tail segments must be blades and wrap around it and it should kill it.

Flag Post

I uploaded a new version this morning with a bunch of bug fixes based on input from all of the kong Players.

There are two new power-ups, which should help out on the higher levels (Invincibility, and Regrow Segment).

The tail switching (x for blades, and z for armor) is improved. The armor and blades power-ups no longer overwrite each other. For instance: you can use up all of your armor, and still switch back to blades if you previously had any blades remaining.

for a full list of changes and bug fixes go to:
http://www.funfacegames.com/orochangelog.htm

Peace

Flag Post

Nice work funface. That was something that was nagging me, having the same segments powered up for both things. Also you could exploit by leaving (example) one blade, then getting an armour and switching back for max blades.

Flag Post

This is my strat -

• Lvl 1 – don’t get hit. Duh
  • Lvl 2 – 6 Evo Points on Blades – Lvl 3. Don’t have to kill the seekers, but having some protection is good.
  • Lvl 3 – Take off all Blades, 9 EP on Retraction.
  • Lvl 4 – 3 EP on Agility.
  • Lvl 5 – Take off all EP from Agility, 6 EP goes to Shield (just in case you get hit by them cutters)
  • Lvl 6 – Good luck. You’re on your own here.

By level 5 you should have hit the million.

Oh btw, if you get hooked by a seeker, its not too late to switch to blades. It takes them a while to chew, and if you switch to Blades, they will get killed just by trying to chew on the blade. Don’t make it a habit though.

Flag Post

Just take the hits from the seekers and eat as quickly as possible. You can replenish your tail faster than a couple of seekers can eat it.

And dodge warp holes and those other lil things.

Repeat until you hit dimension 30, you get 4 levels worth of just food there, if you’re careful you can have a multiplyer of x100 by the end of that.

From there on you’re plain sailing, just don’t get hit until the next food levels, x200 multiplyer and a ridiculous score. Takes a good couple of hours though to get these kinds of ridiculous scores though.

Good game $

Flag Post

why wont it work for me? the screen just goes black

Flag Post

all you have to do in oroboros is survive until the eighth or ninth dimension and then itll say you warped into a feeding frenzy. they are barely any monsters and there are tons of those little things and i got a 25X multiplier and got one million just in that dimension

Flag Post

I fixed the bug with the screen going black at load time. I could only occasionally reproduce it in IE, but I corrected a few things, and now it seems to be resolved.

Flag Post

I have the card and both the acheivements but I still don’t 100% understand how the game works :p

Flag Post

If you’re careful you can get the million before level 6.

Flag Post

yeah i was careful ^^ then i got X22 and X8 bcoz of max tail