VULCAN SIEGE beta

24 posts

Flag Post

Hey everyone! i just uploaded a “beta” of VULCAN SIEGE, a new game i am working on. If their are any game testers out there, please try out the game and leave feedback, this open to game designers too. Or how bout evry1 jus check it out and let me know what u think!! this is my 3rd game and its halfway done, ok thnx!!

heres the link:
http://kongregate.com/games/JoHnBo1/vulcan-siege-a

Flag Post

Well I like it so far, it looks like a base for a great space shooter. I was unable to play beyond the first level though, because when I clicked the Go! button in the upgrade screen.. it would just go back into the upgrade screen and wouldn’t move onto the next stage. Good start though.

Flag Post

Games forum is there for a reason, but I’m gonna take a look at the game now.

I’ve taken a look, and the different ship systems looked intruiguing, but everything move waaaaay too slow. It makes it so boring, and I only killed three ships before I quite in boredom. I used the Magnum ship.

Using a faster ship was better, but still too slow overall, especially the enemies. I think the weapons are too weak as well, since the first ships in the game should really be one hit kill for any weapon. Maybe the bosses should be more affected by powerful weapons? Also more variety in their movement, rather than moving straight towards you at an even pace. Good potential though.

Flag Post

oh yeah im gonna make the game progress faster but over a few days the past picks up, and then it picks up to fast lol, oh and the bugs are fixed like the 1st level part, there should be 25 levels and a boss battle

Flag Post

haha the whole game was thrown off by 1 implaced frame! wow! lol but evrything works now!!

Flag Post

Will digg the game once finished :)

Flag Post

thnx mav! and the game is now uploaded w/o that “xtra frame” lol all levels work now

Flag Post

Good game, but there were some strange problems…. Buying engine upgrades was necessary due to the low speed of my ship, but I got multiple levels per upgrade…. my weapon was fine though. The boss battle was not on day 25 AFAIK, and also the boss just seemed to randomly die in 3 shots.

Flag Post

okay i fixed most of the notified problems, just let me know if there are anymore. All 25 levels i guarentee are working lol every1 keeps saying it ended at SCORPIUS, and i was like whhatt??? but yeah new updates to TEST Vuclan check it out:
heres the link: http://kongregate.com/games/JoHnBo1/vulcan-siege-a

Flag Post

It’s working so much better now. Love the multi-direction movement, and timer bar! Keep it up!

Flag Post

(This happened when I was using the normal ship, I don’t know about the others)

-When I was firing and tried to move upwards and to the left, it would go only one direction, instead of both at once

-Once I maxed out the weapon, the crystal thing by the cost was still there, while with the engine, when it was maxed, the crystal thing disappeared

-On day 22, one of the small dark gray enemies (with a short lifebar) (with the two things sticking out of the back of it), wasn’t hurt by my weapon (it was max at that point) but it could still hurt me, and hurt the Earth ( :O< is sort of like what it looks like, with the colon being pincer thingies, O as the main body, and the less than sign as the two things sticking out its back)

-On day 26, the Earth disappeared >_> I’m not sure if it is intentional or not

-On day 27 and afterwards, the same thing with the Earth disappearing happened, and then the level ended REALLY fast. It also kept on saying I was still on day 27

Also, a suggestion, add in something to show that we get hurt, like turning red momentarily like you did with the Earth. And what is the green “S” by the timer? And what’s the “aim lv”?

But besides those bugs, it was pretty fun :D.

Flag Post

new updates, sorry platy pig didn’t fix those bugs yet, still looking for the messed up code lol, but thnx for letting me know, i fixed the last mission when earth dissapears, becuase in the story board it is Triton’s last stand against the Argonian/Chimerian mixed fleet. And im still trying to implement the damage hittest that shows when u get hit, lol, shouldnt be too hard but ur right, that is definitely needed

Once again, new version updated, might be last update before the FINAL release!! DUNT-DUNT -DUUUUNT!!…..dunt-dunt….haha

Flag Post

hmmm, alot of people are saying that the “SPECIAL” ship isnt working after you beat the game and unlock it. If any1 beats the game and “unlocks” the ship, can you tell me if it worked or didnt? it worked on mine so now im confused lol

Flag Post

ok, “SPECIAL” mode is officially working, any further probs lemme know, boy updated this TEST version like 30 times lol

Flag Post

You might want to consider, now that it is almost fully completed, deleting the old game and uploading the best version so you can get rid of all those 1s you got when it was glitchy.

Flag Post

sadly, i might be able to do that 1 week or 2 from now, but im gonna try and get the FINAL version up ASAP!

Flag Post

By the way, you can update your existing game by pressing “edit” in the bottom of the game and then upload the .swf file.

Flag Post

He edited it around 6 times already. Also, it still cannot fire and move diagonally up and left at the same time, fix that please.

Flag Post

Project Vulcan is on the development stages again, sorry guys but the test version will be EXTREMELY better. I saw a whole slew of things that i want to add, change, and remove. I just want 2 thank you all *for testing the game and helping in making it better!! The final game will now take *longer than what i thought to release, but will be a complete and much better game than its beta counterpart. For those few who are excited lol, heres some stuff about the new game that is currently being worked on.

- Faster, more exciting, and of course balanced game play.

- ALOT more enemy types, and alot of them won’t be the one hit kill types.

- More BOSSES(Probably up to 5-7, im working on my 3rd right now) , all more difficult than the Scorpius.

- Weapon upgrades, will have more drastic affect towards game play.

-Revamped BONUS system

- Powerups during gameplay such as invincibility, hyper speed, BONUS increases, etc.

- “Sattelite” weapons that follow the vulcan, called AIMs. (Artificial Intelligent Mechs). They are upgradeable with weapons such as chain guns, sniper guns, bombs, shileds, etc.

- And a whole lot more that things are to come!! Im keeping them secret for now ;)

So yeah if u have any questions or comments , or just want to pitch ideas at me, post them here or leave me a shout out! Sadly i will not update the Vulcan Siege Beta anymore, but it will be there for evryone to test and leave feedback ;)

Flag Post

Looking forward to seeing the full game. I haven’t played a good space shooter since R-type Final.

Flag Post

First shot never works. lol

Also, having multiple shots for the “power” ship ends up being 3 times redundant. All three hits a mini enemy, and that enemy takes like 5 seconds to die. What’s the point? None of the shots get through. So you end up taking out 1 enemy at a time.

And anyway I don’t see this as a space shooter. This is more like a defense game.

Flag Post

yeah its a space defense game, and about the fisrt shot thintg, i always thought of it as loading up the gun, and pending which ship type you used that time would vary, but if it turns to be a problem ill chnge it. Work under the final version is going pretty well with new upgrades and changes being implemented. It probably won’t release this month but im working as fast i can with as little time i have lol. So sorry Ryuchitoran, this isn’t an actual “Space shooter” genre like gradius, but i do have a story board and outline for a game like that. After the vulcan series, illl probably begin work on that ;)

Flag Post

okay, every1 said its very laggy so i put up a new version with a smaller screen size and quality, hopefully its not as bad this time ;)

Flag Post

okay, that ship xploding bug was funny, but theres a new update, and thats it!!! no more!!! lol