lab of the dead ending

29 posts

Flag Post

i played lab of the dead to almost the end. but i am at 99,3% research and can not find anything left to do. the objectives tab says, that there are no more objectives and i will leave the lab as soon as i can. but i can not find the end.

Flag Post

There’s no end, just do the 100% completion.

Flag Post

A shame since I would have rated this game a 5 if it had had a decent ending.
Because of no ending at all, it’s getting a 3 at most. Maybe less.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DCJazz:

That’s really stupid, a very, very dissapointing ending that ruined the point of the entire game could take down the score by one, but no ending taking it down by 2 (or more) is over the top.

Flag Post

I think there was an ending – the ending was just that he failed. The end “cutscene” if you want to call it that was SPOILER WARNING when the scientist killed Wood and his men. That point basically served as the end of the game. But because the dev probably intended for people to continue with the game after the main storyline ended, the game didn’t “finish” there. It also says “continued in road of the dead” ^^.

Flag Post

for sure there is an ending. there is a cutscene (where you kill everyone) like gnomeboy said. after that ending you are able to keep on playing and reach 100% and make more tests or whatever.

Flag Post

Is there any difference in the plot if you don’t completely blow it when Wood shows up? I was doing a bunch of high aggression tests at that point… I’m sure showing him a zombie tearing apart a bunch of dead animals didn’t help my case.

Flag Post

completing the game does absolutely nothing. When I reached the “ending” I didn’t even realise. I played for 2 more hours reaching 100% completion realising nothing more happens. It was very disappointing I hoped for some reward, some story, some cutscene, anything really but absolutely nothing happens when you reach 100% completion.

Very sad. That was the reason I had to take minimum 1 point of the rating, leaves a bitter taste after quitting the game for good.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dubesor:

… I played for 2 more hours reaching 100% completion realising nothing more happens. … but absolutely nothing happens when you reach 100% completion.

i dont want to sound to noobish, but i cant even get 100% completion. 99,3% and nothing more to do. i have seen all reactions, inlcuding the reactions to human flesh and resaerched everything. … am i too blind?

Flag Post
Originally posted by TechSmurf:

Is there any difference in the plot if you don’t completely blow it when Wood shows up? I was doing a bunch of high aggression tests at that point… I’m sure showing him a zombie tearing apart a bunch of dead animals didn’t help my case.

i think i remember showing wood some calm advanced reactions (like eating a kebab in a controlled manner – lol). after 5 reactions he shouted “you call that results?!?!” and left. later he and a grunt came and shot my highly conditioned zombie. she already could stroke a cat, without trying to eat it and i was teaching her to give me a bj. at that point i decided to kill wood and all my human companions.
and after feeding their limbs to a new subject, and seeing all its reactions, i am stuck at 99,3% and can not find anything else to do. no reactions left, nothing to research. HELP?!?

Flag Post
Originally posted by satansFinger:

i think i remember showing wood some calm advanced reactions (like eating a kebab in a controlled manner – lol). after 5 reactions he shouted “you call that results?!?!” and left. later he and a grunt came and shot my highly conditioned zombie. she already could stroke a cat, without trying to eat it and i was teaching her to give me a bj. at that point i decided to kill wood and all my human companions.
and after feeding their limbs to a new subject, and seeing all its reactions, i am stuck at 99,3% and can not find anything else to do. no reactions left, nothing to research. HELP?!?

perhaps you have achievements yet to complete?

Flag Post

I performed brand new advanced reactions for wood and he still shot my happy starving zombie.

Flag Post

I had already found every reaction (except spoiler warning things to do with human meat, obviously) when Wood came (I grinded early, expecting the game’s ending to be coming) and I did the most advanced and passive I could think of – I don’t think there’s an alternate ending because even a zombie playing a guitar wasn’t enough to make him happy. :|

Flag Post

holy dick ball fuck this is annoying. I spent the last two FULL DAYS playing this game, telling myself that I’ll start studying for my Spanish final once I finish this seemingly short flash game. As it turns out, I finished hours ago, but spent the rest of the time trying to get an ending by finding every possible combination of 100% – 0% mood, hunger and humanity, finding the combo which turns them back into humans (the cure, obvs). But NOOOOOOOOO I’m not even granted a simple cutscene which explicitly states that I have reached some sort of ending or game over. Not even an achievement saying 100% GAME COMPLETION. fuck this game. it was fun, until we all got h/c trolled.

