Minecraft or Skyrim? page 6

214 posts

Flag Post

yall are all wrong its skycraft

Flag Post

Well minecraft is $20 bux and has terrible graphics but it would be strange if minecraft had awesome graphics, i couldnt imagine that. You can build alot stuff in minecraft to of course. You can get pets, play with friends in different kind of servers. Minecraft is updated too altho idk that much about how its done and when but its alive. You of course can’t really finish Minecraft either.

Skyrim is like $80 and has really good graphics and is RPG of course and you can go around the world of skyrim doing quests, putting people and dragons, and other creatures DOWN, and buying houses and more. Skyrim has downloadable content too, so its pretty much impossible to finish.

I don’t really know much about Minecraft and Skyrim so some things about it are missing but thats something..

Flag Post

Minecraft

Flag Post

In total I would skip out on Skyrim. If you want a RPG I would suggest something like Dark Souls. Otherwise, you would fine Minecraft better if you are more of a creative type. It all depends on the player’s preference.

Flag Post

skyrim is truthfully best but minecraft lets you do a lot more. if you like just messing around go minecraft, but if you want a storyline go skyrim

Flag Post

plus i own them both so i know what i’m talking about. fyi danegaurd is soooo worth it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zack1399:

if you want a storyline go skyrim

You can’t be serious. All this time and you didn’t realize. Skyrim has next to no story, and what little it does is standard fantasy schlock. I guess if you’ve never seen anything else with a story, Skyrim could be engaging, but it really isn’t that good to be honest.

Originally posted by zack1399:

minecraft lets you do a lot more

Like developing aspergers and being a tit online. Or, if none of those things take your fancy, you can uninstall the game and free up your harddrive space for something more fun. Like malware.

Flag Post

Both games end up getting boring simply because there is nothing left to do…

That begin said, my vote goes from Skyrim, because its 60 hours of gameplay had a MUCH higher value than MInecraft 10 r so… althougt if you are creative, Minecraft should last you until you run out of cretivity.

ALso, skyrim is getting a dlc soon. you should take that into account. (or, do like some people do, wait for GOTY edition).

Flag Post

They are very different games, Skyrim is apparently amazing and I really want it, though get minecraft first as it’s cheaper.

If you get a bit desperate, you could always install the skyrimcraft mod on your minecraft.

Flag Post

Hi, it must be just be me i loved Minecraft… I hated Skyrim….

Flag Post

Personally Minecraft, because you can do whatever the heck you feel like doing. No storyline crap, unless you want it. Then you can download a world created by someone else and play through their cleverly designed traps and plot. :D Also, it has the hardest boss fight ever. And it is regularly updated, and Minecraft has some insane mods (Portal guns, anyone?), although i’m sure Skyrim has plenty too. Really, it’s your choice, but Minecraft is cheaper and can keep you amused for agesssss… D:

Flag Post

Minecraft. Skyrim is to difficult for the small thinkers.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ayerf:

Personally Miecraft, (…) Also, it has the hardest boss fight ever.(…)

Um… troll?

Sorry but, for real…

Flag Post

MINECRAFFFFFFTTTTTT!!!
Because there is no storyline but if you want one create or do an adventure map!
Also you can build whatever you feel like.
A city…
A mansion…
A statue…
Endless Possibilities.
So for me its Minecraft

Flag Post

Minecraft has the hardest boss fight ever

It’s the health and shitty weapons that do it.

but Minecraft is cheaper

Price doesn’t necessarily determine how good a game is.

Because there is no storyline

You think a storyline is a bad thing?

I’d go with Skyrim.

Flag Post
Originally posted by aguspal:

Personally Minecraft, (…) Also, it has the hardest boss fight ever.(…)

Um… troll?

Sorry but, for real…

Eh, what I was meaning was not really the boss fight itself, but the whole business of getting there. Assuming you’re in Survival Mode and not Creative (which was intended for building awesome stuff, not cheating on the boss fight) it’s pretty hard unless you mod. You have to locate a hidden underground stronghold (of which there are only 3 in the entire infinite world) get to the portal room, fighting annoying silverfish that jump out of the rock, and then, once you’re there, you must defeat a giant dragon which destroys anything it touches and constantly heals itself with crystals on massive podiums, which you gotta destroy. I could only do it on Creative, like the cheater i am. :3

“Price doesn’t necessarily determine how good a game is.”

