Epic War MMO page 3

499 posts

Flag Post

have you already this units?:a dinosaur,,magician,lion rider,angel warriors,lava monster,big frog,demon warrior,night elf archer,raptors,manticor,yeti,big foot,big turtle,skeleton warrior,human paladin,tiger,werewolf,vampire,zombie,fire cat,ogre,troll,anubis,hobit,goblin,orc warrior,red dragon,aqua elemental,horse knight,death,lich king,dwarf guner

heroes:jesus,black dragon(not so big),angel,triceratops rider,illidan,viegraf,skull knight,devilfenix(some bird with power)
big tree titan,demon lord…

heroes will be 3.units 6.in the battle epic war 5 is for me the best

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by zombienationz:

We will develop the game. If you have any idea for the units. ( other than already list at ew5 character ) , list it here.

i have 2 ideas since it will be online the first is a unit(or multiple units ranging in size etc etc) with a shield, strong against archers being able to block ranged attacks, seriously the last thing i want to see is somone who uses goblins/frodo’s and 5 ranged dudes like you would on the collosi and kick my ass cuz i picked a colossi

the second idea is showing damage visually on units, your hero is about to die says the health bar, well that must be why he’s covered in blood moving at half speed with a limp with a flashing CRITICAL red hp bar lol

I actually thought of this idea too. There should be a shielded unit that 75% resistant to arrows and has a small chance (25% or so) of defllecting the arrows back at the enemy. In every epic war the archers and mages are always overpowerered and it’s incredibly easy to win by just sending ranged units while sending one or two mele. Having one or two units that are able to deflect arrows or magic attacks back at the enemy would discourage archer spamming. not much strategy in that.
While we’re on this subject I’d like to bring back the resistance percentages that were in epic war 2 where every unit was 0-100% resistant to mele, arrows, and magic. As of now every unit takes the same amount of damage no matter who the enemy is and it would add more strategy if some units were more geared toward fighting mele or more geared toward fighting ranged units. For example, in epic war 2 the hobit was basically an archer killing machine. It was the fastest unit and was 75% resistant to archers. However, it sucked when fighting mele units. In the same way the dwarf was awesome vs mele, slow and 50% resistant to mele attacks, but sucked at fighting archers.
Finally, I strongly encourage you to make the ranged units slightly weaker, maybe by about 2/3 because as I said, in every epic war you make the ranged units are overpowered.

 
Flag Post

Just to clarify when i said 2/3 in that last sentence I meant the ranged non-mele units should have 2/3 of the attack power you were orriginally planning on them to have before reading this comment. I didn’t mean for them to be 2/3 weaker.

 
Flag Post

ok

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Tianang:
Originally posted by zombienationz:

We will develop the game. If you have any idea for the units. ( other than already list at ew5 character ) , list it here.

i have 2 ideas since it will be online the first is a unit(or multiple units ranging in size etc etc) with a shield, strong against archers being able to block ranged attacks, seriously the last thing i want to see is somone who uses goblins/frodo’s and 5 ranged dudes like you would on the collosi and kick my ass cuz i picked a colossi

the second idea is showing damage visually on units, your hero is about to die says the health bar, well that must be why he’s covered in blood moving at half speed with a limp with a flashing CRITICAL red hp bar lol

I actually thought of this idea too. There should be a shielded unit that 75% resistant to arrows and has a small chance (25% or so) of defllecting the arrows back at the enemy. In every epic war the archers and mages are always overpowerered and it’s incredibly easy to win by just sending ranged units while sending one or two mele. Having one or two units that are able to deflect arrows or magic attacks back at the enemy would discourage archer spamming. not much strategy in that.
While we’re on this subject I’d like to bring back the resistance percentages that were in epic war 2 where every unit was 0-100% resistant to mele, arrows, and magic. As of now every unit takes the same amount of damage no matter who the enemy is and it would add more strategy if some units were more geared toward fighting mele or more geared toward fighting ranged units. For example, in epic war 2 the hobit was basically an archer killing machine. It was the fastest unit and was 75% resistant to archers. However, it sucked when fighting mele units. In the same way the dwarf was awesome vs mele, slow and 50% resistant to mele attacks, but sucked at fighting archers.
Finally, I strongly encourage you to make the ranged units slightly weaker, maybe by about 2/3 because as I said, in every epic war you make the ranged units are overpowered.

