Badge Master changelog.

133 posts

Flag Post

Changelog for Badge Master. (Due to the 1500 character limit of the game updates section).

V 3.1.1

- Removed Battalino: Arena badges.
- Minor scrolling text modifications.

V 3.1.0

- Now you can click the “related badges” icons at the bottom of the application.
- Fixed duplicated results.
- Updated to the most recent version of Skyboy’s JSON class. Parsing is way faster now.

V 3.0.0

Complete rebuild of the application.
Loads faster, better GUI, more options, custom shareable skins, improved browser, option to exclude badges and more.

Thanks to everyone who suggested things and reported bugs. ♥

V 2.8.0

Amount and percentage of badges by genre. Thanks to Danaroth for giving me the idea.
New option to customize the colors, so… if you don’t like any of the skins, go ahead and customize it as you please.
Also, now you can share your stats with your friends. You can do it via text (formatted to work on Kong forums) or with a pic (Thanks to UnknownGuardian for suggesting it).
And… changed the font of the buttons.

V 2.6.2

Percentage now rounds down and will only display 100% when you earn all the badges of that type. Thanks to Hiperson134 for suggesting it.

V 2.6.1

Fixed points display text on the badge screen.

V 2.6.0

GUI changes and fixed minor display bugs for the backgrounds.

V 2.5.1

Fixed earned badges filter.
Thanks to Kaos_Pulse for reporting it.

V 2.5.0

Added badge browser tool. Now you can filter badges by status (earned/unearned), difficulty and genre at the same time.

V 2.0.0

3 new backgrounds by: Michal Marcol, Salvatore Vuono & Idea go. http://www.freedigitalphotos.net
Tentacle background by Seriath, Pink Planet by Suffocation.
Click the “B” to change skin!
Random badge by genre. Special thanks to:
Rolpege, Cows_Only, Snoozer998, GlowingIce, Creepy, Salamandras, CowFriend, 35kDog,
SAL37, Kidak, Bermat, PromisedReasons, SamsterSamster, SilentSand, Gama11, Sellyme, Szczoo17 & Hamuka for the help.

V1.32

Added percentage of badges by difficulty. Thanks to Wilk123 for the idea.

V1.31

Fixed bug with black screen for the random unearned badge option. Thanks to Zhoom for reporting it.

V1.3

Added a new skin. For those who liked the old one, just press the “B” icon to switch back to it. Also added old / new mini buttons.

V1.21

Fixed Favorite badges bugs. Added percentage of total badges.

V1.2

Added more buttons to make it easier to navigate through pages. Colors changed. It doesn’t look like a rainbow anymore. New option to add games to favorites and pick a random favorite. Kudos to NetMonster for the idea.

V1.1

Fixed black screen when there are no unearned badges to display. Thanks to Kendzi for spotting this bug.

Flag Post

Game is really coming along nicely, job well done.
My only suggestions it that some of the themes have a weird contrast with the buttons/info/text, which makes them hard to read/see. Also, maybe have a “themes” button for clarity?

Flag Post

Version 2.5.0 : browsing is cool but the earned/unearned part seems to not work properly. earned & any seem to displays the same badges? Not so bad since i only care about unearned anyway, but you sould probably know

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by kaos_pulse:

Version 2.5.0 : browsing is cool but the earned/unearned part seems to not work properly. earned & any seem to displays the same badges? Not so bad since i only care about unearned anyway, but you sould probably know

Fixed. Thanks.

Originally posted by ElBandito81:

Game is really coming along nicely, job well done.
My only suggestions it that some of the themes have a weird contrast with the buttons/info/text, which makes them hard to read/see. Also, maybe have a “themes” button for clarity?

I’ll work on it. There’s another skin I want to add, but I lost the link to it and I’m waiting for the guy who made it to log in. I’ll change the font color of the rest so it’s easier to read it.

Thanks. (:

Flag Post

Apparently the mods don’t like CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I’m being SERIOUS here, the game looks fucking ugly despite being absolutely AWESOME. You should really look into improving the graphics.

