Official Enigmata Stellar War Thread

2013 posts

Flag Post

This is the official place to discuss Enigmata Stellar War!

I will update this thread with tips and tricks about the game.

I am currently working on the mobile version for Stellar War, which will include an HD update for the browser. Check out my Kickstarter page for more details.

Flag Post

Tip: saving a text save on your computer is the ultimate way to guarantee you will never lose a save game.

Tip: Turn off Auto-pause if you do not want the game to pause when clicking out of the screen.

Flag Post

I must be a complete newb, how do I bring up the spell upgrade menu to unlock spells? I click in space and the spell activate menu comes up, but I dont see the spell upgrade menu that I got once while in the “tutorial” first level.

Flag Post

doh, its the red triangle button on spell bar that says UPGRADE lol

Flag Post

Lol glad you found it!

Flag Post

Quite a nice tower defense game, and a very reasonable kreds price to get the premium version too

Flag Post

Error 5023 anybody? Help?

Flag Post

Bug Report:
I’m using premium version. A rare unit (my first) dropped when I was maxed out at units, and I clicked it and it mentioned I was maxed and it was moving it to bank. All well and good. Except after that, anytime I tried to click a unit to move it, it complained that I was maxed on units and couldn’t move it. My guess is some unit counter incremented somewhere when it wasn’t supposed to if a rare is auto placed into a bank:)

Flag Post

workaround for that bug (which persists after the battle), send another unit to the bank to get below max, then take it back out.

Flag Post

There a way to rotate towers?

Flag Post

Aegis seem useless, but the reflector upgrade is amazing against bosses.
You can upgrade your command base.
Buy 6 spells as fast and spam them. They don’t cost gold, and it doesn’t hurt you. Exploding Box is almost useless.
Have variety. (duh)
Certain units need to be in certain areas. Don’t put your healing units on the outside. Don’t put your shields on the inside, etc.
Range upgrades are OP. When you get enough of them, (3 chargers lololol), you don’t have to worry about units not being able to attack the boss, since they’ll basically cover everything.
HP increase is useless in the beginning. You should have 4 healers, a couple aegis, and your attackers shouldn’t be going below 3/4 hp ever.
Yay for gold over time. Don’t go too crazy on this, it stops being worth it after a while.
Move your mouse around like crazy. You need to make sure you don’t miss those epic rare structures or double gold and stuff. (You only get one warning ever, and that’s the first time)
Redo levels. You get 7000+ gold for perfect,(possible 4 times) and that gets really easy.
Everything stacks. I’m pretty sure of this.

I want to be able to tell what my rare unit does, and what exactly happens when things rank up. Maybe a glossary or something.
So far though,
Gold Generator: Increases value of coins by a small percentage. (1%, goes up by 1% per rank) I’m not really sure how this works, it seems to increase the speed of gaining gold by a lot, but there might be a visual bug with this, as I’m still getting money by the 100’s.
Starts with Gold Generator at rank 1(Makes gold per 10 sec)
Allows coins to stay on the field for an extra 2 seconds, goes up 2 seconds per rank.
Defensive Wall: Mine is vertical. Basically indestructible. Tons of HP, can be leveled up to gain bonus healing from healing sources.
Sanctum Beacon: Small radius. Heals all units inside. Can be upgraded to increase healing power. Other upgrades not important.
Arcane Wrath: A mini aegis, does some damage. Nice for filling in gaps.

Flag Post

has anyone else gotten a “super tower” i dont know if its a bug or not but when i was trying to build a nexxon phasor it built a nyon exist instead it does roughly 4 times more damage havent been able to replicate it with anything else as of yet

Flag Post

thats a later ship you can get in the game like one of the last 5

Flag Post

Gnarshra, I just released an update to fix that error you were talking about. Sorry about that.

Flag Post

plz some1 how do you flip the tower defense wall to make it vertical??

Flag Post

Where is unit bank??????

Flag Post

I don’t think you can flip the walls Jeff. Vertical and horizontal ones will drop.

Flag Post

Just a few questions..

Is there any way to edit/upgrade your unit formation in between battles/levels that I have somehow not found ?

Where is the unit bank ?

Flag Post

There’s a formation editor that unlocks after level 2 or 3 I think. The unit bank should be on the left side (and is usually not visible except for the sign which says “unit bank” ).
@JeffE1: I think horizontal and vertical ones are seperate drops. At least I haven’t found an option to flip em. Though that would be usefull for the aegis too (though not as much it still would).

Flag Post

Here are a few suggestions (here and not in the comments because i can at least use breaks here +.~):

1. Gold generation is uhm slightly expensive I’d say. Just 15k for 50 more in 10 seconds? that equals something like 1 hour of playtime/battletime till you start making profit.

2. The fighter AI. It’s horrible. I can’t tell you the amount of times I wish I hadn’t build them just to notice that their damage is quite good actually. Here’s what I would do/try: make them “patrol” around the base. Just send them on a circle path – how about at the ring of the “foundation”. That way they wouldn’t stop the enemies from getting closer to my guns WHERE I CAN KILL THEM.

