Best and Worst Super Smash Bros. Brawl Characters page 31

875 posts

Flag Post

Insert bq. at the beginning of the post, then add a space and paste the text you want to quote. Give it a few indents for a reply to a quote.

like this?

The ray gun can “carry” characters especially large ones off the stage by shooting rapidly at them, for if you get caught by those ray blasts. Other than that, it’s not much of a deal.

In melee this affected you worse, but in brawl you can still freely move and attack after an air dodge. Most people I’ve played can air dodge a shot then make it back perfectly fine, the only ones who couldn’t were the new players that wouldn’t beat a level 5. That’s if you can even hit them in the first place becase if you have distance they have time and at close range there’s a slight delay to when you fire (it’s slower than most characters quick attacks).

Here’s a new vocabulary word. Metagame
You’ll usually hear this term in gaming where competition is present.

Ok now that’s interesting, something along the lines of the player knows something that the character doesn’t, or something outside of the game and… ohhh look it mentions ssbb :)

And that’s how you learn to become better at brawl. By recognizing scenarios, techniques, attacks, patterns, you can fight your opponent without being blindfolded. Of course, your opponent would be doing the same thing, if they have the ability to do so. If not, then they’re not a nuisance to deal it.

I agree, I like the more time to decide the style the player is using for the match, or should I use metagame? Just because I know of the word doesn’t mean I can use it correctly, I’m mostly left brained btw.

Yeah, they kinda do. KO steals are common and it promotes spamming in a way. Coin matches on the other hand are just pathetic.

Coin matches definatly suck. I think I did however many were required for trophy, always for only 1 minute because I think you had to finish, and that was it.

(holds breath) I hope it quoted these right… EDIT: ok I forgot about the “.”s after the bq… but now I got it. thanks, that will make quoting much easier.

Flag Post

i hate yoshi. he’s probably the worst (for me)

Flag Post

LoL, you guys have been arguing about items a lot.

I can play with or without items, but I do have strategies developed for both cases. Like for example, I love using the Fan as Luigi because the Fan sucks opponents into you, leaving them vulnerable to Luigi’s uppercut of awesomeness. Same thing with the Pitfall, that one just requires more finesse. And Hammers can be double-edge swords, but only if you’re fighting certain players, particularly Zelda/Sheik, Mario, Marth, Ike, Pit, Link, Toon Link, Falco, Wolf, King DeDeDe, the Ice Climbers, Yoshi, Samus/Zero-Suit, Peach, and Snake since they all have certain attacks/abilities to avoid and/or counter-attack the Hammer, unless it’s a Golden Hammer.

And for the argument’s sake, I prefer 5 Stocks over 3, especially when I fought Kevin. :P

Flag Post

And for the argument’s sake, I prefer 5 Stocks over 3, especially when I fought Kevin. :P

HA! jk.

The fan is easily abused though, I don’t remember which characters can get out of it easily except for sonic, but it’s cheap when they get your damage really high and there’s nothing you can do about it except hope that I item comes that you can lead them to.

I can play both ways just fine, just like I can play mario kart just fine without items, it’s just not as fun to me.

p.s. for the hammer there’s always the idiots you can get to jump :)

Flag Post

Jump as in the Hammer user jumps off the edge? Yeah, sadly I am one of those idiots on occasion because I forget that you lose your footing on edges while using hammers, and Luigi’s the worst for that because of his lack of traction! >_<

Flag Post

in brawl you can still freely move and attack after an air dodge. Most people I’ve played can air dodge a shot then make it back perfectly fine

Maybe you can evade it. I don’t know. I haven’t really used the ray gun a lot since it didn’t really appeal to me. I preferred the super scope and the cracker launcher.

ohhh look it mentions ssbb :)

Smash Bros. has a very worldwide competitive community. North America, Europe, Brazil, Japan, it’s around the globe.

I agree, I like the more time to decide the style the player is using for the match, or should I use metagame? Just because I know of the word doesn’t mean I can use it correctly, I’m mostly left brained btw.

Eh, I think you’re using it right. The term is slightly exclusively unique in Smash, you can check this article for more info.

LoL, you guys have been arguing about items a lot.

Nope, just feeding you knowledge. I have nothing against items despite what my posts says. I’m not angry.

