Minecraft or Skyrim? page 2

214 posts

Flag Post

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha why would you even ask this SKYRIM because minecraft doesnt even come close to the greatness of skyrim. in skyrim you can kill dragons and go into deep quests that have storylines that will keep you playing for days on end whie minecraft on the other hand is just repetitive building and breaking blocks. if youre under the age of three play minecraft because thats how old kids who play with legos are if youre older than three play skyrim because…well do i really have to explain?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mohawkg4:

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha why would you even ask this SKYRIM because minecraft doesnt even come close to the greatness of skyrim. in skyrim you can kill dragons and go into deep quests that have storylines that will keep you playing for days on end whie minecraft on the other hand is just repetitive building and breaking blocks. if youre under the age of three play minecraft because thats how old kids who play with legos are if youre older than three play skyrim because…well do i really have to explain?

You can kill a dragon in Minecraft, too.

Flag Post

minecraft is cheeper than skyrim…

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:

minecraft is cheeper than skyrim…

And not to mention BETTER!

Flag Post

First: Their both complete and utter shit; just in different ways.

Minecraft is complete and utter shit in every way.

Skyrim is complete and utter shit in everything other than graphics.

Flag Post

How minecraft is for building, not the best graphics.
Skyrims graphics are good but is crap!

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLightningBolt:

Sales don’t seem to think so.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

First: Their both complete and utter shit; just in different ways.

Minecraft is complete and utter shit in every way.

Skyrim is complete and utter shit in everything other than graphics.

Have you played both games for longer than half an hour?

Flag Post

Mmmyes, I own both.

Flag Post

CatFace, its probably a matter of opinion, please don’t post saying “They suck/They’re utter shit” it clogs up the page and is really annoying. But doesn’t matter to me, any who well I don’t really love them but they’re okay I guess.

Originally posted by omegareaper7:

Sales don’t seem to think so.

Meh, they’re bad I know. But they both are not popular. People should buy them to try. Or just get MineCraft free version. So they can try.

Flag Post

Skyrim sucks.

Buy Oblivion instead.

also, minecraft is a RIPOFF of manic digger!

Flag Post

It doesn’t clog up the page any more than the whining fanboys shouting that their game is superior…

And it’s far more accurate.

Flag Post

Well, as stated before, Skyrim is an RPG and Minecraft is Lego.

I personally prefer to do lego with those little plastic stones but of course some people think it’s cool to do so digitally.

If you should decide to buy Skyrim, only buy it for PC, not for a console. The reason is that there are more patches and Bug-fixes for the PC and that on the PC you have a very active modding-scene which creates tons of (free) extra content.

And of course there are always those who complain that Skyrim is not like Oblivion and therefor sucks, as there has been those who said Oblivion is not like Morrowind and therefor sucks, and Morrowind is not like daggerfall and daggerfall is not like arena… I wouldn’t listen to those.

Skyrim just is different to minecraft in nearly any way so it isn’t really compareable. Just base your decision on what YOU want to play.
Skyrim takes around 200 hours of gameplay to finish every quest in game (without those quest beeing added in mods) and will very likely get at least one Add-On. But it’s expensive.
Minecraft is more like… Well, Lego. It might get boring for you after just a few hours of gameplay or it might catch you and let you play thousands of hours. If you belong to the first type, it would be a waste of money, if you belong to the second type, it’s very cheap. I would recommend you to play a demo before you make up your decision.

Flag Post

i like minecrafts graphics. realistic doesnt equal better. there are some minor changes that could be made to improve minecrafts graphics. yes i said minor changes, but i would say that it works well as is. minecraft is the perfect example of why we DO NOT NEED these uber realistic graphics on so many games. a majority of games could be made with minecrafts graphics and would be just as functional.

i love the way my minecraft world looks. its amazing how beautiful a bunch of colored blocks gathered together can be. i only play in creative mode, it is the best pc game ive ever seen. it is not the kind of game i could play for hours in a row, but its a fun 30-40 minute diversion every now and then.

