Ether War for Beginners

30 posts

Flag Post

Welcome to my guide for beginners for Ether War; I’ve gotten far enough in the game to figure out a quick helping guide… and yes I lost! Dx

TIPS:

I

First of all, start a practice game; practice aim, think of a strategy guide, and also figure out your movements.

II

Try to get far enough in the practice game to figure out at least 3 enemies that you’ll face. Note what they do and how they move, that will help.

III

After finishing the practice game, move onto the big time. TRY NOT TO DIE! In the big time game, figure out what upgrades you’ll use, and when you’ll use them, and also how you’ll use them.

IV

When you get an opening for a upgrade, go for it! The first upgrade I suggest is a cannon upgrade, then engine upgrade (switch between those), then after a few upgrades of those, go to your shield; that’s when the enemies get harder.

V

Note the location of your enemy’s base and where it moves; that will help you know where to go and when to go.

That’s the guide for beginners; hope it helps!

~Tails Turrosaki

Flag Post

I beat the game last night.. so here’s a bare bones guide:

1. upgrade cannon 2x
2. upgrade smart missiles
3. upgrade tri shot.
4. upgrade ally ships 1×.
5. max out cannons – engines – ally ships – shields. in that order.
6. profit.

General strategies:
- always be on the move, your shields regen extremely fast when you’re not getting shot at.
- try to stay in the area between your base and the enemy red blob base so you intercept and tank most of the enemies.
- once you get the auto aim missiles start the farming while killing the bigger yellow balls with the HP bars.
- at full upgrades kill the rest of the yellow balls and destroy the red big orb

Flag Post

thanks for you guide 2much3time! it really helped!
i hope this gets badges soon…. XD

Flag Post

I didn’t have much problems with surviving. Watch out for multiple hits, but otherwise, won’t dent your shield by much (your regen rate is quite high).

For me, ally ships are not needed. I like to do my own kills.

Cannons and all the weapon stuff (like tri-shot, cannon, missile) should be bought as soon as possible. I like to get the last weapon as soon as possible, because the wave attack has a larger area, so better accuracy. Cannons and missile… they’re good for farming, and getting rid of distractions when hunting yellows. But useless later on when you’re at the end.

Shields… not too important. You regen the damage the yellows do to you between their shots (even unupgraded shields), so no problem there, so long you don’t get hit by others. Need to be able to change your targets quickly though, to make sure you destroy the small guys behind you before they get too near.

I like to chase the yellows as soon as I get a decent cannon. The small guys will come to you, so it’s good to farm them, and since you’re chasing the yellow, you’re constantly on the move. Expect to lose sight of the yellow though, if you’re distracted, and have a bad engine. They also regen, so if you lose them for a while, it’s full health again.

Flag Post

I focus mainly on cannons, then work on shield and engines a bit, then get the 2ndary upgrades.

Flag Post

I had no problem beating the game by simply buying the cheapest upgrades as soon as they are available. I went after the yellows as soon as I could put a dent in them, using the opportunity to farm the smaller guys. Using this strategy you will upgrade faster than the enemy and wear down the defenses in little time.

Flag Post

TYVM 2much3time. it is soo muck easier with ur tut!

Flag Post

Ditto. Thanks for the help 2much3time.

Flag Post
  1. l2p.

Seriously, this game isn’t hard.

Is it even possible to losse?

Only challenge I see here would be a time-attack.

Flag Post

I want to know what repulsion shield does..

Flag Post

Ether Wars=I hate it

Flag Post

Ether War for beginners:

1. Upgrade laser to max.
2. Shoot the big yellow “orbiters”.
3. Shoot the red “spawner” until it dies.
4. Congratulations, you just won the game.

Flag Post

This thread shouldn’t have even been made xD I beat the game easily. Dunno why you would need a strategy because there is no strategy involved.

Flag Post

no in my opion allied ships frist because if u go to the thing head on and kill the enemys u get more ether and u need better ships protecting the main base i got it done pretty quick

Flag Post

1. upgrade cannon first, engine second, shield third
2. get triple shot
3. upgrade cannon, shield, engine in that order
4. kill orange orbs while upgrading when you’re strong enough. Then kill red.

General stuff:
- Don’t upgrade allies. They steal your kills and they don’t do anything to kill the orange orbs.
- Triple shot is by far the best 2nd row upgrade. Smart missles are 2nd best. Secondary cannons do little damage. Repulsion shield doesn’t appear to do anything at all.
- Stay between the red orb and your base. The enemy targets your base.

Flag Post

… i really found this an easy game ive never lost on it only played it like 5 times though and for upgrades i think weapon should be first definetly but for the first little bit you wont need engines i dont recommend playing this game if you dont have a good 30 minutes per round (they are a very enjoyable 30 minutes trust me) here is what i always do for upgrades weapon, allies, shield, engine then weap shield engine then friendly and repeat till all maxed out then go for the bonus things i recommend tri-shot first then sam then extra turrets and repulse shield if you havnt already wiped out the enemy dont focus on the big orbs till you have atleast max cannon and engine but i seriously dont recommend just upgrading those always follow the enemy and if you are doing well simply sit next to the red ball and wait for enemys to spawn then kill them really fast to farm ether works quite well also if you upgrade friendlies enough they will easily be able to defend the base without any help from you even if the enemy is an upgrade ahead of them always move though or you will die quiet quickly and thats all i can suggest i suppose.. o and take it slow get the big orbs when you are 1. faster 2. very few enemies 3. your allies are cleaning out any enemies that may spawn and also make sure to always focus on the same orb or it will regenerate at a very fast rate never take fire off of it unless theres a swarm of enemies not to far out of your reach and you can 1 shot them anyhow

Flag Post

I’ve never seen the main base die. I just concentrate on attacking yellows (and handling any that gets too close)(with no upgrades to allies), and nothing happened to the main base…

I’ve never seen a use for allies. At best, they steal my kills. So I never upgrade them unless I’m just farming the red.

Flag Post

Yeh, I’ve left it for ages without shooting/ o upgrades, came back base was still alive.

Flag Post

You guys should try the hard mode found at the sponsored site, that’s when balance shifts towards the enemy. It’s even harder to get in close to the yellow orbs (died like 5 times trying to kill the inner 4, that’s with lvl 3 shields/engine… something that I didn’t have problems with at normal mode)

Flag Post

I can’t get any of the buttons to work on my mac. What’s up with that? Since I can’t upgrade I die pretty fast, around 500.

Flag Post

any ideas to help me kill the inner 4 yellows with a laptop mouse? its making things hard.

Flag Post

2much3time’s strategy is legit, thats how i beat it

Flag Post

I beat the game by just hanging around the enemy base, you get tons of ether. All of the enemies will go after you if you are near their base.

Use the ether to only upgrade the top part of the upgrade section, (Cannon, Shield, Engine, and Allied units)

You can balance them out or do one at a time. Worked for me…

Flag Post

it doesn’t work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

ok umm ill try some of these stratugies i have a hard time surviving