Flag Post

Any game that makes you feel really frustrated, wether it is while playing it, or because of its insulting ending, especially a game that involves a lot of tedious grinding, definitely deserves a 1 in my book, no matter if the game interface, graphics, sounds, concept, etc., is well done or not.

A balloon, no matter how appealing at first sight, needs only one big gaping whole to be wholly ruined.

Flag Post

Yeah the game definitely was a load of grinding. I’d definitely agree that the last cut scene was probably the ending, although it would of been interesting if there were a few different ways it could of ended. Maybe giving you reason to play it different ways. Or if when you got 100% research some big ending about controlling the zombies. Whether it be creating a cure, controlling an army of them, spending the rest of existence playing cards with them. Would be cool to have a quick cut scene. Considering how much grinding the game has, I’d probably never play long enough to reach it though =P And jstev58, it’d be a hell of an endurance ending to get 100%, could be nice though.

Flag Post

Any game that makes you feel really frustrated, wether it is while playing it, or because of its insulting ending, especially a game that involves a lot of tedious grinding, definitely deserves a 1 in my book, no matter if the game interface, graphics, sounds, concept, etc., is well done or not.

I give games an automatic 1/5 when the third letter in the second word is a B. Sorry, developers, you had it coming.

The ending was fine. As long as you do the game properly, you can reach it easily within a few hours too.

Flag Post

That… was probably one of the worst endings to an otherwise great game.

(Hint: You can add alternate endings. Developers do it all the time! Look at silent hill, dead rising, resident evil… even if it does not match up chronologically with the series, give us some hope!)

P.S.: I totally got the rip from the old 1980s land of the dead… I loved that movie, and how it’s nothing like Romero’s original script. Go watch it! Now! :p

Flag Post

I think the developer was trying to make the ending this way as an allusion to how real life rarely has happy endings… However, in light of a game like this which requires grinding, I feel that the developer could have put in a little more effort into rewarding those who tried for 100% completion with more satisfying endings, rather than end off with a abrupt, disappointing ending. Personally I didn’t bother to go for 100% completion because I got bored and I had also read the comments, some of which had mentioned a similar issue.

Flag Post

Now at first I believed it to be horrible as an ending as well, loving the game so much.

But then I looked back, and said “It has no ending….What if it doesn’t end there?” although it still doesn’t explain a lack of ending scene, maybe its because a sequel, or a tied in game is in the making?

Flag Post
Originally posted by will222:
Originally posted by DCJazz:

That’s really stupid, a very, very dissapointing ending that ruined the point of the entire game could take down the score by one, but no ending taking it down by 2 (or more) is over the top.

Are you the rating police?

I’ll be honest, the ambiguous ending really didn’t impress me but I still gave it a 5/5. Also, to correct something mentioned previously in this thread, this game starts close to the time period that Road of the Dead takes place; however, Road of the Dead is more likely the prequel since you still have lots to do even after !!! the nuke is launched (which marks the end of RotD).

Flag Post

gave it a 5/5

good VOICED story, the zombies react to each item slightly differently which i found amusing. yes its a grind, but if you hate grinds, then i presume you also hate every rpg that has ever existed?

i felt like the game accomplishes what its trying too accomplish really well, very few rpg/adventure games have a compelling story. after 5 minutes my thinking was that this game was gonna suck, but after giving it a try i got very engrossed into it. i found myself looking forward to the next voiced plot segment.

to me, a game that makes you want to follow the story all the way to the end in one sitting is a mark of a good game. sure the gameplay itself is on the boring side, but this game was very story driven and had some amusing zombie reactions.

i can understand some giving it even as low as a 3/5, but to give it lower imo is just being a hater.

took me a couple hours to beat the main game, i did not bother continuing after i got all the badges.

Flag Post

there is an alternate ending. after killing the soldiers you have to get a zombie that you’ve had awhile and make it very friendly and human-like. then you give it the human flesh. you’ll get an alternate ending.

Flag Post

I just finished lab of the dead and i agree. it was a lot of grinding and there was no alternate ending also (SPOILER WARNING) the protagonist turns out to be John creasman’s (the protagonist of Road of the dead) brother.

Flag Post

I was a little confused at the strategy of the ending, but for those who are confused about getting 100% research, you have to research each individual specimen. At least that’s how i did it at the end.