Raze 2--> Weapons

25 posts

Flag Post

I just want advice or just want to know what you believe is the best weapons for each class to purchase from the armory on Raze 2 (coolest game on Kongregate).

Flag Post

Obviously, each person is going to give you a different answer, though after playing Raze 2 on AG for a few months, I’ve noticed two weapons that are listed rather frequently: the Holy Grail and the Ion Cannon.

The Holy Grail has enough power to one-shot almost any unshielded target. It will also penetrate full shields and do some damage to health. Only bots with the Combat Armor equipment (+50% health) will require two shots to kill (without shields). Adrenaline will not save you against this weapon, as the fire damage it inflicts will burn that last 1 HP away. It’s only real downside is the clip size – it only has one shot: if you miss, it could be a long time before you can fire again.

The Ion Cannon is a reasonably powerful explosive weapon, has a decent firing rate, and a reasonably sized clip (6 rounds). It also has fire damage, so Adrenaline will also be countered by this weapon (and if you reach the Alien campaign, the Johnny Rockit bot will be very annoying due to his Adrenaline equipment). Two shots will kill any unshielded target, though shielded ones may require 3 or 4.

If you’re looking for particular builds, here’s the one I use for most matches:
Ability: Static Field
This ability came in the Beta Demo and the one I got accustomed to first. Bots aren’t particularly smart and will continue firing on you even after SF is activated (which has resulted in them blowing themselves up, headshotting themselves, etc)
Equipment: Adrenaline, Pickup Booster, Extra Clips
Adrenaline basically for second chances against bots that show up with a Rocket Launcher or a sniping weapon. Pickup Booster increases the amount of health/shields from pickups (50% health/shield → 80% health/shield). Extra Clips means every weapon I pick up has full ammo.
Starter: Ripper
Two bullets per shot and is also automatic, but it’s short range means you’ll need something else for longer ranged work.
Sidearm: Magnum
Sure, it’s a slow weapon, but if your aim is good, headshots will deal a lot of damage to your target.
Close Range: Shotgun
Probably the close range weapon with the best single-shot damage output, and it’s certainly more useful than it’s predecessor from Raze 1.
Automatic: Assault Bouncer
This weapon sets its target on fire, and a few hits in quick succession will kill even full health enemies quickly.
Long Range: Holy Grail
See above.
Heavy: Destroyer
Each shot from this weapon deals somewhere around 25 damage, so 4 hits will kill unshielded targets (or 6 for those with Armor Plating).
Explosive: Ion Cannon
See above.

For certain campaign matches (coughAlienLevel15cough) I swap out the Ion Cannon for the Rocket Launcher.

Flag Post

Please note that class is in bold, whereas weapon / other things are in italics.

I have to say I mainly agree with InfintieVoid’s setup. This is my setup:
Ability: Cloak. For those headshots with magnum/holy grail.
Equipment: Armour plating, Point Allocator and Hair Trigger.
Side arm: Magnum
Automatic: Precision Laser
Long Range: Electro Bolt or Holy Grail
Heavy: flame thrower
Explosives: Rocket Launcher or Ice Hunter

Well, that’s it.

Edit 1: Some minor format fixes

Edit 2: Glad I could help!

Edit 3: Changed some weapons

Flag Post

I am aware that every person has a different point of view, but thank you for your replies!

Flag Post

My weapon selection:
Starter:Ripper
Side Arm:Magnum or Uzi
Close Range:Shotgun
Automatic:Assault Bouncer
Long Range:Holy Grail
Heavy:Flamethrower
Explosives:Rocket Launcher or Ion Cannon

Flag Post

Starter: Ripper. It’s good if you have the spiral chamber.
Side Arm: Photon Blaster. Pew pew pew spreadfire.
Close Range: Shotgun. Blows enemies’ heads off; awesome with spiral chamber. Extremely powerful.
Auto: Assault Bouncer/Bubble Blaster. Meh, I like both. The Assault Rifle was a disappointment; it was epic in Raze 1.
Long Range: Holy Grail. Boom headshot.
Heavy: meh, Laser Minigun, Focus Beam, Shredder. The Shredder’s fun to pick off enemies guarding the flag through floors/ceilings.
Explosive: Rocket Lawnchair. The Grenade Lawnchair was a disappointment. It’s terrible compared to Raze 1.

Flag Post

Must say that if you shot in the face with the normal sniper is also a 1HKO, and has 3 clips, so if you have good aim you should use it instead of the holy grail.
Adrenaline is your problem? shift+left click= win!

Flag Post
Originally posted by alexgar:

shift+left click= win!

What?

Flag Post
Originally posted by GameBuilder15:
Originally posted by alexgar:

shift+left click= win!

What?

