BadgeMonkeys.com - Friday 11th guide: Reincarnation: The Clergy Of Unholy page 2

190 posts

Flag Post
  • Only Puzzle games? :P
  • Will you not let us help you with text walkthroughs?
  • When and if you do, will you make them editable (with Mod approval required) so text walkthroughs can get more and more complete over time?
  • Will there only be 5-7 walkthroughs per week? It will take you a couple of years to get every single game that is badged right now, and by that time there will be many many many many more badged games…
  • When will you make the website’s look, like, not suck horribly? :P

Overall I think the website is getting great. I liked the way the walkthroughs were presented for these Puzzle games so far, and though I’m not one to use walkthroughs I’m sure this will be helpful to many people. I can always help and help spreading the word, and you should really find someone to fix the website’s design (in terms of aesthetics).

Flag Post

Sounds like a good idea! Best of luck to you!

Flag Post

Sorry for the bump, but can I actually ask who runs this?

Flag Post

Feeling the stress of a brand new week? Our guide to Little Wheel and 5 points ought to help!

FAQ updated!

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by BadgeMonkeys:

Feeling the stress of a brand new week? Our guide to Little Wheel and 5 points ought to help!

FAQ updated!

Are you trolling your own thread?

Flag Post
Originally posted by BadgeMonkeys:

FAQ updated!

Oh, I’m glad you gave Little Wheel a guide. I’m sure a lot of people are having trouble with THAT one.

Flag Post

Unclog your Kongregate points with a guide for today’s Badge of the Day: Blockage!

Flag Post

Best of luck to you.

Although, I really do not like how you’re presenting image-based level solutions. Like, for Blockage… having an animated gif of 4-5 images is going to overwhelm people; especially since they can’t stop on each individual image and attempt to follow your arrows. Perhaps it’s just this game, and perhaps I’m biased, but I’d have to say a video guide is FAR easier to follow.

Feel free to embed my videos on your site if you’d like, although from what I’ve read in this thread, I doubt you’ll be interested in that.

Flag Post

Don’t do what Tasslehoff said.
Trust me when I say that text and image based walkthroughs are muchmuchmuchmuchMUCH easier to follow than video walkthroughs.
Exceptionally so when it comes to puzzle games.
Only thing is, they take bit more effort to make than being lazy and videoing yourslef playing a game does.

Flag Post

If you have flash, you could do a flash walkthrough.
Click an arrow to go to the next step of the tutorial, with a level index.
Edit: I made a cute quick example. Only the level one option works, and you can’t view the level two. :D
http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1326213665

Flag Post

but I’d have to say a video guide is FAR easier to follow.

I’m sure that spending 10 seconds to understand what’s going on in the GIF is better than waiting hundreds of second waiting for the video to load and then hunting down the level you’re looking for.

Flag Post

Brighten up your hump day with our guide for Color Link-a-Pix Light Volume 1!

FAQ updated!

Flag Post

Ok I have a number of likes and dislikes about this;
-I like the image guides, its cool having videos to watch but youtube is blocked in china…. maybe you can use a combination of the 2. Tasselfoot has kindly offered that you can use his, and he is a very respected walkthrough maker, and kongregate member
-i find the websites general layout good
-well updated

dislikes
-seems any offers to help are just shrugged away, more people helping means they will tell more people about it and more guides can be made
-its been around a week and the facebook page is barely populated, it has like 10 people following, maybe couldbe marketed more
-by not letting people help yo you appear a bit arrogant/ complacent (sorry not sure what the exact word is) and this will create negativity towards badgemonkeys

advice – let people help you,
but will my, and others advice fall of deaf ears?….

Flag Post

Gandalf was wrong – you shall pass! Today’s guide is for Impasse!

Thursday is also thread-update day; that alliteration is no coincidence! (Shh, we haven’t announced multiplayer Mondays yet!)

The FAQ at the beginning of this thread now addresses most of the points raised so far, all of which have been heard, don’t worry! For the concerns that it doesn’t manage to cover, please expect a reply shortly!

Also, we like exclamation marks!

Flag Post
Originally posted by velricreize:

Will there only be 5-7 walkthroughs per week?

Currently our only concrete plan (that isn’t top secret) is that at least one guide is released each weekday, but that’s not to say that there won’t be extra guides that slip out while we’re not looking! The frequency of releases may change in the future depending on the amount (and type) of badges that remain, though this won’t be a change in the foreseeable future.

Originally posted by Tasselfoot:

Best of luck to you.

Thank you for your comments, Tasselfoot; we love what you do! Yes, we agree that in a majority of cases a video guide can be more appropriate and we hope to roll out our own very shortly – your offer is greatly appreciated in any case! It’s our intention to continue with both formats, where possible, for those that may not be able to access YouTube videos for one reason or another.

Originally posted by Ruudiluca:

If you have flash, you could do a flash walkthrough.

A very nice idea and something for us to consider; thank you!

Flag Post

Get amped for the weekend with our guide for Electric Box!

No superstitions here!

Flag Post

…Knew that my post would be hidden. I don’t get what’s wrong with IT?

EDIT: “by not letting people help yo you appear a bit arrogant/ complacent (sorry not sure what the exact word is) and this will create negativity towards badgemonkeys” This.

Flag Post

It’s going to take over 3 years to cover all badged games RIGHT NOW in the pace you are going. Wouldn’t you like some help? =)

Flag Post

Leave the guy alone for christ sake, if he needs or wants help, he’ll ask for it. In the meantime, we can all do something else than calling him arrogant because he’s doesn’t want help at the moment.

Flag Post

Oh sorry, it’s just that I thought he would actually like to be successful instead of yet-another-walkthrough-website. In order to become the Ultimate Kong Walkthrough website where people will actually actively visit and will be widely known he would have to cover every single game as fast as possible – with the help of the community and editable walkthroughs so people can always add new things to walkthroughs.
Also, they are doing it all wrong. EVEN if they wanted to actually keep this pace of 5 walkthroughs per week, they should be covering recently or well-known complicated games… not Little Wheel.

Flag Post

Don’t let games feel like work, especially on a Monday! Light-Bot solved!