The Game Called "Runescape"

45 posts

Flag Post

GamingSensations Say its “Excellent, immersive environments than run on your computer using Java – no download of software required!”

I believe this game could expand worldwide, although it is already, It is a updating MMORPG! You can be a level three and go all the way to 126, But with membership its 138! So enjoy!

Link: Www.Runescape.com

Flag Post

Real Link: http://www.runescape.com/

Flag Post

Runescape used to be really popular, but it’s declined because of all the other, much, much better MMOs out there.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkscanner:

Runescape used to be really popular, but it’s declined because of all the other, much, much better MMOs out there.

its declined because of a string of bad or very lacking updates, not because its outdated. WOW is outdated, runescape is just simplistic on purpose. i think the game is very good for its price.

i use to play it a lot, but i stopped because i lost interest in mmos as a whole, runescape itself is a very fun game and i would recommend it.

Flag Post

Runescape is dramatically outdated; and primarily because of that, it’s fallen to the point of relative nonexistence.

WoW is, at this point, dramatically outdated; and primarily because of that, it’s slowly starting to fade away.

That being said; as far as pure gameplay goes; Runescape is one of the better MMOs. The issue is that its graphics look worse than most PS2 games.

Flag Post

Wow, tell me more about this “Runescape,” it sounds like a fascinating game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pokerhappy:

Wow, tell me more about this “Runescape,” it sounds like a fascinating game.

As if you have not heard of Runescape already.
I mean, yeah, it has declined since i used to play it, and when I say play it, I mean play it so much I could be called a nerd for playing it so much. But thats besides the point. Anyone who enjoys MMO’s should deffo check out runescape because it is one o the great original MMOs really.

Flag Post

Lol, I think everyone over 13 has heard of Runescape.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pokerhappy:

Lol, I think everyone over 13 has heard of Runescape.

I’m 12 and what is this?

Flag Post

Ahh… Runescape… good times :)

But that’s also where I learnt how to troll :L

Flag Post

Played RS for 10 years now and I can say the game is really going downhill and fast. If you don’t play already, please, don’t even try it. It’s no longer worth it. I still play it though since it’s the best timekiller I know.

Flag Post

The age of Runescape is dead, it’s all about minecraft.

Flag Post

No. Tibia is better.

/thread

Flag Post

after I get bored of minecraft, i’ll probably go and play a bit of runescape for a while.

Flag Post

It was the best Multiplayer game I ever played on the PC, but thats because Im to lazy to play anything that requires a download, so Im stuck with RS, and Battlestar Galactica Online.

Flag Post

Too much grind. Even for an MMO. When it was released it needed grind as filler content, but now that it has actual content I feel like they could cut down on it.

Flag Post

i think runescape has had too many updates, but i still play when i have the chance.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ZikaBre:

Too much grind. Even for an MMO. When it was released it needed grind as filler content, but now that it has actual content I feel like they could cut down on it.

This this and this…

It’s pure grind, no fun. You could grind all stats to 80ish in a week if you have the right connections or whatever but meeeeh.

Apparently they have a cash-shop/gamble thing now where you pay for a spin on the roulette and get prizes and whatnot… I ain’t going to find out though. It’s such a waste of time.

Flag Post
Start from level three and go all the way to 126, But with membership its 138! So enjoy! [/quote]

Whilst spending over three years getting to 138

Flag Post

You’re only given access to 1/3 or 1/4 of the world without premium.

Flag Post

I find the game boring and often refer to it as, “Grindscape” since that’s pretty much all you do… All the time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Predatorx687:

You’re only given access to 1/3 or 1/4 of the world without premium.

its actually less than 10%, the free game totally sucks. one of the worst free mmorpgs ive ever seen.

however, great member game.

Flag Post

Jagex, the makers of Runescape, is one of the most greediest, naive and arrogant companies I have ever spent my money on. I played Runescape for 6 years and had paid membership for 4-5 years. Jagex has a reputation for having terrible customer feedback, making useless updates and do whatever it takes to earn more money. Sure… Jagex has given away a lot of donations to charities, but they also ceased effort into other websites they managed, like Funorb and Waroflegends, just so they can make a quick buck (aka leeching money off players). Runescape is there highest successful game, and they are seriously destroying it. Took away free trade, didn’t stop botscape until it was too late, made membership loyalty programs 10 YEARS LATE, made invite a friend perks when only bots benefit, and so much more. Runescape was fun when I first joined, but over the years, they ruined there game, they focus on low lvl content (like tutorial remake, ect.) than higher lvl content. Every day, veterans like me have less insensitive to play this game and recommend other games. I quit Runescape several times, but the last time i was on was prob last year in june. I will neverrr go back lol. Why I’m on kong? Nvm gfto <3.

Flag Post

It was fine when I was 10, now I only joke about it.

Flag Post

The free game sucks, you may as well just pay for it, it lists itself as the number one free to play mmorpg or something like that, but I find this to be inaccurate. A minority of the members seem to think that even after months of no updates, F2P shouldn’t have anything since they seem to go by ‘We pay, we say’, and that although generally the community is good, it’s let down by this small minority. I wouldn’t recommend it, it’s an endless grind, skills are essentially labels and serve different functions, but still operate under the same continuous grind.