[Contest] Pillage the Village

12 posts

Flag Post

Hey guys, we’re having a contest for my latest game Pillage the Village with a custom Wii, custom DS or signed concept art as prizes. Anyway, it was announced yesterday and I couldn’t leave my fellow Kongregators out of the chance to win :)

PtV: The Sandbox Challenge

If you choose to enter, good luck!

Announcement thread
PtV Forums

PS Thank you to all the 700,000+ who played the game in the past few weeks.

Flag Post

Holy crap, what a great concept for a game. Nicely done arcane! I like the Black & White references/inspiration as well. :) What other games have you done? And did you do all of the art/music too, or just the programming?

Flag Post

I’ve done countless games. A lot of them are on www.saydesign.com. I didnt do art and music for the game, we had a team. If you play the game for a little while the credits get unlocked.

Flag Post

I’ll try and play it. Where do you upload a high score? or is it automatic?

Flag Post

High scores dont get uploaded. The contest is for the best videos players can make.

Flag Post

oh,… nevermind…

Flag Post

Woah. :D Great idea, there, Arcane. That’ll get some great responses, I’m sure. While I won’t be entering…here’s to the luck for all of the entrants. >3

Flag Post

I might try this…

Flag Post

Why youtube only? It’s quality is subpar ):

Whatever. Still going to try to win. But what happens if I want the prize from a lower place (ie, winner already has Wii, wants DS? Or Concept Art?)

Flag Post

I didnt make the rules, so I dont know. I imagine youtube because its a popular, central location which will make it easy to search.

Regarding the prizes, if you are in first place I imagine you can ask for a swap, but other than that not likely.

Flag Post

Really only youtube? would google video work?

Flag Post

The rules state:

>All videos are to be submitted to YouTube.com, and should contain the phrase “Pillage the Village” in their title to be considered qualified entries. We will search YouTube for video entries

>Winners will be contacted through YouTube’s messaging system and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is declared.