3. It’d be cool if we could somehow improve the XP of towers (that don’t have that +xp% upgrade ), because it needs ages to upgrade the newbuilt high end towers.

4. A reminder or indicator that a rare dropped would be nice (I conciously know of 2 I simply saw to late) like the “DANGER!” reminder (which in fact, is useless but adds to the atmosphere).

Regarding the last two points maybe some kind of survival would be rad – either with 0% rare dropchance so i can press F, walk away, return with a cup of coffee just for the game to tell me I lasted for 28 seconds. I recon that’s kinda like that Nekoattack, er I mean Fiondronethingie, but more Xplosions are allways nice to watch. Another possibility would be some superhard survival with a higher dropchance for rares and checkpoints. The rares could/would not be permanent till you reach a checkpoint.

Then again these are all just wishlisting and you need to balance it.

Where’s that damn Lightbringer tower … start dropping them FFS!!! mumble

Flag Post

Does the effect of Gold medallion upgrade stacks??

Flag Post

I really agree with Cookymon about the Fighter’s make a patrol around the base.

The fighters going forward to attack make a fight with them x the enemies and my towers on the back watching, this is boring, and if you make 2 or 3 fighter pad it’s hard getting fighter by fighter and put on the back.

Flag Post

the ZAC fighters need a better AI.. they keep bumping straight into bosses & getting killed too easily.. and some of the turrets need more info, and it’d be nice to see how much dmg your ZAC fighters actually do, rather than having no info on them aside from their health…

Flag Post

Working on gathering unit stats now. Will post as I flesh out all the vital stats. In the meantime:

A unit gains experience when it takes damage, deals damage, and sometimes, just for sitting around doing nothing.

As a unit gains ranks, it fires more shots per salvo. The delay stat is the delay between salvos. So a rank 7 unit fires 7 salvos (each of which can have multiple bullets) in rapid succession, and then waits for a short time.

Some units have a rank 7 upgrade, which costs a ton, but gives some really powerful abilities.

Every unit gets a +100% damage boost at ranks 3, 5, and 7.

The damage displayed in the unit info is damage per shot, after all modifiers.

Flag Post

Normal Units

Nova Turret

0.7 delay
Base Damage: 1.7 damage
Rank 7 Upgrade: Galaxy Turret – 38.8 damage

Fires two bullets per shot

Upgrades:
Spirit Orb: +50-410% exp (10 levels)
RS Amplifier: +25-160% attack power (10 levels)
Matrix Enhancer: +4-40 hp (10 levels)

Core Blaster

0.9 delay
Base Damage: 2.6 damage

Fires one bullets per shot. Pushes enemies back slightly

Upgrades:
Adaigo Force: 15-75% chance to slow (5 levels)
Auto-Heal: Heal one hp every 2.8-0.1 sec (10 levels)
Spiral Force: +1-10 to range (10 levels)

Aegis Barrier

Sits there and soaks up damage.

Rank 7 Upgrade: Titan Barrier – +100 to hp

Upgrades:
Terra Alloy: +15-150 hp (10 levels)
Reflection Barrier: reduce damage by 40% and reflect enemy fire

Vira Healer

Shoots healing pellets at injured units

3.4 delay
Base Damage: 1.75 healing

Upgrades:
Matrix Enhancer: +4-40 hp (10 levels)
Spiral Force: +1-10 to range (10 levels)
Team Integrity: all units in range get +3-17 hp (10 levels)

Nexxon Phasor

3.8 delay
Base Damage: 27 damage

Shoots a beam. Useful for using your enemy against themselves

Upgrades:
Dexterity Boost: reduces delay from 3.8 to 2.9 (10 levels)
Spirit Orb: +50-410% exp (10 levels)
Ghost Phasor: 20% chance of converting enemy on killshot

Fion Drone

Runs around, gathering money. Doesn’t collaborate, meaning multiple drones will try to grab the same coin.

Upgrades:
Ion Boosters: speed +35-105% (3 levels)
Gold Generator: Generate 150-600 gold every 10 seconds (10 levels)

Zycon Storm

1.7 delay
Base Damage: 5 damage

shoots two missiles per shot (4 with upgrade). Missiles will find a new target if the current one is destroyed. Missiles explode on their own after a while.

Upgrades:
Sigma Shift: range +5
Megaton DF: doubles missiles per shot from 2 to 4
Team Advance: all units in range get +1 to range

Grand Blaster

3.4 delay
Base Damage: 20 damage

Space artillery.

Upgrades:
Dexterity Boost: reduces delay from 3.4 to 2.6 (10 levels)
Tachyon One: Increase projectile speed by 20-100% (5 levels)
Shield Disruptor: 20-100% chance to destroy enemy shields (5 levels)

Zakana

0.9 delay
Base Damage: 5.2 damage

Fires two bullets per shot. The bullets slow down quickly, making the zakana’s effective range rather limited.

Upgrades:
Team Vigor: all units in range get +4-13% attack power (10 levels)
Shield Disruptor: 20-100% chance to destroy enemy shields (5 levels)
Ultra Amplifier: +35-215% attack power (10 levels)