Well after reading your post i suspect that u could in fact have an item to aid in archer defense, simpler then making a new unit and it could work on say a large golem or yeti type, which would promote more formations,.

I also got to thinking about spells, if my mana was full and i could see the other hero, what are the odds of a spell just up and killing it? i think spell immune castles would be the correct way to go for an mmo

 
Flag Post

Sorry for the double post but i just came to the realization that if people pick the same units they would look the same, so you could go as far to say make sins for each type for instance in EW 5 the stone golem guy was basically a yeti, so those are already basically different skins for the same defender, so u could have different races or types of each unit so that players have a chance to actually customize certain aspects of the visuals in game which i’ve noticed people really enjoy doing. i mean even changing a wizards basic colors and calling them ice or fire wizard but all have the same general attack butwith a diff status attached to it or something done through a skin system so u can only have 1 in battle is an interesting idea, goblins and hobbits are about the same thing if u even out their move speed and other stats could make like lil kobolds (waist high bipedal dog thingy) to fill a 3rd character gap etc

 
Flag Post

Hero equips.

Personally I like different equips for the hero.
Weapon, armor, handguard, helmet, etc…



Maybe RPG stat point distribution for the hero? :P

Leadership > Higher damage (minimum & maximum).
Fortitude > Higher health and damage reduction for hero and units.
Haste > Higher run speed and critical rate for hero and units.
Wisdom > Higher mana regeneration and spell cost reduction.


Unit suggestions.

It would be nice if you could add support/Insert word here units that can increase/regenerate or decrease/degenerate any attribute of any unit or hero.

Dreamweaver > Increases magic attack/defense.
Smithmaster > Increases physical attack/defense.
Elementalist > Grants protection from the elements.
Lightbringer > Regenerates units/hero health.
Saboteur > Decreases physical attack/defense.
Decanaut > Decreases magic attack/defense.
Avatar > Minor increase to all attack/defense and regeneration.

 
Flag Post

Please… don’t make a Epic War MMO. It is just going to suck even worse than 3, 4 and 5. You did excellent at 2 rudy, but why did you make it less epic? I’m sorry, but the only good thing you did in 3 4 and 5 was a hero, that got worse in 5. Please focus on the gameplay before graphics. Otherwise this game is gonna go downhill just like the rest.

 
Flag Post

And don’t make any of the things cost kreds. Just a lot of money.

 
Flag Post

We hope it can bring more epic than 3-5 , we want to make it “epic” again . And about kreds , off course there is kreds , its keep us develop the game and feed us. But we try not too greedy to make all things is cost kreds.

 
Flag Post

Hi. As a big fan of Epic War, I wish to see a revenge wave when the castle is like half way down there is a big boss that tries to help and a mode where you can play as the enemy and try to destroy all of mankind. Also there should be new units like a Giant Double Sworded Knight and you should bring back the titans from EW2 and you should let the boss from level 16 and 17 (Guah Hajj and The End) be playable characters. Also when you equip an item i wish that it would show up on the character and also you can like upgrade strength and it makes there muscles bigger. Add like a GIANT Final Boss and make him be like an unknown entity or like a mixture of an angel + devil.

 
Flag Post

Also i hope to see cutscene’s when you are going to destroy a boss like its dying and your give it a final blow and also when it dies you should add a scream at the end and voice overs very important.

 
Flag Post

Well try to make as fast as we can for the battle , maybe the goal is 5-7 minutes each battle , so battlefield will be shorter (maybe like ew2 ) , and there is no revenge waves . Its pure unit V unit which every unit have benefit and weakness .

Do you want hero controable or arrow tower ?

 
Flag Post

Revenge waves for AI were actually fun. The bad thing about having a well-sized army at their castle is that they can never push you back any more. With revenge waves, that tide turns.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by rudy_sudarto:

Do you want hero controable or arrow tower ?

Controllable as the rest of the units, or controllable as like a platformer character? That last option could be fun. But its an absolute necessity that the hero in that case is not a whiny bitch you have to protect all the time. Perhaps he could automatically regenerate health, or just be a bit better armored than in the last few games. Or you could have a hero and a castle, with the hero simply respawning the way other units do when he gets killed. All in all, the hero should feel like a usefull character.

