Good strategy games?

20 posts

Flag Post

Just looking for some suggestions

Flag Post

Age of Mythology
Warcraft 1,2 and 3
Age of Empires 1, 2 and 3
Alien Versus Predator: Extinction (Overlooked interesting game)
Civilization 1-6

Also, Chess.

Flag Post

ty age of mythology is gonna hold me down for a couple of months

Flag Post

Don’t forget the Command & Conquer series, if you’re wanting a more futuristic RTS :D
Or Stronghold/The Settlers, if you’re looking for more economic-based RTS’s.

Flag Post

Starcraft I & II

Flag Post

League of Legends? Its free.
If not DotA is still is a very viable game with the same-ish style.

I also still enjoy Shogun TW 2 if you’re looking for a good Total war title.

Flag Post

Heroes of Might and Magic
Empire Earth.

Flag Post

final fantasy tactics

Flag Post
Originally posted by Predatorx687:

Age of Mythology
Warcraft 1,2 and 3
Age of Empires 1, 2 and 3
Alien Versus Predator: Extinction (Overlooked interesting game)
Civilization 1-6

Also, Chess.

100% agree with this.

Flag Post
  • Rome: Total War. except i would just skip the Turn Based Grand Strategy campaigns. the Real Time Battle Tactics component can’t be beat.
  • Seven Kingdoms 2. Real Time Diplomacy, Subterfuge and Loyalty Management. expect minimal tactical width, and fairly realistic tendencies to defect of your underlings. good learning curve.
  • Dark Omen. that’s pure RTBT, in the Warhammer world.
  • Dominions 3. that’s pure TBS, designed for multiplayer. in terms of pure strategy, this game beats all. in terms of Fantasy scope it does as well. however it offers nothing at all in terms of graphics, no tactics, and has a learning curve that should be feared. also pretty much impossible to properly pirate, and the devs never permanently drop the pricing of their games.
  • Supreme Commander: Forged Allience. is pretty well made Real Time Resource and Production Management and War Tactics. the designer made it for the sole purpose (his claim) to make a game that is purely about strategy instead of tactics. he completely failed to do that, no matter how humongous the maps and unit-lists are. steep learning curve.
  • Company of Heroes. pretty good Real Time Production Management and War Tactics. really like how units use ‘cover’.

i only wish there was an actual RTS game out there. even just one would be nice.

Flag Post

Rise of Nations, over 20 nations..
Concur the World Campain, if you buy the expansion pack, you also get the Alexander the great, napoleon, New World, and Cold War campaigns. and some more countries to play as.

all together will cost about 15$

Flag Post

Company of Heroes series is by far the best RTS game I’ve ever played. I think it’s even better than starcraft 2

Flag Post

My all time favorite strategy game is atWar. I’ve played the Total War series alot. They’re not bad. I like Sins of a Solar Empire and other RTSs like Warcraft/Starcraft and AoE. But in the end I find that they have alot of nice fluff but lack real depth when it comes to strategy.

Flag Post

I’ve never really gotten into any MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) games except for one, because it’s sci fi themed instead of fantasy. That game is Natural Selection 2, and I have played it for 130 hours it is a ton of fun. Humans vs Aliens, lots of combat combined with building structures for your team. Each team has a "commander’ who gives orders and uses strategy to outmatch the other team.

Flag Post

Chess, StarCraft 1 and 2, DotA, and Go…you can spend a good 5000 hours on each of those and be nowhere near the best ^^ The depth in each of those games is layer upon layer upon layer, where the more you learn and integrate, the more possibilities you see erupt from the same position or situation. All these games are most interesting when actively trying to get better, but can also be enjoyed just for fun. Additionally, StarCraft and DotA can earn you a ton of money if you become good enough

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:

Don’t forget the Command & Conquer series, if you’re wanting a more futuristic RTS :D
Or Stronghold/The Settlers, if you’re looking for more economic-based RTS’s.

Red Alert 3 was good.

Flag Post

Fire Emblem is good but hard because of perma death (Game over if the lord unit gets killed). But you can always reset and take a different approach.

Flag Post

Killer Strategy war game[http://visual-utopia.com/] is not for stupid people

While the name is boring and kinda deceiving, as it isn’t visually spectacular. the gameplay involved in this is incredible. if you ever played a RTS war game, most are unbalanced and not very strategic. [http://visual-utopia.com/] is far superior when it comes to actual strategy. working together with your kingdom or friends. versus other kingdoms. a fantastic above view of the battlefield hold territory, take your enemies cities, cast spells, there is a market for selling your resources. so many different ways to play, do you like to cast spells on helpless enemies? choose elf, do you prefer to battle and find treasures? choose Halfling, or are you more of a terrify your enemy with an over powered army of flying Nazgul kinda guy? choose Orc there are three other race all with unique abilities and troops.

Now when I said not for stupid people I mean it, stupid people will brush this game off without giving it a shot because it is beyond their comprehension. if you are a smart person who likes playing a game that isn’t about instant satisfaction, rather about the long game, spend a month battling through the world to finally come out on top. then this is the game for you. Im willing to teach anyone who asks just contact George Takei. Oh Myy!

Flag Post
Originally posted by rohanshah1:

ty age of mythology is gonna hold me down for a couple of months

Best strategy game ever.

Flag Post

Halo Wars isnt bad if you are a Halo fan.