Epic War MMO page 2

499 posts

Flag Post

i got a idea CO OP mode each person controls 3 characters of theyr choice and there should be a chat screen

Flag Post

I’d love to see it go back to the style of Epic War 2.
A co-op mode in which you fight some mega boss(es) for potential (epic) rewards would be awesome.
Customizable heroes would also be pretty awesome.

Flag Post

You know what would suck less than a Epic War MMO?

Epic War TD.

Flag Post

Well, maybe he’ll do an epic war td! I personally like the idea. He could make all of his previous ranged units the towers and all the melee ones the creeps.

Flag Post
Originally posted by osanseviero:

Quests. When i say quests, i dont mean like 1 or 2 quests. I mean like a lots of quests (60-70), in which you will need to kill enemies, explore, build, etc.

Making it runescape style would be really great, but i guess that would take too much time, really big servers and money.

But think about it

Which will be a copy of 100% of all MMOs in here, i.e crappy and money-hungry?

Flag Post

Osan, that would be a terrible idea. Sure, side quests for extra units would be good, but runescape style would be AWFUL.

Flag Post
Originally posted by poopsiedoodle:

@maik50 actually, a list of people according to skill would be great, so if people just starting the mmo have played all the other games and have experience from them want to challenge someone with a lot of skill, they can. Also, show 2 of the enemies units so you know a little of what you are challenging. And show if they have a Titan or not. Also, bring back the ew3 titans plz.

I’m sorry to inform but I can’t make any sense out of your post. Second, titans were introduced in Epic War 4

And third: What I got out from your post, here’s reply: It’d be nice to have MMO where you need actual skill rather than patient nerves. MMO’s have always been traditionally more like a grind’o fest where you achieve something by doing same progress all over again. It’d nice to see this tradition (which is a real money machine by the way) to end and change. So far no-one has made actually working hybrid from these genres like strategy, action, RPG and MMO

If you got proper MMO where these genres are smoothly combined witout cons of typical MMO, please send me a link

Flag Post

Actually, they were in ew2, 3, and 4.

Flag Post

Since you seem to like the idea of a hero, how about a more flexible approach to it? You can pick any unit (or at least any titan) for your hero slot. They get a few extra hero advantages, but if they die you lose (there’s only one of these units, perhaps a stronger and/or bigger verson of it, if the original unit had more than one as their population number, but only one). This means you always have an up to date hero that can compete with the other units, instead of an overpowered war machine early in the game and/or a brittle princess later on. I wouldn’t have minded keeping the white tiger from dying in that last game, but I hated keeping the skull knight from dying. Every unit could also have a distinct “hero advantage”, bringing more variety to the game. A succubus hero could increase the other units spawn speed while a golem hero could simply get a big defense for himelf.

I don’t know how the progression through the game would work in an MMO, but I assume you’ll be battling people of about your own XP level, gaining more options and units and fighting human players with more XP as you get further into the game, if it’s like that a system like this still balances out.

I also liked the arrows as seen in part one and two, because they were a second task to pay attention to while managing your army. Five has a pretty much working system for retreating and healing and such, if you can build on that to make the primary army management demand your attention at most times the game does not need such a secondary task. If gameplay on the other hand is going to be simple something like the arrow tower would make a good addition.

As for unit types: good question, I could suggest gnomes with red pointy hats and an explosive wheelbarrow or a crocodile inspired aquatic or amphibic dragon, but honostly I don’t think I could make up better units than you guys do. I’m fine with it as long as the game still has the three main unit types: heavy hitters, fast attackers and ranged units. Those may not have been present in the still awesome part one, but I don’t think the series could do without them today.

So yeah, those are my two cents.

Flag Post

since there is a lot complaining about epicwar 5 art style. We consider to switch it to more realistic . Pls see below. and let me know if you like the new art or not ( dwarf at the right side )

Flag Post

That looks awesome. Yes, with the figures being so big epic war did look a bit colorfull and happy. I understand it will mean a lot of work, but that new dwarf defender looks much more “epic”. (There will still be complaints because OMG YOU CHANGED SOMETHING but I would personally see this as a good change.)

Flag Post

A 2D MMO where the only controls are “charge” and “retreat”? GREATEST IDEA EVARZ!

Flag Post

i think that the bosses shouldn’t be bigger normal units like in ew5 because that gives very ugly bosses.
suggestion make flying units like men at pegasus. or have a spell that summons a very powerfull unit who will dissappear after some time.

ps: sorry if my english isn’t good but i’m from holland

Flag Post

@rudy: backround image seems natural but charachters seems too clumsy and animated. Keep the backround, make units and heroes to look like a movie charachters if possible

Flag Post

@aragix , yeah we will mae exclusive sprites for the boss. And pegasus knight, its already on our list.
@Maik50 , how about this ?

Flag Post

That warg rider looks good.

(They do still need shadows of course, but you knew that.)

Flag Post

I miss the huge battles from the first two games. Epic War just doesn’t seem… epic, anymore.

Flag Post

I like that art style. Gives it a grittier edge that adds to the whole epic theme going on.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rudy_sudarto:

@aragix , yeah we will mae exclusive sprites for the boss. And pegasus knight, its already on our list.
@Maik50 , how about this ?

Looks good, but the units stand out a little too much.

Flag Post

Don’t make MMO. The game is going downhill.

Flag Post

How about a unit that instead of attacking health will lower the enemies stats. For instance the attack, speed, and max health of the unit would lower 5% every 5 seconds (just an example) when they are hit.
In addition to that how about a unit that is able to increase their own stats when idle (not attacking or being attacked). So that when it is doing nothing it increases it’s max health, speed, and attack so that it will be stronger when it actually goes to attack something.
Finally, how about a unit that is even weaker then the hobit (35 health and 5 attack or so), however is twice as fast and is 95% resistant to mele attacks and 75% resistant to magic (0% resistant to arrows, the reason being that the units should be moving too fast for the arrows to hit them)

Flag Post

mus i login for epic war mmo???

or can i just so play?

epic war mmo

Flag Post

how many units will be?

Flag Post

We will develop the game. If you have any idea for the units. ( other than already list at ew5 character ) , list it here.

i have 2 ideas since it will be online the first is a unit(or multiple units ranging in size etc etc) with a shield, strong against archers being able to block ranged attacks, seriously the last thing i want to see is somone who uses goblins/frodo’s and 5 ranged dudes like you would on the collosi and kick my ass cuz i picked a colossi

the second idea is showing damage visually on units, your hero is about to die says the health bar, well that must be why he’s covered in blood moving at half speed with a limp with a flashing CRITICAL red hp bar lol

Flag Post

and what all have you already on the list?