Tactics 100 Live

33 posts

Flag Post

Anyone else enjoying this game a lot? I thought I’d create a thread where we could talk about different strategies or tactics we’ve tried. There’s a few I’ve went through or seen.

Super-wizard: This is an obvious one, you pump up a wizard to max damage with channeling, then you get 18 to 15 to 12 to 9 damage. This one is so effective that I’m starting to think it’s needed for any good army. For a while I tried two strong (but not maxed out) wizards, but it doesn’t work as well.

Once I settled on having the super wizard, it’s a question of what to back it up with. Soldiers are the obvious choice, but in the end I found archers more effective (with maxed damage). They’re faster, and they attack behind enemy lines (this is really imporant, because you’ve got to kill your enemy’s super-wizard).

I tried 2 healers for a while, but now I’m down to one healer with upgraded healing, but I’m not sure about this yet.

Anyway, I know my setup isn’t the best yet, just thought it would be interesting to compare strategies. Anyone else have a cool setup they want to share? Anyone think it’s possible to have a good army with no wizard?

Flag Post

Played your game in Newgrounds and loved it :)

Flag Post

I agree about the super wizard. They’re devastating. I play with one super wizard, one moderately upgraded archer, one moderately upgraded healer, and another non-upgraded healer. I like having two healers, even if they’re not upgraded as well, because then they can heal each other (a single healer cannot heal herself, so she becomes a big target). Plus, I found myself overhealing a lot when I upgraded my healing powers too much.

I think that soldiers are the weakest unit in the game, and I don’t really use them much. I don’t see people using them in multiplayer games either. The move-attack penalty is huge, and they don’t seem that much tougher than the other units.

Flag Post

My setup is pretty good now, and I see lots of similar setups among my opponents, but still occasional unexpected stuff that can be surprisingly good. Mine is still pretty close to what I described above. I’m actually finding it’s working better to have an asymetric setup… all my units are clustered off to one side. It seems weird, but it has it’s advantages.

An yes, the type of setup that’s effective vs. cpu and humans is completely different.

Random other note: highest damage contest. Can anyone to 45 damage for one hit? I had a veteran superwizard with the +75% desperation bonus and the +50% for being behind and +10% for point-blank range.

Flag Post

i ahd super wizard with about +100 (i think it was 101, weird) for veteran and 50 for behind. i dont remember how much damage though..

Flag Post

dude, super mage, 101 vet bonus, point blank, behind, 41 p of damage. thats cool right there. buuut, back that mage up with 3 soldiers, or one maxed soldie, 1 maxed mage, and healthy archer. 1 movement for soldier only.

Flag Post

huh?

It’s in Newgrounds

Just a flash portal.

Flag Post

worst challenge ever

Flag Post

worst challenge ever

This is madness!

Flag Post

you could make it better by making us get 50 points for the card.

Flag Post

sprint your just lazy, your not willing to spend an hour or so on it, you make me SICK!

Flag Post

My original plan was to make it 500 until I came up with the “300” reference. Just be glad that I watched that movie for the first time last night!

Flag Post

We are

Flag Post

no, i hate the game, and i was on level three, when the game randomly said i was defeated.

Flag Post

no, i hate the game, and i was on level three, when the game randomly said i was defeated. I now like 300 even more then i already did.

sorry about the double post

Flag Post

This is madness!

THIS… IS SPARTAAAAAAA!!!! \(\ _ /)/

Sorry, had to do that.

Flag Post

I came up with the “300” reference.

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

This is madness!

Unpassable!

you could make it better by making us get 50 points for the card.

Lol?

Flag Post

So is there a strategy to Flawless Victory Badge? I tried to put a upgraded mage, archer, and healer and a unupgraded healer, but i lost in the first level.

Flag Post

I was personally able to get to the fifth level without any flaw with a team of two mages and a healer…each mage with full power, two chain, and five health…the healer with three healing power upgrade things. The archers got to me, however…I’m currently working on it. Any suggestions?

Flag Post

you can beat it flawlessly with my guide (see forum).

Flag Post

can anybody (whit a good strategy for single player) take a screen shot and upload it so everbody could see how to get that f**** card??

i also hate the game xP

Flag Post

If you just want the card, the strategy of “use the default army and attack things” should be sufficient.

Flag Post

Hate the game.

I stated this many times before:

Chess + Combat + Fail = This Game

Can’t even get past the first level

Flag Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Replace Archer with Mage if you wish. But I found the archer useful for hunting down those annoying max mages.

Yes there are a whole bunch of people using maxed mage strats on multiplayer. So if two players end up being the turtling type, that’s no fun. So I’ve been fine tuning a antimage strategy :)

When playing against a Mage: always be wary of their range. Learn the firing area of the mage. Most players are unwilling to bring their mages out of their hiding place on the hill, so you can prepare your assult from outside. The only exception to this rule are players who have maxed Mages with max mobility. They WILL move, and they will catch you offguard.

I disagree with whoever said that Soldiers are crap. They are pretty much the only thing that can’t be 1hit KOed by a maxed Mage, thanks to their shields. Spread them out, 1 on each side, and 1 in the middle.

^^

Flag Post

I think I win the damage contest. :)

From behind + 50%
High ground + 25%
Veteran bonus + 105%
Point Blank + 10%
Total Damage = 54
Eliminated

I had a maxed out mage, on a hill, with 7 veteran bonus. The AI had a soldier who decided to slash a healer in the back (the healer was conviniently 2 spaces bellow the hill). So to make things simple, a maxed out mage on high ground hit a soldier from behind at point blank range.
The result – What you see above.
1) Has anyone beaten this?

2) I’d post a screenshot, but don’t know how to post images here.

3) 3 horrays for maxed out mages!