Same goes for Skyrim. More money doesn’t automatically mean a better game, and vice versa.

Actually, just get both. They’re two different games, both pretty good, but in different ways. it ultimately depends on what you like in a game.

Flag Post

SKYRIM ALL THE WAY

Flag Post

both pretty good

Nope.

Flag Post

Nope.

Yeah, that’s true. When compared to Minecraft, Skyrim simply crumbles.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BoxBeat:

Nope.

Yeah, that’s true. When compared to Minecraft, Skyrim simply crumbles.

Well yeah, they’re both shitty games. What you’re doing is arguing which turd is the worst.

Flag Post

Seeing how these are two of the games I play religiously (Hopefully you guys can tell what a joke is), I guess I should input my opinion in this.

SKYRIM
Visually amazing. This is one of the games you play just for the exploration and the scale of the world you are in. The fantasy in the game is very creative with some thoughtfully designed towns and dungeons, and it also contains a very deep lore, especially if you go back and play a couple more games. The biggest downside to this game is the joke of a RPG system. In my opinion, it is not an RPG, it’s an Action/Adventure game, and a very good one at the least. Of course, there are a lot of mods on the Steam workshop that can help turn it into a true RPG, adding in meaningful choices, detailed loot, and actual stats that aren’t just perks.

MINECRAFT
Not as much a game, but it is closer to a sandbox that actually has sand in it. Most games that claim to be sandbox games are just boxes with a whole bunch of toys and mediocre plot, but this gives you the things you would want in a sandbox game: Total control and fun. The game is made from cubes, so it isn’t the best game visually, but like Skyrim, it is highly moddable (<— Not a word…) so if you have a powerful enough PC, you can easily get a shader mod with a high resolution texture pack and it will look beautiful. I’m not exaggerating when I say this: This game has endless fun.

Also note, if you are planning to get either of these games on Xbox: Forget it. Not worth the money on the console as it is too limited and requires a lot of pocket change for extra content, and not to mention that both of them are behind the PC version in content.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Must I list my reasons again?

-Control and Fun
So what if they are cubes? It still allows a lot of depth in building 3D objects in a enviroment. Must I mention that everything on your computer is small little cubes known as pixels?

-This game has endless fun
You have the ability to create building, statues, structures, machines, maps, cities, towns, and even more with the expansions of mods.
Also, autism isn’t funny. Seriously.

-Fantasy is very creative
I may have had a mini-stoke when I wrote that

-Very deep lore
http://www.imperial-library.info/
Still yet to see a franchise with a more expansive lore that’s not mediocre.

-Action/Adventure
I will go into great detail with this, but to summarize. THERE ARE NO MEANINGFUL CHOICES.
Most RPGs have a great deal of customization that co-excists with the storytelling. In Skyrim, you can be the world’s most powerful ninja running around with a 2H sword made from Daedra hearts and still, you do not feel important to the world at all. Take Dragon Age Origins for example, and how they did RPGs right in comparison with Skyrim.
>They allowed you to create whoever you like. Check.
>They had a dialogue and story driven singleplayer. DA, check. Skyrim, nope. Skyrim doesn’t have any meaningful choices at all except “Stormcloaks or Imperials”. I must also point out that they are both incredibly stupid. One is revolting at a terrible time and the others are trying to take what isn’t theirs.
>They allowed high character trait and perk customization. Dragon Age, check. Skryim, nope. This is laughably terrible. They give you a pitiful amount of perks per skill, all of which you can train in a single playthrough of the game. This means NO REPLAYABILITY. This is the final nail in the coffin. You should NEVER be able to be the jack of all trades in a RPG. NEVER.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

No, please. Suggest some games that I may like. No more rage.

I also want to point out that I have actually been having constant TIAs for the past 4 years because my heart is known to “Flutter”