Badge Master changelog. page 2

132 posts

Flag Post

Ok font somewhat fixed, but now looks like this:

Sorry my computer is being so finicky. :(

Flag Post

Can we have the option of excluding badges from this, in a similar manner to favouriting them?

For example, I never have and never will get any of the Bible Fight badges, and generally do my best to pretend they don’t exist. I’d appreciate some functionality that stops them from being suggested when I ask for the next badge, and stops me from (as far as I’m concerned) having 100% of easy and medium badges.

I wouldn’t want this to carry over to the stats for sharing, since that could easily lead to abuse, but would it be possible for within the application itself?

I imagine other people might want this for excluding Caesary. I’m fortunate enough to have all its badges already. Or TD games, or MMOGs… let people be as restrictive as they’d like in the suggestions they receive.

Flag Post

That sounds like a nice feature, but I don’t think I’ll be adding new features anytime soon. I’ll be really busy and I want to use the little free time I have to work on another project.

uuu2, sorry, the font is embeded and should be displayed the same fot everyone, so I don’t know what’s the problem there.

Flag Post

Badge stats for Arber2:

All Badges (11 %) 187 of 1652
Points (8 %) 2270 of 28525

Easy (20%) 97 of 482
Medium (9%) 67 of 683
Hard (4%) 20 of 445
Impossible (7%) 3 of 42

Get your stats! Badge Master V: 2.8.0 B
Tue Sep 27 2011

Flag Post

Just stumbled across this today – nice idea Senekis.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Senekis93:

uuu2, sorry, the font is embeded and should be displayed the same fot everyone, so I don’t know what’s the problem there.

It’s alright I can see it in share as pic. Speaking of which, the percentages seem to be rounding down no matter what the decimal is, just letting you know about this bug!

Flag Post

Badge stats for fizzyfloat:

All Badges (23 %) 382 of 1691
Points (12 %) 3635 of 29130

Easy (45%) 226 of 495
Medium (20%) 145 of 699
Hard (2%) 11 of 455
Impossible (0%) 0 of 42

Fri Oct 14 2011

Flag Post

Badge stats for Zhoom:

All Badges (100 %) 1702 of 1705
Points (100 %) 29295 of 29345

Easy (99%) 498 of 499
Medium (99%) 705 of 706
Hard (99%) 457 of 458
Impossible (100%) 42 of 42

Sat Oct 22 2011

Flag Post

I just noticed, in my post above, (for some reason, I didn’t edit it and double posted) it says "All Badges (100%) but I only have 1702 of 1705 (I’m missing the 3 badges from “Call of Gods”), same thing with the points…

Why’s that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ElBandito81:
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

I think we need a new definition for “constructive criticism”.

No, it’s just Aioria. He’s opinionated, hateful, and loud. And that’s not all. He may have the right idea, but it needs to be communicated better. He’s using the idea of constructive criticism to justify being mean.

But back on topic, Senekis, I really respect and appreciate how well you receive good criticism and tips, and are continuing the game’s growth.
I wuld suggest slightly less complicated backgrounds that make the buttons easier, that’s all.

I agree, but somehow the game isn’t working. Help please.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zhoom:

I just noticed, in my post above, (for some reason, I didn’t edit it and double posted) it says "All Badges (100%) but I only have 1702 of 1705 (I’m missing the 3 badges from “Call of Gods”), same thing with the points…

Why’s that?

too high numbers, plus too close together.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zhoom:

Why’s that?

I’ll fix it. Thanks for letting me know.

Also, huge update comming!

I’m rebuilding Badge Master from scratch. I don’t have that much free time and I usually spend it on random stuff, so it may take as long as one month.

Planned updates:

• Rebuild whole user interface. More organized, easier to use.
  • Option to log in as a different user.
  • Tool to compare two users.
  • Option to use a custom background picture (load from your computer).
  • Choose if you want games to open on the same tab.
  • Refresh button, so you don’t have to reload the page after getting a badge.
  • MAYBE a minigame where you can use your badge points for something.
  • HOPEFULLY a better looking GUI.
  • Fix %, font and browser bugs.

If you have any ideas, toss them in and I’ll see if I like them.

Flag Post

Badge point minigame sounds awesome. Not only would it give points a purpose at long last, the idea of Badge Master being badged tickles my fancy. And that can only happen if there’s something about it that’s badgeable.

Flag Post

Warlords: Heroes (Lord of War), MAD (World Domination), and Moneyseize (The Man with the Golden Coins) aren’t showing up if I look at impossible, all. Meatboy (Band-Aid Fetish) isn’t showing up on impossible, earned. Elona Shooter (Random Number Disintegrator) and Dino Run (Chaos Theory) aren’t showing up if I look at impossible, unearned.