If you feel this cannot be done without unbalancing the game I’dd rather have an arrow tower. I liked the arrow tower. Perhaps the arrow tower could also function as a way to cast (certain) spells. You click on the heal/lightning/ground-opens-up spell or tap its shortkey, and the spell takes effect where the arrow lands. This would increase the ammount of aiming you have to do, and it would prevent you from using spells on the enemy castle or the units directly next to it, but perhaps that would be too much of a defender advantage for a game that’s supposed to last just a few minutes…

 
Flag Post

Yes, that’s one thing I forgot to add. Heroes should be an asset, not a liability. If you need a liability, have a castle (which you could upgrade, of course, to become more of an asset). Epic War 5 was ridiculous in the sense that I was ripping my hairs out trying to run away with my hero in panic if enemies came too close or just simply leaving him at the back. I get that he functions like the castle in earlier games, but if you want him to be a liability rather make him a castle.

And why not have both a hero and an arrow tower? Isn’t the goal of certain MMOs to eventually upgrade everything? People would have to choose which to upgrade first or be forced to leave them both underpowered.

 
Flag Post

@rudy can you please make a beta? Pleas that will help you improve the game and that’s how most games get bigger because people submit there responses and ideas

 
Flag Post

Rudy….PLEASE do not have an arrow tower. This would limit strategy so much. It would discourage early attacks because the players would know that they would get slaughtered. If its like epic war 2 and uses the mana system both players will end up waiting til everything is upgraded/ready and then attack, in other words the first few minutes of every battle would be both players doing nothing and charging up. Removing the arrow tower would encourage early attacks forcing the other player to counter and delaying him from upgrading the mana pool. If it’s going to be like epic war 3-5 where units spawn automatically, then if a tower is included at all I would like it to be very weak, (like the one in epic war 4). And even then, please make it optional to use the tower or not, in other words let players choose whether to have an only unit battle or one including an arrow tower. I personally want to be able to face another player with the same kind of system epic war 2 had, but without the arrow tower.
As for the hero…..I personally think its unnessisary…its ok I guess. If you use it definately give it much more HP then you’ve given them in the previous epic wars. I actually wouldnt mind it being like epic war 5 where the units go and attack the hero to win. That or castle would be fine.

 
Flag Post

I have a question though, you said you’re going to keep the card system for this? Does that mean that thell automatically spon and then we would control each group? I personally would like it to be like epic war 1 and 2 where you send 1 unit at a time. You can keep the cards but then have ther icons at the bottom and then the players would click the icon when they wanted that unit to be summoned, like epic war’s one and two.

 
Flag Post

@ Tianang : it would be like ew1 and 2 , auto forward after summoning them , that way , balancing will be easier and gameplay less to finish , not going more than a thousand seconds to finish one battle .

 
Flag Post

If you want to make your epic war really ‘epic’, please, bring back the battle from EW1 and 2

Like in this way:
Instead of waiting your units, you should summon them by spending some specific resources. There should be structures which would produce resources for you

And then you should be able to upgrade your units inside the battle instead of directly bringing your upgraded (OP) units at the battle field

By implementing these features alone and well desgined, you can get a decent epic war

 
Flag Post

I actually liked how the advancing and retreating worked in the last entry. I think that wouldn’t be bad at all to keep for an MMO.

 
Flag Post

@malik
I think the mana system would work just fine. If you start summoning solders using 4 or 5 different recourses, which you need to make buildings to produce, that would over-complicate the game. Not to mention increase the time it would take to win considerably, and as Rudy said he wants to keep game length between 5-10 minutes. It’s an interesting idea, but I don’t think it would work well for this game in particular.
@weirdoinventor the ony problem with the advance/retreat function is that you would then have to control units in groups, which would limit strategy. It would be incredibly dificult create a system where players could make one unit at a time advance/retreat when there are 50+ units on the field. What he currently is doing is having a system like epic war 2 where the units you chose will be at the bottom and then you summon them individually one at a time. Then they will go forward automatically. Adding an advance/retreat function for this type of system would be hard to do while making it strategically useful.

 
Flag Post

@rudy
Does this mean your bringing back the mana system from epic war 1 and 2 as well where you use mana to summon units?
If so are you still going to include spells? Using mana to summon both units and spells would be difficult. Are you thinking of having a separate mana bar for spells?
Btw I am not for or against spells. If you do not include them I will not cry over it. Im more concerned with unit on unit battle.

 
Flag Post

@Tianang : spell and units cast by mana :)