Flag Post

It doesn’t clog up the page any more than the whining fanboys shouting that their game is superior…

Well, agreed. Now I know that Skyrim is better and Mineraft is a ripoff. Sorry.

Flag Post

Well, agreed. Now I know that Skyrim is better and Mineraft is a ripoff. Sorry.

ok im sorry but HOW is minecraft a ripoff

Flag Post

It’s very hard to compare the two games but I would get Skyrim if I had the choice.

Flag Post

Best answer? Pirate them both and buy the one you like. It isn’t hard.

Flag Post

[quote]
i love the way my minecraft world looks. its amazing how beautiful a bunch of colored blocks gathered together can be. i only play in creative mode, it is the best pc game ive ever seen. it is not the kind of game i could play for hours in a row, but its a fun 30-40 minute diversion every now and then.
[/quote]

..ok….I could never play in creative mode for very long.

bet you could find yourself playing for hours at a time if you played on survival and tried to explore and light up an entire cave system…especially if you find a stronghold/abandoned mineshaft.

Flag Post

ok im sorry but HOW is minecraft a ripoff

Minecraft was based on another block game, which is a fact that is used for Minecraft haters. The argument on their side is flawed heavily on various levels for obvious reasons, listening to it and arguing back is like beating a dead horse to kill it.
If I had to choose, I would choose Minecraft, and it’s the objectively correct answer. While both games aren’t comparable, the fun extracted from it is. (Skyrim is an apple and Minecraft is an orange, not comparable. But both are fruits, just like both give fun, which are comparable) While Skyrim gave me 250+ hours of gameplay, it faded out of my life after only a few months, while Minecraft has been standing for over two years as recurrent game, and it’s a VERY common phenomena. It’s actually pretty objectively and inherently hard for Minecraft to actually get boring for almost every single intelligent person that plays it, unlike Skyrim.
While Skyrim would be a better game (but then again, comparing apples and oranges), Minecraft turns out to be a better choice on the long run. It also comes with the packages called ‘incredibly amazing community’ and ‘constant amazing updates’.

Flag Post

minecraft is better if u have a bit of creativity while skyrim you really cant obtain ultimate power (unless there is some mod) and there are thousands of mods for minecraft and you can create graphics anytime anywere so i would choose minecraft

Flag Post

Minecraft because it can be online and can have more fun with because there is more possibilities. Get Minecraft if like Sandbox and creating games. or skyrim for good graphic RPG’s

Flag Post

I’ll lay out an argument based on more than the Buy Skyrim if x, buy Minecraft if Y.

Minecraft is an amazing game. I have been playing since beta, and only recently stopped. The best part of the game by far is online building with your friends, and online competition with random strangers who happened to join at the same time as you. In addition, the modding on the game is the best I’ve ever seen in any game ever, which is saying something. If you think there’s something that would make the world better, there’s probably a mod for it. Unfortunately, however many pros there are for the game, the game still stinks in certain areas. At the very lowest level of the game, you are building. Despite the Notchdates that added semi-butnotreally-endgame updates including the dragon, this game is not an RPG. It can never be an RPG. This game is not supposed to have an end. On this note, the fact that the world is practically endless is only partly true. Although it is completely true that you could walk for a LONG time before the game would wrap around itself (I’m not entirely sure how this works, but In know it ends sometime), eventually everything is the same. Maybe not identically, but the fact that there are ‘biomes’ means that in the end everything you see will fit into a number of distinct categories that are undeniably similar. This doesn’t mean that you can’t be endlessly creative on these areas, but the environment is not truly ‘endless’. Therefore, the game WILL get boring (although this is massively reduced by online play).

TL;DR of this section; Despite certain attempts at RPG, this game wasn’t meant to end. This game is creatively endless, but not environmentally, so will get boring.

