The Last of Us

32 posts

Flag Post

“The Last of Us” is a post apocalyptic game currently in development by NaughtyDog (creators of Jak and Daxter, Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted) and set to release late 2012.

NaughtyDog Co-President Evan Wells detailed the game as such:

“The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind. Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.”

Here’s the reveal trailer.

Being a fan of NaughtyDog, this game looks cool from the trailer above. I can’t wait for them to release more info on the game and I’ll be updating this thread as best I can when they release more details.

So far, what are your first impressions? Does it look decent in your eyes? (Yes, I know it’s only a reveal trailer)

(I’ll be updating information about the game in the posts below)

Flag Post

It looks good but I’m so sick of zombies. Seriously. Left 4 Dead, Dead Island, CoD, etc. Oversaturation…

Flag Post

I saw the trailer, but all I could think was, “If this doesn’t have some sort of memorable story between the two characters, it’s not worth my time.” Like Trigger, I’m getting really annoyed of how saturated this genre has become, no matter how well-made the game is.

So the story will make or break it for me, and story alone.

Flag Post

I agree the zombie genre is getting boring as the overuse of the zombie games, theres just too many zombie games these days….

Flag Post

Update (March 2nd)

PSBlog has written an article explaining a sneak peek about couple of the scenes from the game here

Flag Post

This game looks amazing.

Flag Post

That looks like it’ll take more power to run than The Witcher 2… v-v I’ll never be able to run it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

That looks like it’ll take more power to run than The Witcher 2… v-v I’ll never be able to run it.

All of Naughty Dog’s games have been Playstation exclusive, so I doubt it’s gonna be on the PC.

Flag Post

I don’t like the addition of the daughter, I thought a lone wanderer would have been cooler.

Flag Post

I’ve been a fan of Naughty Dog for years. Hope it’s half as good as Uncharted.

Flag Post

Eh… Playstation exclusive?

Suddenly do not want.

Flag Post

watched the trailer, it doesnt look like a very promising game. doesnt help that zombie games have been overdone so you really gotta stand out. this doesnt stand out.

Flag Post

Looks pretty good, but we will see.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

Eh… Playstation exclusive?

Suddenly do not want.

You’re like the opposite of me. If I hear it’s a Playstation exclusive, I want it even more.

Flag Post

I have the PS3 and the 360.

I don’t like consoles.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Trigger_Happy_XD:

It looks good but I’m so sick of zombies. Seriously. Left 4 Dead, Dead Island, CoD, etc. Oversaturation…

True, zombies are overrated, but supposedly these aren’t zombies, just humans that are sick with some sort of fungus (like in “I AM LEGEND”). Though, I geuss they are pretty much the same thing.

Flag Post

Update (June 3rd)

Whoops, forgot about this thread. Sorry, I’ll try and keep up with the updates.

Anyway, here’s the newest trailer entitled “Truck Ambush” for the game:

Truck Ambush Trailer

Some more screenshots:

Also keep in mind that at E3 Sony will be giving out more information (and possibly gameplay!) on The Last of Us.

Watch the E3 countdown and once they release information on the game, I’ll try and update as soon as possible.

Flag Post

Hm, I really like the “Returned to the earth” look of this game. Also, I"m not sure if it’s really a zombie game… There was only one glimpse of these attacking people, and it looks more like the Infected from 28 Days/Weeks later than zombies.
Anyway, this looks pretty sweet, and I’m a big fan of Naughty Dog as well, so I can’t wait to see more about this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MossyStump:

Hm, I really like the “Returned to the earth” look of this game. Also, I"m not sure if it’s really a zombie game… There was only one glimpse of these attacking people, and it looks more like the Infected from 28 Days/Weeks later than zombies.
Anyway, this looks pretty sweet, and I’m a big fan of Naughty Dog as well, so I can’t wait to see more about this.

Yeah, according to this interview, it’s a plague that has taken over the world for the past 20 years. I assume the virus turns them mad and disfigures them. So I doubt it’s just gonna be another generic “oh no zombies.. lets shoot with our big ass shotgun and chainsaws” game. I can’t wait to pick up this one.

Flag Post

It looks pretty awesome so far. I just hope other people learn the difference between “Infected” and “Living Dead”.

Flag Post

This game looks super but sadly when they released the trailer, it was overshadowed by the Dead Island trailer. Let’s home it doesn’t turn out like Dead Island.

Flag Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8ZYkj0glnqs

My mind has been thoroughly blown

Flag Post

I still wasn’t very impressed after watching it today.

Flag Post

Looks like it’s going to be really linear :\

Flag Post

I saw that version and the live demo elsewhere, it was literally exactly the same aside from a few missed shots on the guy who was playing it’s behalf.
All of those melee events were totally scripted.