Best RTS game? page 3

170 posts

Flag Post

starcraft hands down for me
but warcraft 3 is fairly close 2nd

I’m a blizzard fan except that it pisses me off that they pull in billions a month from WoW and yet they can’t even spend the money to have a sure release date for SC2

Flag Post

Halo Wars

Flag Post

I like most RTS’s but the ones that stood out were: Warcraft 3, Starcraft, AOE II & III and Rise of Nations, im suprised no one mentioned that one.

Flag Post

Without a doubt starcraft, however second goes to Red Alert 2. Damn I haven’t played Rise of Nations in ages :P.

Flag Post

starcraft and sc2 when its out MY LIFE FOR AIUR

Flag Post

X Com. It’s nearly 20 years old, it still beats down everything since.

Flag Post

C&C (Original) and C&C Red Alert.
Can’t beat the classics.

Flag Post

DOTA

Flag Post
Originally posted by Noobfromhell:

Starcraft

/thread

Flag Post

age of mythology and halo wars.more towards age of mythology because you actually need to manage more then just a army.you have to manage peasents and ox carts and so on…..halo wars is all about fighting.that`s why i like it!

Flag Post

The only innovative idea I can see Blizzard having given to the genre is units levelling up, and even that I can’t say for sure if it is right. And now they’re making yet another RTS with nothing new or interesting to the genre, and I can see people buying it, too.

Personally I prefer RTS games such as World in Conflict and Dawn of War 2, with no base building, but instead focus on maneuvering on the battlefield and microing. Instant action, no turtling.

Flag Post

Starcraft definitely. Really nice balancing between the different races and great multiplayer 1v1 mode.

On a sidenote dreamlords is interesting too. Free MMORTS that mixes standard RTS fights and management/planning of researches on a 2 month period.

Flag Post

Huge Bump Is huge

Starcraft rocks. i hope starcraft 2 i out before next year.

Flag Post

Company of Heros is really good. Warcraft and all the other by the same company as Company of Heros are similar is controls but different and very good. Well rounded games. lots of different series themes so you can play want one your in to.

Flag Post

Dawn of War too.

Flag Post

SpellForce: The Order Of Dawn.Although it is an adventure game,it also has RTS into it.Mainly because of the monuments.

Flag Post

1.Age of Empires II
2.Rise of the Nations
3.Rise and Fall
4.Dune 2000 !!!
5.Warcraft 3

Flag Post

Spellforce and Spellforce 2.
I like having some heros which level up through a campaign.

Another one I liked (and I couldn’t see being mentioned here) is Conquest Frontier Wars.
Not the most innovative or best graphics, but it like the flair.

And of course SC is at least in top 10 for me.

Worth mentioning might be Submarine Titans.
I enjoyed the different approach. Different levels of depth to operate in an nice ideas. But released with a broken campaign and never fixed…

Flag Post

my fav is a battle of age of mythology and starcraft im a halo fan but it sucks

Flag Post

One of my old time favorites is an RTS game. The name is literaly “RTS”. I love it.
Photobucket

Then the Lord of the rings: “Battle for middle earth”. Found on the PC and XBOX-360.
Photobucket

Flag Post

Dawn Of War whole series. Gonna do II real soon. Warcraft II+III. Age of Empires II+III all expacs. Age of Mythology.

Flag Post

Ive only owned two RTS games (both with expansion packs), Age of mythology:titans and Red Alert 2:Yuri’s revenge.

Red alert is just a ton of fun, and Age of Mythology is as well, but there is to much resource management and not enough combat strategy.

Flag Post

cmon, its gotta be the AOE series (even though 3 was the worst IMO) or empire earth.

Flag Post

Age of Empires 2, number 3 sucked balls.
Warcraft 3 was also cool.
Black and White 2 is also fun :)

Flag Post

Halo Wars is one of a kind and the best rts game ever