Flag Post

As you can notice by loading any of my games, I completely suck with graphics.
It’s easier for me to code a whole game than to make a single average (let alone good) graphic.

The new skin I’ll implement looks really nice, I just need to get that link again. I hope to have it done before next Monday.

Flag Post

It doesn’t need to be perfect, just easy on the eye and simple. I even made a “good” one in MS F***ING PAINT without using my tablet or putting any effort and it looked 10x as good as yours does. Not because I’m good at it, but simply because I have COMMON SENSE.

Flag Post

I think we need a new definition for “constructive criticism”.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

I think we need a new definition for “constructive criticism”.

No, it’s just Aioria. He’s opinionated, hateful, and loud. And that’s not all. He may have the right idea, but it needs to be communicated better. He’s using the idea of constructive criticism to justify being mean.

But back on topic, Senekis, I really respect and appreciate how well you receive good criticism and tips, and are continuing the game’s growth.
I wuld suggest slightly less complicated backgrounds that make the buttons easier, that’s all.

Flag Post

Does Aioria have a point with that statement? Really.
Look, it’s a game where all you do is get a badge, you don’t need good graphics, get over it.
Constructive Criticism my ass.

Oh, and Senekis, thanks for making such a awesome game. I love it when looking for badges.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FrozenBird:

Does Aioria have a point with that statement? Really.
Look, it’s a game where all you do is get a badge, you don’t need good graphics, get over it.
Constructive Criticism my ass.

Oh, and Senekis, thanks for making such a awesome game. I love it when looking for badges.

Aioria is just an angry person. He has the right idea, but communicates it in a hateful and angry way.

Flag Post

I added a background color to the buttons. I hope they’re easier to read now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Senekis93:

I added a background color to the buttons. I hope they’re easier to read now.

Yeah, looks good now. I still think some of the backgrounds are a bit complicated, but that’s just my own opinion. It seems most people like them, so everything looks pretty good.

Flag Post

Still displaying 100%. Thanks for the response though! I left the same thing in the comments since I didn’t know which you would look at.

Flag Post

Hey – I think “AioriaRox” has a great idea but the way he presented it is really absurd. It is not called “Creative Criticism” if you present it like that.

I love “Badge Master” it just made life a little easier :D.

But just an opinion. Make the theme a little more – you know “Shinier” Like Graphically good. I know it is just an app thing to get badges. But it’ll be cool if you do it. It’ll just look awesome :)

Flag Post

As much as I like badge master (it’s great especially because it has a badge points API stat, that way you can see who’s got the most badges), I have to agree with AioriaRox about the GUI improvements. The whole design, especially the buttons badly need a redesign.
That’s also the reason why I was seriously surprised by the high rating of the game, a lot Kong users are usually like “Bad graphics 1/5” – proabably they just didn’t know this kind of tool. (Kongregate Sidebar and Badge browser existed way before but only ppl who are active in the forums know about it)

If you’re not good at graphics stuff, you can maybe get someone who’s better at it to do that for you. Maybe create a thread in the collabs or art forum? Just a quick idea though.

Flag Post

Someone was making a nice skin for it, but I don’t know what happened.

The thing with the GUI is that any graphics mean extra filesize, which results in a longer loading time for the users, so I’m trying to make it as light as possible. Besides the “B” and the backgrounds, everything is made with code to keep the SWF size low.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I am getting something like this:

Flag Post

That’s weird, uuu2.
What OS are you using?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Senekis93:

That’s weird, uuu2.
What OS are you using?

I am using a mac OSX with lion.

Flag Post

Hmm… I’ll change the font for the next update. I hope that fixes it.

Flag Post

Yer comment says “New Update (14.09)”. You should change that to 14/09 or 14-09. I was looking for version 14.09…

Apparently the mods don’t like CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

Actually, I think it’s the repeated swearing… probably…

Also Senekis, I think it would look nicer if the text in the buttons was centered vertically. At present, it’s up towards the top. (You’re probably leaving the textfield y set to 0)

Flag Post

Right. I’ll fix it once I have some free time. Thanks.