Ether War for Beginners page 2

30 posts

Flag Post

This is actually an easy game.

1. Stay close to the station in the direction of where the enemies are.
2. Intercept and destroy as many enemies as you can. Keep on moving. Since the shield recovers fast, don’t worry about upgrading the shield.
3. When you can, upgrade the cannon 3x
4. When the enemy upgrades, shoot as many of the reds ones and keep them top priority.
5. Upgrade the ally once
6. Upgrade to tri-shot and then smart missiles
7. Upgrade allies again, max out shot, upgrade shield once.
8. Start chasing the yellows, you should be able to catch and beat them down easily. Make sure you upgrade the engine when you can as some of them run fast away from you. You’ll often cross the red core to catch the yellows on the other side.
9. After killing all the yellows, destroy the core.
10. You win. What score did you get? I managed to top 30,000 on my last run.

Flag Post

Hey thanks for the guide, helped me a lot….Even though it was awhile ago!

Flag Post

If you don’t do it right, you will be on the defensive (which ain’t good)
If you do, all the allied ships go on the offensive.
What I did, is get allied ships as high as possible, cannon as high as possible and then shield, in that order. Then smart missiles. I would sneak behind the enemy and then they will send all their blobs at me, not the station. Then the allied ships start attacking and hitting them in the back. Then I hunt down the yellow orbs and shoot the other enemies swarming at me too. This gives me a lot of ether.

The current enemy list as I know it:

Tiny blue orbs. Hard to hit but low damage.

Green orbs. Easy to hit and kind of low damage.

Red doubles. Easy to hit them, medium damage. No longer one shot kill with basic/medium cannon.

Fireballs. Quite fast and medium damage. High health.

Black stealth orbs. Huge health, kind of invisible sometimes, appears to have an energy shield.

White orbs. Not much known.

Yellow protector orbs. Shoots a laser at you. Huge health. Protects red core.

Red “brood master”. Spawns other orbs. Destroy to win. :D

Flag Post

replustion shield emits white projectlles when you get hit. it is expensive. however.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 2much3time:

I beat the game last night.. so here’s a bare bones guide:

1. upgrade cannon 2x
2. upgrade smart missiles
3. upgrade tri shot.
4. upgrade ally ships 1×.
5. max out cannons – engines – ally ships – shields. in that order.
6. profit.

General strategies:
- always be on the move, your shields regen extremely fast when you’re not getting shot at.
- try to stay in the area between your base and the enemy red blob base so you intercept and tank most of the enemies.
- once you get the auto aim missiles start the farming while killing the bigger yellow balls with the HP bars.
- at full upgrades kill the rest of the yellow balls and destroy the red big orb

Kid, you’re a genius. Thank you SOOOOOOO much!!! =D