Onto Skyrim. As has been mentioned, this game is insanely buggy. Make as many excuses as you want, but some things should have been fixed by now. You ALMOST DEFINITELY will have to go searching online for some console code if you want to complete every quest, and for many other things (including how to play the f**ing game so as to not flounder around like a pissing seal). Getting past that point, we can move onto the actual game. This game is catered to a huge variety of people, but all ending in the category of “Likes to spend massive amounts of time doing not particularly much”. As has been mentioned, the world is amazingly beautiful, made even more so by a nice computer and a large mod bank. People are not joking when they say you can spend a huge amount of time (I’m talking ~250 hours) playing this game. There are essentially 3 endings; 1.finishing the main questline; this can take 20 hours, or 150 hours, depending on how many other quests you do first and your playstyle. 2. 100%; this involves finishing all dungeons/quests. 3. Player maxed out; there is not really defining point of this, and most would not go to this point. Somewhere between ending 1 and 2 is probably the most common ending point. This game has no online features (other than some currently sh*tty mod), but Bethesda has recently said they’re releasing something of the sort (no details).

Section TL;DR: Game is glitchy and beautiful. At some points, drags on, but variable ending allows different personalities to decide when you’re done playing.

Review/Scoring:
Playtime: Tie. There is more potential in Minecraft, but I would say noone really plays after they’ve done everything.

Replayability: Skyrim. Given enough time between replays (to get past the “I’ve done this” grog), Skyrim. Simply choose a new class. A ‘fresh start’ in Minecraft quickly turns into more of the same.

Mods: Minecraft. Although Skyrim’s suite is impressive, the best are related to eyecandy, and don’t extend gameplay. Minecraft has mods for everything.

Online: Minecraft. Skyrim has online in dev, but I’ thought I’d throw this in because one of the best parts of Minecraft is the online playing.

Spontaneous measure of ‘Fun’: Skyrim. I’d like to explain that defining ‘fun’ is retarded in comparing these two. But it is important to think of Minecraft as a long term kind of game. You start building something new, and two hours later you have something to show for it. Whereas in Skyrim, you can jump out into the field, and immediately be faced by something that requires a variety of maneuvers to outwit and kill. You can choose any way to kill it you want; even switch mid-battle. Instantaneous enjoyment (the original point of videogames).

Updates: Tie. If we ignore the impending DLC and online, then Skyrim has almost entirely had bug-fix updates. Minecraft, on the other hand, has had a huge number of updates (not all good) in a variety of areas. If you don’t want to ignore future updates, Skyrim has this hands-down.

As I f**ing knew I would by that comparison, I concluded nothing. So I’ll give you a final conclusion. Both Minecraft and Skyrim are good right now, but Skyrim is going to get better in the next year or so. Minecraft will slowly get better. Strictly on this basis, you will not want to replay Skyrim for the DLC and online. Go buy Minecraft.

TL;DR The author doesn’t really know the peeing habits of seals.

Flag Post

i would skip both of them.

i tried minecraft. sorry but it is boring. the gfx are blocky and i cant get into the building mechanics. if i was going to build something in a computer game, i would want it to be alive and interactive like an mmo. Neverwinter Nights toolset already lets me do all that.

i looked at skyrim. I don’t see anything in it ahead of Oblivion or Morrowind.

If i was you i would play an mmo with full sandbox multiplayer, full persistent world: Realms Online, Aika Online, Dragon Nest, Neverwinter Nights 1 — any of these are leagues ahead of Skyrim and minecraft. And they are all free (except for neverwinter).

Flag Post
Originally posted by chimshar:

i would skip both of them.

i tried minecraft. sorry but it is boring. the gfx are blocky and i cant get into the building mechanics. if i was going to build something in a computer game, i would want it to be alive and interactive like an mmo. Neverwinter Nights toolset already lets me do all that.

i looked at skyrim. I don’t see anything in it ahead of Oblivion or Morrowind.

If i was you i would play an mmo with full sandbox multiplayer, full persistent world: Realms Online, Aika Online, Dragon Nest, Neverwinter Nights 1 — any of these are leagues ahead of Skyrim and minecraft. And they are all free (except for neverwinter).

Some people don’t like/can’t get into MMO’s.
I would choose skyrim.