:s

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bilious:

Warlords: Heroes (Lord of War), MAD (World Domination), and Moneyseize (The Man with the Golden Coins) aren’t showing up if I look at impossible, all. Meatboy (Band-Aid Fetish) isn’t showing up on impossible, earned. Elona Shooter (Random Number Disintegrator) and Dino Run (Chaos Theory) aren’t showing up if I look at impossible, unearned.

:s

Yeah, it’s been reported. I’ll fix it on the new update.
That happens because I’m adding an extra badge per row, so the last badge on each row is added out of the visible area (at the extreme right).

Also, let me know if you have any suggestions for what the minigame could be about.

Flag Post

Maybe it could be like Upgrade Complete!: You start with a very boring minigame, and as you earn points, it becomes better and better, until it will be an epic game. I know that would take a loooooooong time, but I think it’s a good idea.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

Maybe it could be like Upgrade Complete!: You start with a very boring minigame, and as you earn points, it becomes better and better, until it will be an epic game. I know that would take a loooooooong time, but I think it’s a good idea.

The problem is that Upgrade complete is a multimedia monster; it features so much graphics effects that I’d never be able to do.

Currently I’m thinking of a dices game where you play against the computer (and maybe a non-live option to play against other players via shared content). There would be tons of dices, each with unique powers and you’d be able to buy them with points.

Just an idea… I won’t start working on the minigame anytime soon; I’ll spend about a month building the new Badge Master and then have it on Beta for 2 – 3 weeks that I’ll use to fix all the bugs that the players report. Then I’ll start working on the minigame that should be done in less than a month, so… there’s still a lot of time to think of something good.

Flag Post

Suggestion for the new badge master: have an option to pull the least and most rewarded badges, like the most rewarded unearned easy badge, or the least rewarded impossible badge for a challenge. I have no clue how hard this would be, but it would definitely be a nice feature.

Flag Post

There should be a “remove” and/or “next” button.
I like to earn badges going from oldest to newest so i use the “oldest unearned badges” option a lot. However there are some game badges i don’t want, or don’t want to see on the list (i just want to skip over them). It would be super awesome if I could just pass over that game/badge or remove it from the list.

Flag Post

@jkdrip: I may add a list of the least earned badges. Thanks for the idea. (:

@demonsatbay: An exclude button is already planned and will be included on the update (actually, it’s the first thing I’ll implement once I’m done with the stats screen).

Preview of what the badge screen of new version currently looks like.
The colors bar displays the difficulty of the badge and it shows you the icons of all the missing badges for that game as well as letting you know how many points you could earn from it.

It still needs the “favorite” and “exclude” buttons, as well as one that picks a random favorited badge.

Flag Post

Looks very nice! I’ll be looking forward to this new version, Badge Master is an awesome tool.

Flag Post

Some sort of cardgame might be nice for the minigame. Where badge points can be spent on new cards, with a reset purchases option. In the vein of Arcomage perhaps.

Flag Post

Nice Applet.

What I would really like to have is tooltips on the game browser: when I hover the mouse over a badge, I’d like to know what game it is for, what genre it is in, how many points I’ll get. You do have that info in the database already.

Also, to make this a game, don’t do anything with dice or such in Badge Master itself – if you want to make a dice game, do that separately.

Since this game leaks personal info via the highscore list, I’d rather it had a “submit” button instead of doing it automatically — that said, making highscore lists for the genre completion stats would be neat, especially to compare them with my friends.

I think to turn badge master into a game it doesn’t need any conventional gameplay – it’s sort of meta in that you progress by playing games on Kong. However, it could use achievements. Some could be automatic: any developer who’s had more than 3 of his games badged could make an achievement that you’d get bronze on if you acquired all of their easy badges, silver for easy and medium, and gold for all of them. Maybe there are other achievements that would suggest itself – like beating 20%, 50%, 80% of some given stats, or stuff similar to the “quests” that kong already has.

Flag Post

For the new Badge Master I have a couple of suggestions:
-Search function so that it would be easier to find specific games we want to add to the “to do” list
-Ability to pull up a menu of saved “to do” badges so that we could choose one we want to work on instead of getting one at random.
-Graphic on each game’s information page to show all available badges and which are earned/unearned as well as (points earned)/(total possible points)

Great work, I’m really looking forward to the new version :)

Flag Post

You adde ultiple filters with the badge browser function, but it would be nice if I could do the same with random badges. Like if I wanted a random unearned easy adventure/rpg badge.