Unofficial New Star Soccer Strategy Guide

8 posts

Flag Post

Like association football in real life, users playing New Star Soccer on Kongregate should employ a repeatable strategy to be successful in the game. Three facets of NSS determine success during gameplay:

Control of the ball

Interpersonal relations (team, fans, boss and girlfriend)

Financial advice

Users can chime in to contribute to the NSS guide. This will be a collaborative effort.

Flag Post

When playing, control of the ball dictates the outcomes of the game. Fortunately, if one plays association football in real life, (s)he can carry his/her skills to NSS.

To kick the ball, simply direct it by pulling back, and move your mouse so the arrow points in the desired direction in frame 1. If you want the ball to curve, simply curve on the opposite side. Increasing the distance left or right from the impact and the centre of the ball increases the curvature of the trajectory. Curvature of the trajectory can be used to circumvent opponents and to offset the effect of wind.

Controlling ball velocity is important. Players can control exerted force on the ball by pulling back to increase force or pushing forward to decrease force. Furthermore, kicking the football above or below the centre determines how high the ball will ascend. Kicking the ball below the centre launches it immediately. Kicking it below sends it toward the ground, so it may bounce. If ascent occurs, gravity will control the acceleration of the ball. Velocity control improves passing and goal attempts, and helps to offset wind.

When passing the ball, make sure you give space for your teammate to retrieve the ball while avoiding your opponents. Consider slowing down the ball and moving the trajectory slightly adjacent to your teammate so he can run to the decelerating ball. Height control also allows you to launch the ball over opponents and near teammates.

Consider this situation: you are near the goal, but a teammate is also in the box. If you want to pass it to your teammate, apply the aforementioned skills, and mind your opponents! If you want to score a goal, it’s just a matter of aiming and clicking, keeping mind of direction, curvature, velocity and height.

Pacing yourself when intercepting is quite important. To successfully intercept the pass, constantly imagine a line segment with the opponents being the points. Before clicking, predict the paths of the players depending on the line. When they are straddling (moving in the same direction), it is your job to follow; if the imaginary line is close to vertical, the players are likely to straddle. However, if the players separate, simply find a spot neat the centre of the frame to intercept; players tend to separate if the “line” is quite slanted.

Flag Post

reserved for interpersonal relations

Flag Post

reserved for financial advice

Flag Post

i cna’t get the game to save even though i have a kongregate account… how can i be able to load a career?

Flag Post

explain what passing does inside there to. (what it does it it keeps on giving you more chances, from what i see)

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:

explain what passing does inside there to. (what it does it it keeps on giving you more chances, from what i see)

And increase the love you get from your teammates.

Flag Post

How is the recovery rate affected by the property you buy? Is it based on the most expensive one you’ve gotten so far or is it cumulative? Also, does having a girlfriend/high happiness affect anything? Girlfriends just seem to be nothing but trouble in the game lol.

Also, not really sure on what some of the different stats affect in the game, like Power, Technique and Vision.