The Ocean Around Me - Suggestions page 2

53 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by thenatureoftime:

i would love a part were you build a sea going raft to hunt much larger fish in witch you have to fight them on your boat using your mouse as a harpon

That’s actually a really cool idea. Being able to catch bigger fish would be awesome.

Hey Mosh, an idea that Natureoftime just inspired came into my head. What if for the arcade we could “upgrade” the games a little bit by earning points from the games. for example, winning 300 points would gain you 300 points which could be used for unlocking extras either in the minigames or maybe even in the game itself, like a new costume for the main character.

Flag Post

I’m trying not to spoil anything here, but I can say that you do get a “boat” (not exactly) at some point. I hadn’t considered adding in a new fishing game after that, and I think that’s a really good idea! You get this boat-thing in Week 5, so you can expect the new fishing game then! Thanks alot for the idea.

Also Ace, I think that’s an unbelievably cool idea. I think I’m going to continue to try to get this week released as soon as I can, but that sounds like something I should definitely add for Week 4, or even into Week 3 after it’s released. I didn’t consider that at all, but I think that would be an amazing way to actually make people want to play the arcade more. Again, I won’t spoil anything, but there are actually 2 new minigames in Week 3 that your idea would fit perfectly with.

Thanks again for the awesome ideas! You can be sure that your names will appear in the credits, as long as you don’t mind.

Flag Post

You kidding? That would be on the top list of most awesome things ever happened to me! I wouldn’t mind at all :p

Flag Post

Fire! Fire making minigame :D

Flag Post

Lol i want to work at distant planet games

Flag Post

Maybe an idea for week 4 if you are fishing that there are also poison fishes and if you have a poison fish you need to cook the fish on a special way because if you cook them on the normal way the poison is still in the fish and then you will die? like fugu…. srry for bad english

Flag Post

Hunting minigame? :D OMG I am minigames maniac :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by IPaSS:

Fire! Fire making minigame :D

What do you think this is? Runescape? Just kidding, that actually is a cool idea. Maybe if it was like a three part minigame in which you had to collect sticks, then rub the sticks together for fire and finally keep the fire going for 2 minutes.

Flag Post

id like to reply again and say that you should have some more survivle themes were if you fail at the quest-activity you fail and start over the day and you might want more active full day like you fish and build a hut ect. ty :)

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

You know what would be cool for the arcade section? Some arcade games that are mixed in with your older games. For example “Save the Island in Thirty Seconds”.

Flag Post

Maybe an idea for week 3 or 4: In the menu a button called “Music” and you can play the music from The ocean around me series

Flag Post

cant find the game

Flag Post

well i want to try the game bit im searching and i cant fing the game you are talking

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Moshdef/the-ocean-around-me-week-one

and

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Moshdef/the-ocean-around-me-week-two

Flag Post

Where the heck is week 2? Gahhhhhh I can’t wait any longer mannnn

Flag Post

I mean week 3! I’m so delusional I don’t even know what I’m typing!!

Flag Post

When I first played this game I didn’t think of like it but its become one of my favorite games. If you make any more platforming levels like in week 2 it would be good to have some way to fail. So there could be anakes that bite or chase you so the levels would be a bit harder. Thanks for making these great games.

Flag Post

In week 3,you go into the forest and kill animals for meat with your hunting knife.

Flag Post

Originally posted by 1337snake888:

In week 3,you go into the forest and kill animals for meat with your hunting knife.

thats a really cool idea!

Flag Post

He IS on an island, have some minigame about it, like avoiding debris from the sea and forest or building some kind of house or something to defend him.

EDIT: Ehh, bad idea.

Flag Post

Some time during the game in a dream he should hear someone calling Kevin but he sees no one as he wakes up he wonders if that is his name.

Flag Post

I think that you should make the fishing game a bit easier because i have a mac with no mouse so it is very hard. please may you tell me when the ocean around me week 3 comes out because its already november.

Flag Post

I’m guessing that Mosh has bailed on this series? Anyone heard from him?

Flag Post

It’s 12/21/12. The supposed day of the “end of the world”. It’s a pretty nice day outside. WHERE THE HECK IS WEEK 3!!!!!!