starcraft vs dawn of war (which is better)

31 posts

Flag Post

k so people argue on and on about how dawn of war is better than starcraft and that it was made earlier and vise versa. i think starcraft is really cool but i havent played dawn of war before. i want to know which one is better so i know which sequel to get of either one of the games. if you know dwan of war info then please post

Flag Post

I only played dawn of war a little bit but I like starcraft better. Warcraft 3 is better than both of them imo.

Starcraft 2 is gonna rock once it comes out

Flag Post

Are you seriously considering whether buying starcraft 2 is a good idea or not?

starcraft 2 is like.. oh god.. its power is just maximum.

Flag Post

Warcraft+Starcraft+souped up graphics and big ass armies=DOW. Cant wait for DOW2.

Flag Post

I would call Dawn of War better than Starcraft. DoW2? Who knows.

Flag Post

sc

Flag Post

tough question … played both, liked both …
Sc + Broodwars
Older, so is the graphic but that also means you dont need a highend PC to play it …
I loved the storyline and the campaigns.
In multiplayer SC badly needs a formation system (introduced in WC3): Send 4 groups of zerglings around 2 corners into a base and they end up running in there one at a time easily being picked off …
Also since Broodwar MASSES of units … in DOW you would have to build Imerial Guards only to get the same feeling …
DOW+WinterAssault+DarkCrusade
Way better graphics.
DoW Campaign was ok, pity its only for Spacemarines, didnt particularly like the hybridcampaign in Winterassault, no campaign in DC which is basically one skirmish after the other (but you can play the campain with every race).
The concept of cover = terrain bonus (even better in Company of Heroes, will be far more advanced in DoW2) – in SC you only get a chance to dodge when standing on a cliff.
Different economics – capture and hold commandpoints (in CoH also fuel & munitions) to get requisition. You dont have to look for minerals & geysirs as in SC = No Outposts = No Raiding.
Heroes – love them, will play a much greater role in DoW2 (each squadleader is a hero, can be upgraded and revived by other squadleaders) – havent seen any footage in the SC2 previews …

Flag Post

I have to vote for starcraft, even if I’m not a fan of RTS.

Flag Post

At the very least, Starcraft didn’t make you play the same game all the time.

Flag Post

Dawn of war :)

i lovew it because of small tactical battles, not major ones

Flag Post

Dawn of War: soulstorm

Flag Post

Well its like this: I like Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War better. If you want big-ass armies and stuff, go for Dawn of War or one of it expansions or all :P (Winter Assault, Dark Crusade, Soulstorm). If you want smaller, more focused combat, go for Dawn of War II and it’s expanison. (Chaos Rising)

Sorry for late response, just discovored this topic xD

Flag Post

starcraft also has bit ass armies. You can build over 300 zerglings at the same time without reaching the foodlimit, which is quite a lot. Anyway, to even stand a chance in competive starcraft, you have to do some micro that is considered insane in most other RTS games. (Has starcraft 2 beta access. You have the right to be jealous now)

Flag Post
Originally posted by kirdaiht:

starcraft also has bit ass armies. You can build over 300 zerglings at the same time without reaching the foodlimit, which is quite a lot. Anyway, to even stand a chance in competive starcraft, you have to do some micro that is considered insane in most other RTS games. (Has starcraft 2 beta access. You have the right to be jealous now)

Nty. ;)

Flag Post

I’ve been playing the beta too. The micro isn’t really that difficult, it’s just a matter of balancing it with your macro at the same time.

Flag Post

starcraft 2 comming end july 2010

Flag Post

Lol. You’re comparing an A list actor to someone who made a vid of himself on youtube. Starcraft has been around for 12 years now and is still played in competition today. It is one of the best selling games ever made and has been rated by many including myself as the best strategy game of all time. I’ve played all the DOW series and while it’s entertaining I’d never bother to play it in 10 or even 2 years time. They keep bringing out new ones which tells you one thing. They don’t have a finished product. I just really hope and pray that Blizzard doesn’t screw up SC2. World of Warcraft has gone down the toilet in recent years so it has me worried about their game quality these days…

Flag Post
Originally posted by MomoRULZ:

Dawn of War: soulstorm

you have dawn of war soulstorm?

Flag Post

DOW2 ROCKS FUCK STARCRAFT DOW 2 = BEST RTS and Retribution is coming out in 6 march beta in february

Flag Post

@2much3time – I heard you like to overrated games because you don’t play a wide variety of them, especially RTS games. But by all means, keep letting the overhype and media buzz sway your option. God forbid you – I don’t know…. – actually think for yourself lol.

@OP – DoW2 is the better choice by far. Don’t get me wrong though, SC 1 & 2 is fun, but when it comes to true strategy… DoW2 and WC3 are the superior games.

Flag Post

Yeah, I much more enjoy the squad-based combat of Dawn of War over StarCraft.
Dawn of War’s units counter each other much better, leading to requiring better tactical decisions on which units to make and use.

Flag Post

StarCraft is much better I cant stand dawn of war.

Flag Post

Starcraft 1 & 2 = point and click ; bigger and stronger army wins ; only 3 races ; focuses on micro than strat and tactics ; no story basis ; faster player wins

Dawn of War & expansions = more strat and tactics ; hard micro ; based on good novels ; 9 races ftw ; smarter player wins

Dawn of War 2 = no more base building ; even more strat and tactics ; smarter player wins

Flag Post

Someone bumped this 4 year old thread?

Flag Post
Originally posted by 0vv0:

DOW2 ROCKS FUCK STARCRAFT DOW 2 = BEST RTS

Creative Assembly