Best RTS game? page 4

170 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Yishan:

First of all, Halo Wars does not look good. It for once, looks pretty bad. Its only for console Xbox 350, which is even more ridiculous, I didn’t see any groundbreaking concepts or fun gameplay. It just looks like all the Halo battles, excpet in bigger scale. Despite the time zone that Halo Wars was way before Halo 1, the settings and characters are not making any sense. There is a HUGE story gap, and if you look even more carefully, and check out the books that are all about Halo, you can see that it doesn’t make any sense. Spartans weren’t even deployed in battle, and they weren’t even given the ability to hack. The abilities dont’ make any sense.

Hello Mr. IbelieveeverythingIreadonline.
Ever tried to actually research it on your own?

Flag Post

There is a PC-Version of Halo Wars. A friend of mine gave it to me two days after he bought it. And after I played 2 levels I was bored and gave it to someone else, who really wanted this game. Later he told me, that he have thrown it away, because he is pretty sure that nobody will like this game. Battle for Middle Earth 2 and Worldshift are also games I only played for few hours.

But this thread isn’t about bad RTS-games. The best RTS is imho Starcraft.

Flag Post

This Spacecraft… Is it multiplayer? Is it free? Is is fun?

Flag Post

There is a PC-Version of Halo Wars.

There is?

Flag Post

Starcraft, this is the bar in which all rts games are judged!

Flag Post

The 2 Battle 4 Middle Earths and expansion 4 #2 have fun campaigns, but skirmishes w/ the comp. are lame. it just sends soldiers 2 attack ur buildings, almost no battles.

Flag Post

Any version of age of empires (except original) at 5x speed.

Flag Post

I’m surprised no one mentioned Tzar. Great game, my cousin showed me it when I was like 6. Still love it. The last level is hard as all get out, though.

Flag Post

I’m a HUGE fan of Empire Earth. And if you really want to get on large scale: Cossacks. I think you can have up to 2000 people, and you have to make each one individually. It gets really hectic. I just got starcraft (thanks guys) and if you havent played it you need to. Its the shiz.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fireseal:

Haven’t you heard? If it says “Halo” on it, it’s omfg teh best. And definitely not a decent but completely overhyped offering praised mostly by fanboys. I mean, seriously, it’s Halo.

Halo (The FPS series, at least. I don’t like Halo Wars) is fun. Why is that no longer a factor in judging games?

As far as RTSs go, two of my favourites would have to be Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander. You actually need tactics in those games, as opposed to one simple strategy throughout, as in most RTSs (yes, that means Starcraft). I also thought Warcraft III was excellent, if only for the immensely flexible editor provided by The Frozen Throne.

Flag Post

Army Men RTS by 3DO

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jellybean895:

Army Men RTS by 3DO

So yeah, did you get banned and are trying to most transparent attempt to tell everyone who you are?

Flag Post

I would say starcraft and warcaft 3

Flag Post

warcraft 3 amd starcraft.

I mean Halo wars is good for consoles. but no comparison for computer RTS

Flag Post

World in Conflict. Kickass singleplayer and multiplayer play.
Supreme Commander… FUck unit limits man.. this game allows you go to 1000 units ON ONE SCREEN!

Flag Post

Dawn of War and its expansions are awesome, and I liked Halo Wars.
The first Age of Empires is probably my favourite, though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jellybean895:

Army Men RTS by 3DO

Flag Post

The Lord of the rings, Battle for middle earth.

the only RTS I actually liked :\

Flag Post

Tales of Valour is okay, I had fun with it.

Flag Post

1. Dawn of war series
2. Warcraft 3
3. Starcraft
4. Age of Empires 2
5. Command and conquer series

Flag Post

Battle for Middle Earth hands down.
Gandalf can pwn Master Chief any day, Aragorn makes Raynor look like crap, and WoW can bite me.

Flag Post

i personely like red alert 2,and warcraft 3,and empire earth 3

Flag Post

a few things steight 1 starcraft is the utmost best
2 battle for middle earth 1! is good i cannot judge on the seccond
3 warcraft is almost as epic as starcraft (but somehow it doesent come close)
4 we get it halo wars is shit but i personally cannot judge
5 age of empires 1 and 2 with expantions
6 why are theese allways just the really famous ones mentioned preatorians is good so are many of the unsung heroes so shut up and try around instead of getting it from ads or freinds

Flag Post
Originally posted by vampguy962:

Battle for Middle Earth hands down.

Gandalf can pwn Master Chief any day, Aragorn makes Raynor look like crap, and WoW can bite me.

dont say that about raynor xD he has guns and a bike

Flag Post
Originally posted by kirdaiht:

Huge Bump Is huge

Starcraft rocks. i hope starcraft 2 i out before next year.

dont we all mr this was posted two years ago