Best RTS game? page 6

170 posts

Flag Post

I’ve tried the free trial

Well, we’ve diagnosed the reason you hate it. Jeez, people need to actually go swimming instead of just sticking their toe in the pool and saying they swam a mile.

Flag Post

Of course Starcraft 2 would win.. Its like the top rts games… and for u Noobs who dont like RTS, U BETTER PLAY IT OTHERWISE U’D make a big mistake…. haha

Flag Post

I’d have to say Age of Empires 2, although Starcraft is great as well. Hopefully Starcraft 2 will be even better!

Flag Post

League of Legends. SO fun.

Flag Post

starcraft 2 now playing =D

Flag Post

Stronghold 2 is good :D Starcraft 2 will b #1 tho i guess…

Flag Post

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< My avatar.

(2011 EDIT: For anyone confused, my avatar was Thrall a long time ago.)

Flag Post

definately not starcraft 2. DRM up the ass (Got two family members and a CD, fuck you, only one can have an account), graphics over recognisability (I cannot count the amount of times I couldn’t spot lings on creep while fighting someone)

Flag Post

RTS, y do ppl think it means mindless battles after a few hrs of build up…… srsly, i have AOE1-2 with expansion AOM with expansion SC1 with expansion Warcraft 3 with expansion, EE with expansion, Stronghold: Crusader, and Medieval:Total War, decent but takes forever to get anywhere and the black death is just annoying, i play sum of the online MMORTS, dont rly like those though, anyway, all RTS games have 2 things in common, firstly, THEY ALL INVOVLE FIGHTING, secondly, THEY ALL INVOVLE RESOURCE MANAGEMENT, without the resource management it isnt RTS anymore, its a blend of RTS/FPS/RPG, srsly though it is hard to get BRAND NEW RTS’s because of how many games have/are coming out, by now it has probably been done if it can be done, the thing that makes each RTS special and different is the Depth of play, the Setting and variety of the Settings available, for these reasons the best RTS game is clearly EEx its sheer scope is STAGGERING, i will now shut up on that topic be4 i go into rambling mode and sound like its spokesperson, i have also played AOE3 and have tried a few others, AOE3 was decent and the reason it exists is because the AOE series is supposed to take the player on a journey through History without being boring, as for AOM having not enough combat strategy (@jemer12) srsly, u think that……..sure there isnt much strategy in a fight between Titans, but there is plenty of stragey everywhere else in the combat system, and ytf r so many ppl hating on AOE3….. its actually the most Innovative RTS out there, its not Modern, Sci-Fi, or Fantasy, its Pre-Modern but Post-Medieval, its Industrial/2nd Imperialism Age, its probably the only RTS other than EE that takes place between the Crusader Era and WW1………srsly ppl dont smack talk it because its New, also, srsly…. can ppl stop h8ing on base building, or on the fighting, i mean come on, its the blend of them that makes the RTS genre have something for EVERYONE, i mean srsly, wat if (like me) u dont have the hand to eye coordination (or just dont like) to micro manage several different command groups, i mean srsly, 50 units on a side is not that uncommon in most RTS’s, thats why u have turtling and economy based victory conditions in so many awesome RTS’s (namely EE, AOE series, AOM) instead of nothing but military victories, theres nothing wrong with RTS’s that emphasize army battles (Starcraft series, WC3, Total War series, Red Alert2, Battle for Middle Earth 1-2 (Yes i have played all of these, where i live u dont have to own a game to play it, there r these kewl things called Internet Cafe’s) and of course Stronghold: Crusader) so if ppl would quit deciding based on the fighting/base building/resource management ratios pls,

Flag Post

starcraft 2 for the win.

Flag Post

Red Alert:Retaliation.
Men of War.
Empire/Napoleon:Total war.
Dune:something.
Company of Heroes.(Normandy?WTF?Everybody knows that shit,and its boring.Eastern Front FTW).

Flag Post

Starcraft 2 FTW! Its multiplayer is the best, balenced races and best of all its incredibly polished. AOM comes second though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ForumCrap:

For me its C&C generals… whats yours?

I guess Warcraft 3…actually kinda good.
I generally aint much into RTS thougt.

Flag Post

Supreme Commander 2

Flag Post

Age of Mythology.

Chicken meteor strike.

SERIOUS WIN.

Flag Post

I think my choice will be C&C Red Alert 2. From what I can remember, it is the RTS that have brings me the most fun among all the RTS I’ve played. Also, Warcraft 2 and Ages of Empire 2 was fun playing with others on internet. Good old times…

I haven’t play a RTS for ages.. Last one was C&C Red Alert 3, and I’ve dislike it. I’ve finished it though, was a bit hard by the end if I remember correctly.

Flag Post

i think starcraft cuz its got a mix of sci fi and rts action all jam packed in one game!!!

Flag Post

StarCraft, Age of Empires II, WarCraft 3, Halo Wars, and others thatI can’t remember the name of.

Flag Post

stronghold (1,crusader, crusader extreme, 2, legends, 3)

Flag Post

I like the EXPANSION version of Generals
ZERO HOUR
:D
Rome Total War
Red Alert 3
Starcraft
Left 4 Dead 1 & 2

Flag Post

There is nothing like Rome:Total War and Medieval 2:Total war.

Flag Post

never played starcraft i dont like C&C i love stronghold3 halo wars is awesome AOE 2 the Conquerors is awesome but i like DOW2

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

1. Age Of Mythology w/expansion
2. Age Of Empires 2 w/expansion
3. Starcraft 2
4. Command and Conquer: Generals Delux edition. (Multiplayer is awesome)
5. WC3

All other games like fps- and mmorpg-games deserves to be below theese ones. Even with strong names from KOTOR to WoW and CS.

Flag Post

Age of Mythology taught me all I know about Mythology, they have a massive database on every unit/building in the game.