Innkeeper - Recovering Rating

12 posts

Flag Post

So I deliberately tanked my inn’s rating to get some hipsters, but now that that’s done, I can’t recover my rating! The Hipster shit also got me bankrupt twice, costing me amenities throughout the hotel. No one’s leaving the inn with anywhere near my rating of 4 starts so nothing will increase my rating. Advice? At this point, I’m more inclined to just start over entirely.

Flag Post

Just use your filter points to attract more hipsters.
You didn’t literally need to make the place shittier.

Also, there’s a quest at the end where you need to get at least four star ratings from every customer for four days.
Use your filter points to reduce every customer type to zero percent, and make it so you only get one type of customer.
Just outfit the room based purely on what they like, and you’ll get it piss-easily :D

Flag Post

No, I mean, to get the first hipster. You have to get 12 0’s, and that means at least and probably more than one day of locking people out of the hotel. By that point, my rating had bombed, thanks in part to me reading an out of date guide for an earlier version of the game where you had to have a -10 rating to get your first hipster. My point is, I’m trying to get back.

Flag Post

Oh, sorry about that.
I had no idea there was a requirement you had to fulfil in order to attract your first one, I just got mine seemingly randomly.

If you’re wanting to get your rating back, though, try reducing the types of customers you’ll get down to three or four?
That way, it’ll be easier to make those specific few happier rather than trying to cover a broader range of them.

Flag Post

Yeah, there’s a requirement for everyone but the Natives but it only shows up for a brief window when they’re introduced. For anyone reading this ahead of time: if you don’t already have Hipsters, don’t go for them until you’ve already finished the main quest. The step after it is the last in that quest’s line and doesn’t seem to give much of a reward.

That’s a good idea. I’ll see what I can do, thanks.

Flag Post

Ah, right.
I didn’t pay attention to those. Lol.
I just wanted them out of the way….
Anyway, good luck.

Flag Post

And where is the problem?
Even if you got shitty rating from client, he still give you money.
Eventually you will have enough exp and money for upgrading = your rating will go up.
My rating changed through the game twice from 20 to 100 and from 100 to 20.
And using marketing for increasing one exact type of customer will be really helpful.
My hotel have 100% chance for celebrities. Avast Ye, hotties.

Flag Post

I would have agreed with you, as I thought up the same plan myself, buuuuut…

The few patrons you get will still give you money, yes, but a negative rating means you get about 0-2 people a day. If you pay for an ad campaign, enough people still won’t come. You lose more on expenses then you do on gains – though I’ll admit, I did consider bulldozing the entire place, but not soon enough. If you don’t bulldoze the entire place and fire everyone, then you go bankrupt. Then they take away your XP and amenities, so you CAN’T upgrade, rendering your plan moot. Then, because you have no amenities, the people who do come lower your rating even more. Then you lose your XP and amenities AGAIN. Then, because you have no amenities, the people who DO come…

It doesn’t matter anymore anyway. Apparently the autosave stopped kicking in when my rating went below 0 or something like that. With positive rating (even if it is low) I can get back on my feet again.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I solved the hipster quest as follows: Save up about 10k $ and sell all your rooms. All customers will leave right at the reception and will vote 0 stars. So will have the 12 needed 0 star ratings in 1 day or 2 at most and unlock the hipster. Put then all your filter points into hipsters while you start rebuilding the rooms. Don’t build room decorations but only plain rooms at the start. Make sure that you always keep about 2000 $ for the expenses of the next two days before buying new rooms and you should be save. Rating will raise constantly back to normal level in a week or two.

Flag Post

You don’t need to sell your rooms, you just have to go to your reception and designate all patrons to a room type that you don’t have built, then toggle all of your rooms to “restricted.”

Flag Post

Easiest way to get 0 stars is to not have enough rooms. people get pissed and give it a 0 star. Restricting all rooms to one type will make the rest give zeroes.