The fan is easily abused though, I don’t remember which characters can get out of it easily except for sonic, but it’s cheap when they get your damage really high and there’s nothing you can do about it except hope that I item comes that you can lead them to.

To escape the dreaded fan attacks, you mash and tap the stick toward the direction to move your way out the fan(what you’re doing is called DI). Smaller ones can get out faster than the larger characters. Jigglypuff won’t suffer as much as Bowser. You’ll at the very least, minimize the torture.

Flag Post

I hate Ice Climbers. Link is awesome

Flag Post

Jump as in the Hammer user jumps off the edge? Yeah, sadly I am one of those idiots on occasion because I forget that you lose your footing on edges while using hammers, and Luigi’s the worst for that because of his lack of traction! >_<

ok… That’s worse than what I was talking about. I guess jumping over a gap can do that, but…

Well, I was talking about final destination for example and they’re coming towards you. You pretend you’re going to jump over them to make them jump, but you jump low so that you can get back on the ground. When they jump you then run under them and send them flying, since the hammer has little to no effect on players attacking from below.

Eh, I think you’re using it right. The term is slightly exclusively unique in Smash, you can check this article for more info.

Sorry, but I think I’ll stick to “style”

To escape the dreaded fan attacks, you mash and tap the stick toward the direction to move your way out the fan(what you’re doing is called DI). Smaller ones can get out faster than the larger characters. Jigglypuff won’t suffer as much as Bowser. You’ll at the very least, minimize the torture.

When I try to move out, I usually bring the player a long with me, I can sometimes fall off the edge to escape, (fall off but not die, that is) while others I hang there in midair. If the fan isn’t used like that, then I’m fine with the fan, being an item that hits up and falls slowly can be used in great ways. (such as 52 kills in multiman :))

Flag Post

You guys must have never seen the tier list.
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Tier_list
This is a list of the best characters, based on the strategies that people use in tournaments. Meta Knight, as you will see, is rated as the only S ranked tier character because, although light weight, he is hard to KO because of his up B attack. He attacks fast too.
And I would also like to say to pandafrenzy that, although Snake is the third heaviest character, he is still fast. The weight makes him harder to knock out, so the speed, weight and range that he has makes him very good. He is hands down my best character, followed by Ike, Link, Toon Link, Pit, Meta Knight, Lucario, Mario, Marth, and Mr Game and Watch. Ican use every character, those are just the ones I use best. Long of of really good ones, I know.

Flag Post

Sorry, but I think I’ll stick to “style”

Ok. Off-topic question, but do you brawl wi-fi?

You guys must have never seen the tier list.

Pretty sure some have had seen it at least once.

This is a list of the best characters, based on the strategies that people use in tournaments.

A word of note. Tier list is outdated. This is the real tier list.

Meta Knight, as you will see, is rated as the only S ranked tier character because, although light weight, he is hard to KO because of his up B attack. He attacks fast too.

There’s more than just that. He has ultimately great recovery provided with five midair jumps and the ability to glide twice. His moveset are all combo stackers. The low power is compensated for by the fast speed and minimal lag of most of the attacks, allowing Meta Knight to easily set up combos and rack up damage. With this, he could kill quite a handful of brawlers if he is to be mastered.

Flag Post

Ok. Off-topic question, but do you brawl wi-fi?

I tried and I hated the lag and time matches, so no. I’ll face you if you want… but I’m almost positive you’ll win.

I don’t understand the tier list, any character can beat any other character given the circumstances, a master with ganondorf can beat a master with metaknight if he predicts what metaknight will do well enough. Isn’t the tier list based upon current trends in strategy? doesn’t that mean when it changes then meta knight would suck?

Flag Post

I tried and I hated the lag and time matches, so no. I’ll face you if you want… but I’m almost positive you’ll win.

Nah, if it’s some character I’ve never really used a lot like Zelda, then you’re at an advantage point.

I don’t understand the tier list, any character can beat any other character given the circumstances, a master with ganondorf can beat a master with metaknight if he predicts what metaknight will do well enough. Isn’t the tier list based upon current trends in strategy? doesn’t that mean when it changes then meta knight would suck?

That’s true. But you got to face the fact that there are some that are superior than the rest in brawl and one small advantage means a difference.

