Best RTS game? page 2

170 posts

Flag Post

halo wars indeed

Flag Post

Gotta be either War 3 or SC.

I really like Dawn of War, which is probably the coolest looking RTS I’ve ever played, but trying to micromanage in that game is JUST BRUTAL.

Flag Post

Rome: Total War, but when Empire: Total War comes out goodbye Rome,

Flag Post

Warcraft 2. At least it’s the RTS game that I’ve played more than anything else.

Flag Post

Probably the little-known Total Annihilation. One of the best games I have ever played.

Flag Post

A game that no one knows but battle realms was alright but my favourite would be empire earth

Flag Post

First of all, Halo Wars does not look good. It for once, looks pretty bad. Its only for console Xbox 350, which is even more ridiculous, I didn’t see any groundbreaking concepts or fun gameplay. It just looks like all the Halo battles, excpet in bigger scale. Despite the time zone that Halo Wars was way before Halo 1, the settings and characters are not making any sense. There is a HUGE story gap, and if you look even more carefully, and check out the books that are all about Halo, you can see that it doesn’t make any sense. Spartans weren’t even deployed in battle, and they weren’t even given the ability to hack. The abilities dont’ make any sense.

Flag Post

rts?

And

First of all, Halo Wars does not look good. It for once, looks pretty bad. Its only for console Xbox 350, which is even more ridiculous, I didn’t see any groundbreaking concepts or fun gameplay. It just looks like all the Halo battles, excpet in bigger scale. Despite the time zone that Halo Wars was way before Halo 1,

Dude, 350? Really

Flag Post

dumb topic

Flag Post

Age Of Empires II, hands down. AoE III wasn’t bad, but AoE II: I will never forget you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uglymcstick:

dumb topic

I think it is a pretty good topic…

Flag Post

i suck at rts but i luv starcarft

Flag Post

Age of Empires II, war craft II&III, Starcraft and to go retro Dune II.

I wondered: is rainbow six or commandos RTS?
Rainbow six could be played as FPS, but it is still strategic planning your team, more of a micromanagent RTS. Commandos is the same (besides the fps bit).

Flag Post

AOE2, although I would hopelessly die if I tried to play it online now. At one time I used to be able to do it…

Flag Post

Age of mythology: The editor is the best part of it, the maps that are made with it are far better than any other RTS i have played, they are just brilliant, and the multiplayer is still active after 7 years of its launch.

SoaSE: Mixing the 4X and RTS genres was a quite impressing feat, and dont get me started on DANMAN´s mod

Flag Post

… Supreme Commander? It gave me the feeling that I won or lost through tactics, and not through memorisation of strategies.

Flag Post

Age of Empires II

Flag Post

console wars for me

Flag Post

Hard to tell. Either Halo Wars, Or Age of Mythology.

Flag Post

How can say you Halo Wars is the best, when it isn’t even out yet??? Even then it needs weeks of playing to test replayability wich is an important part of most games.

Flag Post

Haven’t you heard? If it says “Halo” on it, it’s omfg teh best. And definitely not a decent but completely overhyped offering praised mostly by fanboys. I mean, seriously, it’s Halo.

And a console RTS. Those turn out pretty well.

Flag Post

Stronghold series are the best ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xarthok:

Stronghold series are the best ;)

Stronghold Crusader was the high point and the others were good until they destroyed the series with Stronghold 2, terrible terrible game.

Flag Post

I love Army Men RTS

Flag Post

Dawn Of War Dark Crusade is best than C&C general but C&C general Zero Hour is more best than Dawn Of War Dark Crusade