Zodiac Tower

15 posts

Flag Post

Does anyone still play Zodiac Tower? How do you finish the damned game?

Flag Post

Hmm… I’m not sure if it’s the same with flash version, but in the shareware one you need to solve pretty much every room not just get to the top, as there are ship pieces along the way (in particular in those little rooms that are somewhat out of the way). There’s also one element that you need to get from the second game mode, if I remember correctly, so I really don’t know if you’re supposed to have a proper ending in the flash version, let’s be honest, it IS a demo.

Flag Post

Thats the one. I’m playing the regular game but the last piece of the airship is impossible to get and there is no clue as to what to do next. I’ve played all of the stages…arcade, easy, normal and hard. Hard, I haven’t finished. Just wondered if I was on the right road…If you remember anything else, I’ll be watching

Flag Post

Hmm… I’m perfectly sure that you only need to finish the game on one (and any) difficulty to complete the starship (or whatever that thing was called), did you buy the piece that is in the specials shop? Also, once you get all the pieces the ship should appear at the top of the tower and, effectively, give you two more levels (I think there were two, could be one) that you have to pass to get to the proper ending. The ending in itself isn’t really anything mightily impressive but I can sympathise with the pressing need to complete the game.

Flag Post

I like to finish a game. I’ve gotten to as far up the tower as I can go. As I was playing, the next room to clear was shown by a question mark over the room. Now, I’ve got to the top but up in the right corner is an icon with a question mark on it. No matter how many times I click that q.m., I keep getting the same room to clear. I’ve gone to the Equipment room and purchased all that I can but there is one piece that I cannot get to finish the airship. Right now, I’m playing a room on the first level that will give me 20 gold pieces so I can buy absolutely everything I can to see if that helps any…ridiculous that a simple game I bought from RealArcade would be such a problem…..Oh, well…..

Flag Post

Like I said, I can sympathise. I dug up the save file and the installer to check and one thing occured to me, there is one room in the “sun” on the very top of the tower, it should become available once you complete the other rooms.

Otherwise I’m not entirely sure what you’re referring to, do you mean that the question mark doesn’t disappear after you pass the room and you get it again? Maybe you have some unpatched version of the game? There should be a version number in the lower left corner of the main menu screen. I can say that I haven’t encountered this problem in 1.01.

If all else fails maybe you could try to either make a screenshot or zipping the save states (I believe it’s actually two files in the game’s data folder, the “profiles.dat” and “storage.dat”) and uploading it somewhere on the net so I can see if the problem persists in my copy of the game (assuming the versions are going be compatible).

Flag Post

I’ll do that tonight. It is now 3:15, Thursday…Atlantic Time.

Flag Post

The versions are the same. I have bought everything I can in Normal Mode.That didn’t change things. I earned most of my gold points by playing the sun on top. Up in the right corner is an arrow with a flashing question mark. At this point, if I click the arrow, I get nothing but if I click Play, I get one of the lower rooms….or at least I think its one of the lower ones…I only get 4 gold pieces. After I complete the sun room, I get the "Congratulations, etc and "You just need a few more things to complete your airship…etc. I have checked the two files you referred to. Where can I upload them to or send them to so you can compare them? I most appreciate what you are doing for me but this is taking a lot of your time.

Flag Post

I opened a hotmail account in the name Zodiacexplorer and sent the files to this account. If I give you the password to this account (which will never be used again), would that do? I’d have to put the password on here in view of anyone but if I never used the account again, would it matter?

Flag Post

Or you can email me at that account

Flag Post

Heh, I’ve sent you an email as Sleeping Dragon, just attach the files to the reply.

Flag Post

There’s no letter there. Mary

Flag Post

Strange, it didn’t send me a report so the thing should’ve been sent somewhere… oh well, just try sending it to draco_sleep@poczta.onet.pl (the lengths we’ll go to get an ending of a cheap shareware game XD )

Flag Post

We are a strange breed of stubborn people. I checked again and there is still nothing there so will send you the files. Thanks again, Mary

Flag Post

I’ve put all the details into a reply mail but just in case someone else is watching this conversation with similar problem, the missing part is in the arcade mode, you just have to keep trying.