Flag Post

Nah, if it’s some character I’ve never really used a lot like Zelda, then you’re at an advantage point. My FC is in my profile.

My entire “style” completely falls apart even with only a half second of lag. It’s so dependent on quick decisions and precision.

That’s true. But you got to face the fact that there are some that are superior than the rest in brawl and one small advantage means a difference.

I believe that some are better in certain things, for example zelda forward b is better at hitting things at a distance without waiting and you could aim it… but there’s no character better than the rest.

I think any character can beat any other character even if they are about the same level of… how good they are (?) If one can guess what the others going to do at critical moments.

I’ve had many sessions where I’ve gone through playing games as a random character playing a random level 9 character, and I usually get out of it with at least 2 lives and little damage. ( I’ve only gone down to 2 lives a few times, but I’ve never had much damage done to me before I finished. and I do 5 lives)

Besides, with my worst characters I still beat my friends with their best. I’ve even looked at that tier list and challenged them with all their best + metaknight with ganondorf. The players skill is the single greatest factor for the outcome of a match.

Flag Post

Tier list doesn’t put skill into account, so one shouldn’t view the list as something reliable in general.

For me, it’s all about pros outweighing its cons and how well it can affect other matchups. For example, Falco here has great projectile, long range in his reflector not to mention it has a tendency to trip people, evil camping abilities, effective spiking aerial, chaingrabs, the ability to Dash Attack Cancel Up Smash, swift attacks, minor landing lag from aerial attacks, has the highest ground jump and a decent side B recovery. He lacks a good vertical recovery move, and probably doesn’t have a variety of killing moves besides his smash attacks. Obviously, he has a lot of pros overall; and we can agree that he has advantages against heavyweights from chaingrabs(Snake, Fox, Charizard), one with slow attacks or easily destroyed by excessive lasers (Bowser, Jigglypuff, Ike) and horrible recovery moves(Link, Lucas, Ness, Olimar).

Flag Post

It’s been forever since I’ve played this game. I still feel the stubborness to participate in this forum. I believe the best is Pit and I don’t really have worst.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SAl37:

WHAT!?!?!? Not even Ocarina of time? (spelling?) Why not!? I don’t care why, you should have played ocarina of time. You know what?

Unfortunately, I was a PlayStation gamer back in my childhood, not a Nintendo fan, so I didn’t play any Super Mario or any old Nintendo franchise games. But I at least have a Wii.

you can download OoT off the shop channel for $10.00, but you need a classic controller or gamecube controller to play it. So what are you waiting for !?!?!

Flag Post

bump.

Flag Post

I don’t have a GameCube controller which is unfortunate seeing that the GC controller actually makes playing SSBB much more effective.

Flag Post

I think the classic controller pro works, and you need it for a bunch of other awesome Wii games, like Monster Hunter Tri and to a lesser extent black ops, which is fun on the Wii, even if it is essentially a downport of the other versions. But you can turn your gun sideways in the Wii version, and kill someone while holding a pistol sideways or holding a crossbow so it looks like a bow and arrow, and you can’t in the others. therefore, the Wii version is best.

Flag Post

bump.

Flag Post

I play as Link, Meta Knight, Luigi, and Wario the most. The worst is probably Lucas and Ice Climbers.

Flag Post

Best- Zero Suit Samus

Worst- Olimar

Flag Post

taboo u never said the best playable character
worst …………………………………………llluuucccaaasss

Flag Post
Originally posted by maxagamerz:

taboo u never said the best playable character
worst …………………………………………llluuucccaaasss

If you tried fighting someone good with tabuu, you would realize that he’s really slow. Also his health bar means only 1 life.

My worst, ice climbers. I know they can be good, but when I play as them and dodge an attack, nana or whoever the girl is always gets hit by it making me that much weaker (as in only half a player, not damage done) until she decides to come back and get hit again. I can’t play another person with them.

Flag Post

The best to me is Pit. I can win anything with him easily,he’s not too heavy,and he’s fast and agile, flexible even. The worst to me is Olimar.He doesn’t really do anything at all. He has some powers, like throwing his little guys. He’s too little and weak, and even when he’s on nasty and my cousin, who is like a total expert at this game, is on weak, I can’t win. I tried everything, but he is too lame. That’s my thoughts on this lol.