Badge Master changelog. page 5

134 posts

Flag Post

least and most awarded buttons, and tag system which somebody already suggested, and a button which shows you what game you can earn the most points from please XD

Flag Post

It would be neat if there were some option to find games with just easy badges, or just easy and/or medium. I’d love to be able to quickly collect those badges.

Flag Post

Do you Senekis93 know what to improve? I have a suggestion. Put a list of every badge of the type chosen, instead of giving 1 badge per click. That way users can realize which and how many left. Thanks if you have seen it.

Flag Post

There seems to be a bug when trying to compare between two users. The compare button itself doesn’t work. Didn’t work for my friend either.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HyperActive1OO:

least and most awarded buttons, and tag system which somebody already suggested, and a button which shows you what game you can earn the most points from please XD

Tag system: no, would require a database and my host only gives me two with the free account.
The rest may be implemented in the future. I’ll see.

Originally posted by Alsee:

It would be neat if there were some option to find games with just easy badges, or just easy and/or medium. I’d love to be able to quickly collect those badges.

Originally posted by wipuwipuwipu:

Do you Senekis know what to improve? I have a suggestion. Put a list of every badge of the type chosen, instead of giving 1 badge per click. That way users can realize which and how many left. Thanks if you have seen it.

Both can be done with the browser option.

Originally posted by L_Deathnote:

There seems to be a bug when trying to compare between two users. The compare button itself doesn’t work. Didn’t work for my friend either.

It works. Must input two valid Kongregate usernames.

Flag Post

To start: Senekis, thanks for making such an awesomely useful game!

I few suggestions:
My main suggestion is a fifth option in the browse-screen (next to earned, difficulty, genre and whatever you call the last one), namely: "earned by " <enter>, with options “any”, “eaned by” or “unearned by”. This way you can see all badges some other player has, but you haven’t (by selecting “unearned” for yourself and “earned by” for the other player). I think that would be an awesome extra feature; hopefully you agree :-)

Other things I think that are nice:
-On a badge screen (so the screen where you see all information about 1 badge), make the other unearned badges of the same game clickable (to go to that badge’s page).
-In the stats screen, I’d like to see what percentage I have of all points which can be obtained from badges (I know I can calculate that with the information given on that page, but I’m lazy XD)
-Maybe some “browse games” screen, where you can browse for games (with badges) instead of badges. And then (for example) the following sorting options:
any/no badges earned from this game/some badges earned from this game/all badges earned from this game
genre
some option to control badge difficulties in the game.
This last idea maybe doesn’t add really much, but it will give a nice view of the amount of games where I haven’t earned any of the badges.

Flag Post

if you search button,hunt* , you should find 3 badges have a clone.

Flag Post

@irockgood: they’re not duplicates, they are just found twice because they both satisfy the description “button” as “hunt”. For example if you search for
crazy,crazy
you see that every badge is shown twice. But the fact that they are shown twice is indeed a bug (I think).

Flag Post

Thanks for the suggestions. I like them but to be honest, I have a lot of projects in my todo list and I don’t want to spend much time on Badge Master at the moment. Also, fixed the duplicated results issue and a couple other things.

Flag Post

Still loving Badge Master. :) One small issue with the stats page (and maybe this is just a manual update thing), there were 3 new badges added to a Unity game, and the stats page still says 10/12 for me, not 10/15. No good way to tell offhand if this has affected any of the other categories, since I only noticed this one because the number is so small to start with. The total number of badges has updated properly, but the browse section isn’t showing those new badges in the Unity category either.

Flag Post

is there any way to see how many % of the points available from badges you’ve got?

Flag Post

@ninjakittyofdoom: Look at the message at the top of the main screen; it tells you when I updated the genres for the last time.

@crocodileman94: Check the highscores, the top one will usually has all the points, then just do (myPoints * 100)/maxPoints and that’s the %.

Flag Post

This where I say any bugs or stuff?

Well, theres badges for Battalion Arena, but clicking to play it just brings me back to the start of Kongregate.

I even looked for Battalion Arena and didn’t find it. It seems the game doesn’t exist here or not anymore?

Flag Post

Battalion Arena has been entirely removed from the site. The only way to see its badges in the Kongregate browser is if you’ve already earnt them, the same as Caesary.

If you don’t have them yet then I recommend you exclude those badges on Badge Master adammaa, then it will never recommend them for you.

Flag Post

Adventure category is visible only from main menu.

When looking for newest/oldest there could be previous/next button or older/newer. Otherwise it is useless when i cant beat oldest one or newest one achievement. :(

Flag Post

♬ aluetah , enpeah aluetah , slueah-taeh , chiken almenon!♬

Flag Post

@ Battalion: Will be fixed soon (as soon as i find the goddamned line where I exclude badges).

@ Newest/oldest thing: Just exclude them.

@ Adventure category: It’s also displayed as “RPG” in some parts.

Flag Post

I have a few suggestions (most important first):

1. In the badge view there should be name of the developer somewhere. Firstly for informational issues, secondly it could be link to all badges in this developer’s games – just like you would search his name. Since the game already knows who are the developer of each game, I think it wouldn’t be very hard to do.

2. Is there a way to make this game “know” what are your favorite games? “My favorites” category would be very useful in browse tab.

3. I agree with florrat’s last idea – games browsing would be nice.

Flag Post

Not sure if anyone noticed that earlier – I got all easy badges and stats says 630/631 (99%). Litlle tweak for counters should help.

Flag Post

I don’t know if flash would allow this, but maybe it could open links in the same tab/window?

Flag Post

The game (utility?) keeps showing me badges i already have :s I thought it wasn’t supposed to?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Moratbd:

The game (utility?) keeps showing me badges i already have :s I thought it wasn’t supposed to?

You can choose/filter whether to show earned badges, unearned badges, or both. By default it shows both.

Flag Post

compare thing isnt working

Flag Post
Originally posted by iggyvolz:

I don’t know if flash would allow this, but maybe it could open links in the same tab/window?

Flash allows it, but Kong doesn’t.

Originally posted by gibsonmaster26:

compare thing isnt working

Flag Post

There’s a game, called ‘Starfighter disputed galaxy’, a shooter game, which has been pulled from Kongregate.The badges belonging to the game are still in Badge Master, these badges being; ‘Beats Mowing Lawns’, easy,‘Missionary’, medium and ‘Warship Destroyer’, hard. Could these please be removed?