Fixation

20 posts

Flag Post

Fixation by 2DArray.

Amazing!

And no, this game does not advocate smoking. This is a prequel to The Company Of Myself so be sure to check that game out too, if you’re interested.

Flag Post

how can i discuss this game without spoiling?
where’s the spoiler tag?

Flag Post

You should create a thread called “Fixation Plot (SPOILERS)” and then we can discuss it there!

Flag Post

Could someone tell me how to use smoke rings? Because I’m clearly doing it wrong. I can’t get past the second smoke ring detector in the caves, it hits dead on but only opens the door for a split second.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blackdrazon:

Could someone tell me how to use smoke rings? Because I’m clearly doing it wrong. I can’t get past the second smoke ring detector in the caves, it hits dead on but only opens the door for a split second.

If it’s the one I’m thinking of, you need to be standing on the block that disappears.

It gets trickier as it goes along, but I’m sure if you play around you’ll find the solutions!

Flag Post

Nope. This is the very first room, you have to shoot a smoke ring between some blocks, then (or rather, as you) drop to a lower level and run through some blocks. Oh well, I guess I’ll work it out when it gets badges.

Flag Post

Now I know which one you’re talking about. Just stand on the bottom level and blow a smoke ring up through the blocks, and it will bank off of the wall and hit the switch as it fades out.

Flag Post

Also, Kathryn has some pretty fancy moonwalking skillz.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blackdrazon:

Nope. This is the very first room, you have to shoot a smoke ring between some blocks, then (or rather, as you) drop to a lower level and run through some blocks. Oh well, I guess I’ll work it out when it gets badges.

You’ll know if you are blowing smoke rings right, there’s no wrong way only… not doing them. :)
That puzzle is pretty tough but it’ll feel oooh soooo good when you figure it out! Remember, doors will stay open if you are on top of them when they try to close.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Moshdef:

Now I know which one you’re talking about. Just stand on the bottom level and blow a smoke ring up through the blocks, and it will bank off of the wall and hit the switch as it fades out.

Okay, that’s what I’ll shoot for then. Banking makes sense.

Flag Post

Fixation just received some badges!

Flag Post

Really really stuck on 2-5 :/ Any hints?

Flag Post

How to gest second badge? “blowing smoke” one? i tried stay co close as i can next to no-smoking area, and push smoke circles with mouse-point as far as i can on screen… and nothing. it’s still too far XD

Flag Post
Originally posted by vmills:

Really really stuck on 2-5 :/ Any hints?

This one took me awhile to figure out too. Note that if you are standing in front of a block, it will not phase back in. With this in mind, you might be able to make your way up that wall of blocks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Anatea:

How to gest second badge? “blowing smoke” one? i tried stay co close as i can next to no-smoking area, and push smoke circles with mouse-point as far as i can on screen… and nothing. it’s still too far XD

Kathryn has the amazing ability to push her smoke rings, if she runs into them! Moonwalking into them also works.

Flag Post

Much obliged, Moshdef!

Flag Post
Originally posted by xRacingHeartx:

Can anyone help me out with the level where she can’t jump because her legs are heavier?

That sounds HILARIOUS. What’s this game about?

Flag Post
Originally posted by NYCBerserker:
Originally posted by xRacingHeartx:

Can anyone help me out with the level where she can’t jump because her legs are heavier?

That sounds HILARIOUS. What’s this game about?

@RacingHeart you can still jump while in mid-air, but only if you walk off of a ledge.

@NYCBerserker It’s an amazing puzzle/platformer that is a prequel to a popular game called The Company of Myself. Both tell a great story, so I would recommend playing both (it doesn’t really matter what order you play them in, in my opinion). It’s about a girl who uses smoking to cope with things, and about a man that she meets. I won’t say anything more, because it really is a great story and should be played through.

Flag Post

Errrmm… What happens?

Flag Post

@Gremlion I have no idea what that message is about, but I completed the game 100% on Kongregate and was able to play it the day it was uploaded to this site.