Best RTS game?

170 posts

Flag Post

For me its C&C generals… whats yours?

Flag Post

STAR CRAFT 2!
or if it sucks then starcraft :P

Flag Post

i’v only ever played starcraft once, and i have to admit, i wasnt very good at it

Flag Post

even though im horrible at it, i love the game Age of Mythology. But i cant win without cheat codes…..

Flag Post

yeah, i really enjoyed age of mythology, i like the simple map creator too

Flag Post

I think it WILL be Halo Wars, imo. We’ll have to see.

Flag Post

Is Halo wars an RTS? Wow, i might have to give it a try :D

Flag Post

hmmm… i can’t name the Best one, although i do love

Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Age of Mythology – they are allawesome (can’t wait for diablo 2 and starcraft 2 tho XD)

Flag Post

diablo 2 is out….i think you mean 3?

diablo 2, divine divinity (just like diablo only more of a story), halo, COD4

never played age of mythology, link please?

Flag Post

I think Age of Empire is for sure the best

Flag Post

Halo Wars

a console rts? seriously?

Flag Post

Warcraft 3

Flag Post

I’d have to go with either…

Warlords Battlecry III – It’s just like most other RTS games but you get a hero that you can level up, equip, etc. Tons of different races and stuff to do.

Empire Earth – I’m unable to play II and III on my computer, but the first one is really good. You start in the Prehistoric Age (like most other RTS games), but you can advance all the way to: Atomic Modern Age, Digital Age, Nano Age, and Space Age. Goes beyond other most other RTS games.

Flag Post

I’m surprised no one’s mentioned Dawn of War yet. For me the top two are DoW and Starcraft. Age of Mythology was pretty good too (and my CD broke unfortunately).

Flag Post

Warcraft 3 and Starcraft are good but Dawn of War is probably my favourite. I have’t played Starcraft 2 yet though.

Age of Empires is okay but I don’t really like the new ones in the series.

I haven’t played Empire Earth or C&C but I’ve heard that they are good so I need to get my hands on them. I also need to get Halo Wars when it comes out.

Flag Post

Starcraft

Flag Post

Starcraft. A 1990 game that beats almost every Age f Empire game or World of Warcraft.

Flag Post

personally, i like red alert 2.

Flag Post

starcraft is the best i say

Flag Post

Age of Empires. Idc what version

Flag Post

C&C I like them all pretty much the same

Flag Post

halo, COD4

This is what a RTS is.

Anyway, it depends. I think that Starcraft is the most fun to play the normal mode against humans, Warcraft 3 is the most fun to play mods with, and Command and Conquer is the most fun to play against the computer. Those are the 3 I’ve played. I prefer turn-based strategy, myself.

Flag Post

I very much enjoyed Sins of a Solar Empire.

But that’s because I’m more of a 4X player than an RTS one. I’m just coming down to the end of a month-long Galactic Civilizations game.

Flag Post

Starcraft is still the best multiplayer RTS.

Warcraft 3 had a great story and single player campaign but the vanilla multiplayer is awful. Warlords Battlecry 3 is what Warcraft 3 should have been.

I’ve heard nothing but good about SoSE, but I was under the impression it was a lot more of a 4x game. Interesting.

Flag Post

Warcraft 3

love that game, except the map creator kinda sux…