Epic War MMO page 4

499 posts

Flag Post

@rudy k but problem is, not all of us can get kreds (or at least I can’t). And I agree. You should make it in mutliplayer, ur in a lobby when u join the game, and you pick a game mode: With Hero, With Arrow Tower, Without Hero, With Arrow Tower, With Hero, Without Arrow Tower, Or Without both if possible.

Flag Post

Basically making 2, 4, or more game modes.

Flag Post

I kinda agree with notlol about the kreds. I am aware that you need kreds to feed the game, however, many of us, including me, do not have a job and are not through college yet and are not able to get kreds, (cause we have no money.)
So I think you should make the game available to everyone for free and then have maybe 5 units and 5 spells that you would need to buy with kreds to be able to use. That way everyone can play the game, and you will still get enough kreds to feed it. But don’t make the units that you need to buy to use too much better then the normal ones, otherwise it would make it so anyone with cash will be the winner.

Flag Post

Exactly. Problem is, I might not get kreds in forever :(

Flag Post

The most succesfull games often use credit for flavor, it doesn’t give you much of an advantage, but it looks awesome. That way it’s fun to watch for those not paying and playing against it too. Something like unicorns could be credit-creatures, drawing rainbows all over the place and making people say “what the fuck”, while also being a good alternative to warg riders and other cavalary units, but without being unbeatable.

Perhaps it’s even much simpler, you could just let people pay so that they can change the color schemes of all their units, and perhaps their size too, or you could let them “finetune” the units stats, moving a few health points to attack or vice versa. Or you could let them upload a picture to be used as a flag on top of their castle or something. The possibilities are endless, as long as they are extra options nobody expects to get in the free version.

I never buy any kind of ingame money, but I don’t mind others paying for a bit of an advantage if its funny to watch…

Flag Post

Upgrading in game for ew 2 was TERRIBLE! Please Rudy do not do it that way. Also, having units cost mana makes the game take alot longer because all you do for the first part is save up mana to send a wave of units. I prefered it alot better the ew 3, 4, and 5 way.

Flag Post

@thecabe
well your outnumbered then. Most people prefer the first two. And it won’t necisarily make it take longer. For one thing there was no speed up button for the first two. And second, the innitial starting mana for each level was really low. If the initial mana you start with is raised by say 2.5 it won’t take as long.
Also, without an arrow tower people won’t spend the first few minutes saving up mana because people would then be able to do early attacks. Yes you’d be upgrading mana but you’d also be attacking at the same time, adding more strategy to the game because you would have to know when to attack and when to save and upgrade.
As for upgrading in game, I really don’t mind. I don’t know why so many people have a problem with that. But I’m assuming he’ll make it like epic war 1 where all units are fully upgraded and available from the start of the battle.

Flag Post

@thecabe
try playing level 14 on epic war 2 without using the arrow tower and see what I mean. You have to both attack and upgrade mana at the same time, adding strategy. Also imagine the starting mana being 5,000 (2,000 *2.5) and having a speed up *4 button. That’s what I imagine it’ll be like (besides the fact that all units will probably be available and fully upgraded from the start of the match.) This way, battles will easily take only 5-10 minutes.

Flag Post

@thecabe
Your ideas are terrible.
Epic War 2 is the second most strategy-involving game I have ever played, the first being Final Fantasy X. The long battles really added to the epicness, and the upgrade in battle made the noobs quit playing it, so they could look for easier ways to get badges. Also the in-battle upgrading made it more strategic so you could upgrade what you needed and not flood the map with units for an easy 1 min. victory. #5 was the second best out of the series, except for the clumsy graphics.

@Rudy
I beg you, PLEASE bring back the EW2 style. PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Weirdoinventor:

The most succesfull games often use credit for flavor, it doesn’t give you much of an advantage, but it looks awesome. That way it’s fun to watch for those not paying and playing against it too. Something like unicorns could be credit-creatures, drawing rainbows all over the place and making people say “what the fuck”, while also being a good alternative to warg riders and other cavalary units, but without being unbeatable.

Perhaps it’s even much simpler, you could just let people pay so that they can change the color schemes of all their units, and perhaps their size too, or you could let them “finetune” the units stats, moving a few health points to attack or vice versa. Or you could let them upload a picture to be used as a flag on top of their castle or something. The possibilities are endless, as long as they are extra options nobody expects to get in the free version.

I never buy any kind of ingame money, but I don’t mind others paying for a bit of an advantage if its funny to watch…

If you make a unicorn, make it like this

Flag Post

I actually would like longer battles. See, what I liked about My Little Army is that there was more than just a castle versus castle kind of setup. You actually had to explore the land (even though it could be much more epic than that, My Little Army still had quite small maps). You had to fight off enemies that they sent at you like you could send your troops, but there were also some of them, and especially bosses, on the field already.

It might complicate it too much, but it’s what I personally prefer.

Flag Post

@darkruler I doubt you’ll be disappointed at battle length. 5-10 minutes is alot longer then you think, that means you’d get in about 8 battles per hour. I think that’s pretty good. Also, you are right that it would be too hard to incorporate units on the battle from the start since its not an AI your facing this time but an actual player. It would over-complicate things.
@poopsiedoodle I agree I kind of liked the upgrade in game function from epic war 2. However, most people don’t like this function, and Rudy would get alot of criticism if he did it this way. That’s why I’m assuming he’ll make it like epic war 1 where you upgrade pre-battle and then the’ll already be available and upgraded once the battle starts. But from the looks of things Rudy has finalized the dicision to bring back practically everything from epic war 2. The only things that he hasn’t made clear are whether or not he’s including an arrow tower (which I don’t want), whether units will be upgraded pre-battle or during battle, and whether or not he’s using the resistance percentages that were in epic war 2 (25% resistant to mele or 50% resistant to arrows ect.) I think the only things that he kept from epic war 3-5 is the card system and the graphics.

