Minecraft or Skyrim? page 7

214 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

What’s so good about Minecraft? Looks awfully boring. Get Skyrim.

Flag Post

MineCraft has way more stuff to do than Skyrim.

Flag Post

Ok, Let me point something obvious out. Yes, technically minecraft has more longetivity, but its the same thing. you could play for ten minutes and pretty much figure out what the whole game is. In Skyrim, there are always new places that have unique creatures and awesome treasure. In Minecraft, you have to build and fight. In skyrim, you do whatever the f*** you want with few consequences. Minecraft has blocks and not amazing art, although some find that to be enjoyable and simplistic. I myself however prefer Skyrim’s amazing detail and shapes, much variety and uniqueness can be found.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hangman95:

Ok, Let me point something obvious out. Yes, technically minecraft has more longetivity, but its the same thing. you could play for ten minutes and pretty much figure out what the whole game is. In Skyrim, there are always new places that have unique creatures and awesome treasure. In Minecraft, you have to build and fight. In skyrim, you do whatever the f*** you want with few consequences. Minecraft has blocks and not amazing art, although some find that to be enjoyable and simplistic. I myself however prefer Skyrim’s amazing detail and shapes, much variety and uniqueness can be found.

I agree with this. Minecraft is awesome.. but like hangman said, Skyrim is huge and you discover a lot more new things all the time. Minecraft doesn’t have much of that.

But they are two different games..

If you like lego you will like minecraft.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLightningBolt:

MineCraft has way more stuff to do than Skyrim.

It has about an hour’s worth of content, bro. Minecraft is shallow as hell.

Flag Post

Kids kids, let me tell you. Minecrafts content is infinite, while skyrims is enormous. I totally agree that in single player minecraft loses to skyrim. But the content brought by the community to minecraft makes it infinite. Infinite places to explore, infinite stories to unwield, infinite fights to fight. Skyrim? Same thing but its not infinite.

Flag Post

What do you play then.

Flag Post
Originally posted by urine420:

^Skyrim is large in scale, but is shallow as all hell; Minecraft is infinite in scale, but one of the most shallow games ever made. I’d hesitate to even call Minecraft a game. Neither is worth playing.

ok buddy, sure. You never played either for more than 15 minutes, I can tell. And the definition of shallow means “not much”. large scale means alot. and if you meant shallow as in the emotional definition, then you make no sense, cuz games dont have feelings. Your point is pointless, dont speak words just to try to impress us. and this discussion is about choosing one, not discarding both. Just choose the one you like MOST. Jesus.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DodgeryArc:

Kids kids, let me tell you. Minecrafts content is infinite, while skyrims is enormous. I totally agree that in single player minecraft loses to skyrim. But the content brought by the community to minecraft makes it infinite. Infinite places to explore, infinite stories to unwield, infinite fights to fight. Skyrim? Same thing but its not infinite.

I agree, to a point. Multi-Player in Minecraft brings one big problem, mean players. I forget their special name, but all those lands are pointless if they keep getting blown up. and these people arent random jerks, they have special groups, hell, they have their own servers! In the end, I’m happy that skyrim doesnt have multi-player, cuz then other people wont ruin my game

EDIT: they are known as Griefers.

Flag Post

I agree, to a point. Multi-Player in Minecraft brings one big problem, mean players. I forget their special name, but all those lands are pointless if they keep getting blown up. and these people arent random jerks, they have special groups, hell, they have their own servers! In the end, I’m happy that skyrim doesnt have multi-player, cuz then other people wont ruin my game

Go into a server with worldguard or whatever its called and make sure only YOU can edit your house. PROBLEM SOLVED.

On Topic
Minecraft’s possibilities are endless because of, weekly updates(snapshots), mods(there’s a mod for almost everything), texture packs(you can get better graphics than skyrim if your computer can handle it. In my eyes minecraft beats skyrim as far as creativity goes, and one of the best parts of minecraft is if you can gather a bunch of friends and work on a HUGE project.

Edit: Forgot about custom maps, they add a whole new level of RPG to minecraft

Flag Post
Originally posted by djrockstar:

Go into a server with worldguard or whatever its called and make sure only YOU can edit your house. PROBLEM SOLVED.

On Topic
Minecraft’s possibilities are endless because of, weekly updates(snapshots), mods(there’s a mod for almost everything), texture packs(you can get better graphics than skyrim if your computer can handle it. In my eyes minecraft beats skyrim as far as creativity goes, and one of the best parts of minecraft is if you can gather a bunch of friends and work on a HUGE project.

Edit: Forgot about custom maps, they add a whole new level of RPG to minecraft

= infinite as i said before :P

Flag Post

I take Both.

Flag Post

You cant take both, you need to chose.

Flag Post

Minecraft then. It reminds me age of Lego xD but you can make unlimited things. So Minecraft.

Flag Post

Wow man! You played minecraft for a week, nice. I got around 500 hours of gameplay. Its still aint enough.

Flag Post

Wow man! You played minecraft for a week, nice. I got around 500 hours of gameplay. Its still aint enough.

Yeah, a week was all it took to see all the content the game had and to explore all possible options. Anyone who keeps playing after that point must be spectacularly stupid and easily entertained. So good job on falling on the stupid side of the bell curve.

Unless he fell on the intelligent side of the metaphorical bell curve and A. Got mods B. Learned how to use redstone and built weird stuff that’s epic. C. Built a huge mega-structure in survival mode.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darver:

Unless he fell on the intelligent side of the metaphorical bell curve and A. Got mods B. Learned how to use redstone and built weird stuff that’s epic. C. Built a huge mega-structure in survival mode.

Mods aren’t a part of the game, and you can’t say a game is good because of them. I shouldn’t have to download some shit to make a game I payed for enjoyable. If I pay for a game, it should be enjoyable without requiring mods, or else it is a bad game.

Redstone is only complicated because it is badly designed, if it was well designed and user-friendly, then making shit with it wouldn’t be seen as “epic”. What you’re basically saying is that to enjoy Minecraft, you should spend your time learning a cumbersome and counter-intuitive, barely functional wiring system to do shit that isn’t really all that great anyway.

Anyone can build large cocks or the Starship Enterprise in minecraft, it’s not something that requires intelligence or makes the game fun. In fact, because the game is so shallow, it devolves into bland resource grinding in order to make these maga-structures that you speak of. The only people who could possibly devote that much time to doing something so boring and repetitive and pointless are massive aspergic babies.

So yeah, Minecraft is objectively a poorly-coded, badly-designed, shallow and unfun game enjoyed only by manchildren with Asperger’s. GG, Minecraft fans, you sure are predictably shit.

anyone who builds mega structures are must likely using creative mode.

Flag Post

Skyrim. Any day.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:

anyone who builds mega structures are must likely using creative mode.

Originally posted by Darver:
. Built a huge mega-structure in survival mode.

I assumed people would be able to read when communicating in a text-based medium. I guess I expected too much from bronies and Minecraft fans.

Most.
Likely.
I did not say everyone uses it, but most do.