What does this mean for me? You will always be able to play your favorite games on Kongregate. However, certain site features may suddenly stop working and leave you with a severely degraded experience.
What should I do? We strongly urge all our users to upgrade to modern browsers for a better experience and improved security.
We suggest you install the latest version of one of these browsers:
Kongregate is a community-driven browser games portal with an open platform for all web games.
Get your games in front of thousands of users while monetizing through ads and virtual goods.
Learn more »
Hit ‘em hard as you can to trigger their smokebombs (or kill them, with the right towers, like Ballista Dens) so that when they reappear they barely have any health left. Duration of the bomb’s effect won’t change based on the power of the hit. Alternatively, hit ’em with a Fear Crypt and hope it scares them. I prefer method 1 though. If all else fails, use Meteor.
Also, the AOE temples do damage even if they can’t see them. they just need a non stealthed unit to be in range to fire, and they deal damage to all units in range even if the are stealthed. put this near the entry point and it should trigger on the Ninjas pretty reliably
I usually place some towers, preferably AOE and Dens (because crypt has lower fire rate) at the beginning of a map, as close to the entrance i can get them (sometimes have to cut some tree for it)
Keep them upgraded when you can, the more HP you can get on them the first shot, the better
Then in almost every map, their 5second invisibilty runs out around 3/4th of the map, where i have placed my main defense, and they get shot to pieces
Only exception really are some Level Bosses, who seem to get further then 3/4th
Like said before, the Meteor Spell takes out everybody who gets too far, so always have some Mana ready when the Ninja’s show up on you ‘Next Wave’list
Here’s a comprehensive list of tactics I’ve found work against ninjas (with varying levels of success).
1) **Tag Temple:** A Temple at the entrance of a level will force the ninja to use its smoke bomb immediately. By the time it approaches the gems, it’ll be vulnerable to whatever towers you’ve stocked near the cave – and if you’re using this strategy, you should have a LOT of towers here. Best used on larger maps, or in combination with Meteor – particularly for Champion ninjas.
2) **Tag Den:** Similar principle to the Tag Temple, but with a Den at the entrance. Normal and Orcish Dens work best, but Ballista Dens can be effective in groups.
3) **Tag Crypt:** Risky due to the Crypt’s slow fire rate, but staggering the things along a patch of snow (instead of clumped up near the entrance) works to hit the maximum number of ninjas. Most effective with Chilling/Fearful Crypts and the Fear and Freeze-boosting skills in the Undead tree. Also a fairly decent tactic for Champion ninjas.
4) **Hellfire-Ballista Combo** Mainly useful on later levels, especially against the ungodly tough Champion ninjas they throw at you. If you put a Hellfire Temple at the entrance and surround it with Ballista/Catapult Dens, you can Daze the ninjas (slowing them down) and pummel them with the splash damage from the Dens. After that, even the toughest Champion ninja will be vulnerable to your remaining towers and/or some Meteors.
5) **Meteor Spam:** If the ninjas are getting close to your gems and your last line of defence isn’t cutting it, a Meteor or two can hit them even while cloaked. If you max out the Meteor Mastery skill in the Demon tree, you’ll one-shot any non-Champion ninja in the game (and even a few Champion ninjas). For the later Champion ninjas, you’ll need to max out Meteor Study and as many mana-boosting skills in the Undead tree as you can (with maximum damage, minimum cost, and highest possible mana pool, you’ll deal 2000 damage). In general, though, Meteor Spam is best used in tandem with the above strategies to optimize your damage output.