Cactus McCoy 2 thread

139 posts

Flag Post

We need to start gathering hints and tips for Cactus McCoy 2. Anyone found all of the hidden treasures yet?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kickaha:

We need to start gathering hints and tips for Cactus McCoy 2. Anyone found all of the hidden treasures yet?

Danaroth has.

And I’m having more trouble with the treasures than I did with the first one. I’m already at 40 challenges, but only 31 treasures so far.

Flag Post

This might be a good place to gather them http://cactusmccoy.wikia.com/wiki/Cactus_McCoy_Wiki

Flag Post

just got the hard badge.

I have to say, that was a lot of fun.

Flag Post

The game has definitely improved since the last game. Seriously, death by eggs? Death by a Butterfly Net? It’s definitely awesome :D

Flag Post

Also, firecrackers are my most favourite weapon, and I recommend using them whenever you get them. Anyone else like these?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Adrokila:

Also, firecrackers are my most favourite weapon, and I recommend using them whenever you get them. Anyone else like these?

Not huge on thrown weapons in general, although my favorite is the fuse bomb. <3 power tools, especially the crocodile.

Flag Post

My favourite is the chainsaw. Followed closely by my fists.

Flag Post

Actually, I’ve been mastering every weapon on every level so far and I just got up to level 4. The chainsaw is pretty epic, and I discovered a handy little trick with will save effort and time.

First, get a chainsaw.
Then, go up to an enemy and press S (or whatever your attack button is)
Then, immediately jump. Instant-smash to space, and you get all the money that you would normally get from juggling.

I don’t know if this can be done with other weapons, but because of this trick I definitely love to have a chainsaw at the start of every level :D

Flag Post

Actually, I’ve been mastering every weapon on every level so far and I just got up to level 4. The chainsaw is pretty epic, and I discovered a handy little trick with will save effort and time.

First, get a chainsaw.
Then, go up to an enemy and press S (or whatever your attack button is)
Then, immediately jump. Instant-smash to space, and you get all the money that you would normally get from juggling.

I don’t know if this can be done with other weapons, but because of this trick I definitely love to have a chainsaw at the start of every level :D

Thrusting weapons… Any thrusting weapons (all power tools I think) can do it.

Flag Post

This might sound stupid but how do you master weapons?

Flag Post

You can master weapons by getting enough kills with it. And you just need to deal the killing blow with that weapon for it to count.

Flag Post
Originally posted by stairwalker:

You can master weapons by getting enough kills with it. And you just need to deal the killing blow with that weapon for it to count.

And can bare fists be mastered?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cammy_Justice:
Originally posted by stairwalker:

And can bare fists be mastered?

No. That being said, I still prefer bare fists to a lot of the weapons.

Flag Post

How do I get the final treasure on Dustbin Road?

Flag Post

Does anyone know where you get an explosive weapon of some sort to destroy the blocks leading down at the bottom of the first part of Calamity Cave? You cannot go back once you leave, so the explosive weapon that can destroy the blocks must be there somewhere.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Flooded:

How do I get the final treasure on Dustbin Road?

It’s in the final bit, where you fight the, um, is it clowns on that level? Not sure. Anyway, you have to use two crates to climb up in two different places. One place has the treasure, the other has a switch that opens the door that the treasure is behind.

So far I’ve got all the treasures and challenges from the first 5 levels, and the 5th treasure on the 5th level was the hardest.

Flag Post

I’m sure I’m just being blind, but I can’t find the butterfly net for level 3. Any pointers?

Flag Post

It’s near the beginning — drop down into the first pit (not the one where you start, the next one), and it’s on a ledge up to your left.

Flag Post

Where is the switch to activate the platforms in the last room of Calamity Cave? After you defeat the “kodiaks” and you could run down to the finish there is a level above that room with steel crates and platforms. But they are folded down and you can’t use them to climb up to whatever is above.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Procyonpi:

I’m sure I’m just being blind, but I can’t find the butterfly net for level 3. Any pointers?

Just like Lou said, you need to drop down into the first pit, and then look for the rocket. Take that up and the ledge on your left will have the net.

Flag Post

How do I get to the second treasure on level 5 – Southwind Express? I’ve found all the other ones, plus 17/20 curtains I just need the last treasure and the last three curtains up there I can see. :( Any help?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Flooded:

How do I get to the second treasure on level 5 – Southwind Express? I’ve found all the other ones, plus 17/20 curtains I just need the last treasure and the last three curtains up there I can see. :( Any help?

I think there are only 2 curtains up there along with the treasure, but you need to take the second chest that you can squash a baddie with (the one of the roof you push left down a hole) and push it right so you can use it to jump up on some chimneys on the next carriage.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Procyonpi:

Just like Lou said, you need to drop down into the first pit, and then look for the rocket. Take that up and the ledge on your left will have the net.

Yeah, I got that last night. Thanks!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kickaha:

Does anyone know where you get an explosive weapon of some sort to destroy the blocks leading down at the bottom of the first part of Calamity Cave? You cannot go back once you leave, so the explosive weapon that can destroy the blocks must be there somewhere.

Near the end of the first area, jump to the platform to your left, there’s a chain that you can only jump to grab when you’re standing on a boulder. Use it to get to a thrower enemy and a barrel which contains cherry bombs. Or simply choose some bombs as your starting weapon.