Flag Post

@rudy that reminds me I might as well clear this up so I know for sure.
Are units going to be upgraded in battle like epic war 2 or pre-upgraded like epic war 1
also, you hinted that each unit will have strengths and weaknesses. Does that mean that certain units will be resistant to mele, arrows, and magic like epic war 2?

Flag Post
Originally posted by arch675:

there should b an almost undefeatable boss @ the end of every lvl

Well, it wouldn’t be an MMO if it was an AI, because he can’t make users automatically have a boss. He can only do that with an AI.

Flag Post

I kind of have to agree with Tianang that in MMO’s, lengthened battles are for bad.
In the other, I will stick into my resource system suggestion. 2-3 different resources should be enough, and gathering infinitely resources shouldn’t be point of the game. Instead, you use specific units for each situation. That will bring some skill factor in rudys game

Despite game would invlove resource system, does not mean that each battle would be over lengthened

Flag Post

@malik the only way I think that would really work would be if there were two recources, one for units and one for spells.
Rudy already said he’s using the mana system for both units and spells, and personally I think that might get a little complicated using the same mana bar for both units and spells, though not impossible and that would definately add some more strategy since you would have to know when to use a spell and when to use a unit since they both use the same mana bar.
But you can ask him directly about it. He generally responds when people ask him a direct question. Just start it with @rudy.
But as for using different recourses for units only, I still think it would lengthen battles by at least 2-3 minutes. Especially when a unit requires more then one resource. The enemy might demolish the building you were using to produce one resource, and then you can’t summon half your units because you’re defitiant in that resource only. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about because I’ve played recource dependent games before.
If the idea is implimented at all, I’m guessing rudy would be only able to do 2 resources max just to keep it from getting over-complicated. But again, you can ask him about it.
Personally, I would prefer just sticking to the mana system though.

Flag Post

The only way I could ever see any other resources then many as usefull if you had to collect them on the battlefield, which means you need to control a certain ammount of the battlefield and spend mana (and time) to collect the resource. This might stimulate people to attack eraly instead of using a opassive playstyle. And even then I’dd probably prefer some sort of “mana wells” to a second resource.

On the other hand, if you need a second resource to build the bigger units (bosses and stuff), that might add something. For instance: hobbit costs just mana, big cavalary units cost mana and a bit of “substance 2” and for the bosses you pay half or more of their cost in substance 2. That way it could still be a bit like you’re upgrading units in game, the stronger ones don’t appear until later.

Flag Post

@Tianang : I think upgrade will be like EW3 . And the upgradable is player only . Unit will be in fix stat because we want to provide a lot of unit , so make it upgradable is hard to balancing .

Btw, comparing stage at EW5 , do you prefer the stage proportion is like this one ?

Flag Post

@rudy the stage proportion seems a little off. I think the units should be slightly taller, (just slightly, maybe 20%, reason being if you look in the background the solders aren’t even as tall as the bushes behind them) and the map should be about 33% longer, (not stretched, just 33% more). With that said the player should only be able to see 40% of the entire map during gameplay (to keep it from looking too stretched) and then they scroll right and left to see the rest.
Also, again, will you be bringing back the resistance percentages from epic war 2 where units will be resistant to mele, arrows, and magic? I know you have a similar system in epic war 5 where units are resistant to slice, pierce, ect but the stats (strong, weak) aren’t as specific as saying 25% or 50%, nor do they specify mele or ranged units.
Just to clarify, units will not be able to be upgraded and they will have the same stats the entire game. (I have nothing wrong with that, I’m just making sure)
And by only the player being upgraded, do you mean the hero, (if there is one) or do you mean that a player will level up based on kills and victories over other players ect?

Flag Post

Player will have stats .

Btw this is still resized BG ( around 50% ) But hope you can see that no more oversize unit like at ew5 .

Flag Post

http://media.strategywiki.org/images/d/dc/FFX_Ixion.jpg

i like him but make some elf or human on him to ride him

Flag Post
Originally posted by rudy_sudarto:
Btw, comparing stage at EW5 , do you prefer the stage proportion is like this one ?

That whole screen is going to be what, like 2 times higher ingame? I guess that would work. There is a balance to be found somewhere between a great battlefield full of tiny units and not blurring your artwork by making it to small.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rudy_sudarto:

@Tianang : I think upgrade will be like EW3 . And the upgradable is player only . Unit will be in fix stat because we want to provide a lot of unit , so make it upgradable is hard to balancing .

Rudy. Your art continues to amaze me. Zoom it in a little, and it’ll be perfect.

Flag Post

queen erithrea is gonna go into this game, right? she was awesome!

I think you should bring back every unit of course, except for the duplicates such as totems and succubuses, which are the same things with different name

Flag Post

O, and by the way, since the slightly ridiculous idea of unicorns got picked up so nicely, some more suggestions:

Buckriders:

White women:

Flying ghost ship:

(potential scale issues here)

I’d suggest a Satyr too, but that’s probably to close to a devil.

(No, I’m not nationalistic at all in my suggestions, why would you think that?)