If someone is using adrenaline you can click shift (change weapon) and left click (shot a bullet) so he dies = WIN!, it´s more easy than wasting another bullet of your pressius sniper/holy grail

Flag Post

Ohhh, ok I see. I change weapons with Q and E, not Shift, so I didn’t get what you were saying.

Flag Post

Guys, sorry about the bump, but once you get used to it, the Shredder is very awesome.

Flag Post

Guys, sorry about the bump, but once you get used to it, the Shredder is very awesome.

I kind of like the shredder as well, I often just throw stuffs into the air (when I am near the top of the map) and it usually kills off a lot of enemies (good damage, and making them drop on their heads makes for more dmg), somewhat useful on the last alien mission as it means not having to directly be in the enemy’s LOS (and therefore preventing a rocket to your face).

Flag Post

This is my set up for now.
Ability: Cloak
Equipment: Adrenaline Boost, Cooling Packs, Stabilizer
Weapons: Ripper, Magnum, Shotgun, Precision Laser, Holy Grail, Focus Beam, Ion Cannon.

Flag Post

Question here, is it normal to go 100 kills and 2 deaths(one of those beinga suicide by rocket launcher) on dome? That’s basically what has happened the past two games. Rocket launcher is great by the way.

Flag Post

Depends on the match settings – number of opponents, difficulty of opponents, team match or FFA.

I always play with Insane bots, overall K/D ratio is about 4.4. An FFA Deathmatch to 100 kills typically ends with me winning with about 30 deaths. The most extreme single-match ratio I’ve gotten was in a 4v1 Elimination, 10 lives per player – I won against 4 Insane bots with 39 kills, 0 deaths (one bot suicided). On the other hand, I’ve also had some close calls with the same settings – 40 kills, 9 deaths. I basically ended up camping shield and health spawns once it got to me having 1 life, the bots having about 12 lives total.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darth_Sirov:

I kind of like the shredder as well, I often just throw stuffs into the air (when I am near the top of the map) and it usually kills off a lot of enemies (good damage, and making them drop on their heads makes for more dmg), somewhat useful on the last alien mission as it means not having to directly be in the enemy’s LOS (and therefore preventing a rocket to your face).

Yes! The Shredder is awesome to spam fire.

Flag Post

These are the best weapons(in my opinion)
ripper-good for taking out enemies who get close to me after I respawn
Magnum-decent range and power
terminator-can kill enemies in around 2 shots and has good range
assault bouncer-takes down armored oponents so fast
holy grail-a one shot one kill on unarmored oponents
Destroyer-rapid fire like the assault bouncer only with more range
rocket launcher or ice hunter-for power

Flag Post

although being awsome in raze 1 the grenade launcher is among the worst guns to buy in raze 2

Flag Post
Originally posted by gurkah:

although being awsome in raze 1 the grenade launcher is among the worst guns to buy in raze 2

Indeed.

Raze > Raze 2

Flag Post

My thing is that i am an incidental deadeye. I will just get crit after crit. A guy goes flying past me on frostbite, headshot. It just happens. I’ll get a quadrakill with 4 50.cal. headshots on insane. So i use the magnum, the precision laser, and the sniper rifle. But i am open to sugestions. Tips?

Flag Post

My favorite weapons and other things.

Ability: Katana
Equipment: Combat Armor, Shield Battery, and Extra Clips
Starter: M9 Barret
Side Arm: Magnum
Automatic: Assault Rifle
Long Range: Holy Grail
Heavy: Destroyer
Explosives: Rocket Launcher

Flag Post

My favorite weapon setup:

Sidearm: Magnum
Close Range: Terminator
Automatic: Bub Bwaster
Long Range: Holy Grail… or Pulsator
Heavy: Focus Beam
Explosive: Meh, I don’t really know… I guess Ice Hunter.

Flag Post

It’s a shame the Frozen Death (a weapon you play in alien level 14) cannot be bought… it’s beast.

Flag Post

starter ripper: great gun to get a quick easy kill with
sidearm photon blaster: hard choice but in the weakest class in the game it win by defalt the vamp charger can screw you over
close range zapper: i went 10 2 verse the raze solder with holy grail zapper combo
auto assault bouncer: easy choice for me none of the other guns i like and i love fire
long range holy grail: as soon as i bought this i never was let down one shot for even those adrenaline users
heavy: destroyer/flamethower either way you cant go wrong both great guns
explosive: all are good expect grenade launcher avoid that at all cost (if only the frozen death was available id buy it)

Flag Post

starter:ripper good for flanking
sidearm:magnum or uzi(if ur like james bond)
shotgun:terminator awesome range and fire rate
automatics:umm i guess the bubble blaster or the green assault rifle thingy(forgot its name)
sniper rifles?:well im expert at this,either 50 cal.or pulsator does the work
heavies:definitely destroyer,its so OP
explosives ion cannon,very accurate